Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's ridiculous, his goal scoring longevity is unreal. Now less than 200 goals away from the all time record.

I think he's a betting favorite to do it. And that's ridiculous in this era. People can say, "Yeah, but scoring's back up a bit," but still--not a single player currently in the league is a favorite to hit 700. Ovy's looking at 900. IMO, he's the best goal-scorer of all time. The longevity separates him from the pack.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bar none Ovechkin is my favorite non-Lightning player ever. Been such a pleasure to watch his career. I never understood how the guy got so much heat for not winning a Cup when his teammates were so consistently bad under the same pressure for so long while he did fine.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I've always been more impressed by Ovi than Crosby. It might be that whenever I see the Pens play the Bolts, I'm more concerned about Malkin.

Crosby also got (and still strangely gets) Gretzky hype, and those expectations have set up for at least a slight let down.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It's interesting to think how much closer Stammer would be to Ovechkin if he didn't have those two major leg injuries. He was probably the only guy who could hang with Ovechkin at the start of 2010's.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Toronto made a trade. They got Kyle Clifford.

While the management group probably had some say, I'd like to have seen whatever plays out from a completely theoretical model of an NHL team.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Clifford has a nice smile though:

8475160.jpg

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't really get why they want to put another team in the Las Vegas area, especially at the expense of San Antonio fans.

The Knights have only been around three years, and we haven't seen them be truly awful yet, so we don't really know how durable Vegas is just yet.

There's a ton of risk they're taking on, and San Antonio is a huge southwestern market. They're probably Stars and Coyotes country, but Vegas probably would have sold a few jerseys.

Reactions: Hoek

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
What's their Defense now?

Holl, Muzzin, Dermott, Sandin, Barrie, Marincin.

Yikes
Probably before the injury the pairings were
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Barrie
Sandin - Ceci

Edit: Also I think Andersen might be out for a while, that is only an assumption based on the fact that they went out and got Campbell.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
@FP - Silly season getting started early. Wonder what St Louis is going to do now because the Wolves are without an affiliate and so is STL. We know how that went down the last time.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Toronto without their starter for their back-to-back with Anaheim and Montreal.

The 20 year old Liljegren has 1 nhl game under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad