Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Uhhh Coop? THE problem has been that we've scored a whopping 2 goals between the Pens in games 6 and 7, Caps in games 6 and 7 and Chicago in game 6 and both goals came in the same game vs the Pens in game 6. Excluding the NYR series, our offense has completely died once we've gotten to the Conference and Cup Finals. Your comment is completely isolated to last year and yet it somehow followed the same pattern as all the other years.

If it happens again and Kucherov and Stamkos are zip for like the 4th year while the rest of the team plays well I'm done blaming Cooper. It's gonna prove our 2 biggest stars are the 2 biggest chokers under pressure in the league. We can change coaches but I doubt it's gonna fix the problem. You can't fix S A W F T. For what it's worth we played fantastic as a whole vs Pitt and fantastic vs the Caps in game 7. We couldn't buy a goal to save our damn lives.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Uhhh Coop? THE problem has been that we've scored a whopping 2 goals between the Pens in games 6 and 7, Caps in games 6 and 7 and Chicago in game 6 and both goals came in the same game vs the Pens in game 6. Excluding the NYR series, our offense has completely died once we've gotten to the Conference and Cup Finals. Your comment is completely isolated to last year and yet it somehow followed the same pattern as all the other years.

If it happens again and Kucherov and Stamkos are zip for like the 4th year while the rest of the team plays well I'm done blaming Cooper. It's gonna prove our 2 biggest stars are the 2 biggest chokers under pressure in the league. We can change coaches but I doubt it's gonna fix the problem. You can't fix S A W F T. For what it's worth we played fantastic as a whole vs Pitt and fantastic vs the Caps in game 7. We couldn't buy a goal to save our damn lives.

So what you're saying here is... "Cooper, you have the problem totally wrong and you're addressing an entirely different problem. But if it happens again, you're off the hook."

This logic makes 0 sense, Sunny.

Reactions: Master P

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So what you're saying here is... "Cooper, you have the problem totally wrong and you're addressing an entirely different problem. But if it happens again, you're off the hook."

This logic makes 0 sense, Sunny.

What happened last year was a one-off and I'm over it. Vasy, Hedman, Stralman were all hurt and Coop is pretty bang on about our mentality. It was a recipe for disaster waiting to happen and we bowed out in 4 games. Boston probably beats us in 6 even if we survive the CBJ because you're not beating them without Hedman. But it's the persistent lack of goal scoring late in series that's always done us in and it's happened in every series we've lost but 2 (last year and Montreal in 2013-2014) with Stamkos and Kucherov leading the way while the rest of the team continues to play well despite them. Stamkos gets a pass for Pittsburgh game 7 for the obvious reasons. But in any case, I'm split 50/50 on whether Cooper is failing to prepare Kucherov and Stamkos or if the two of them are chokers. They will start a series well and then completely disappear when the pressure is greatest. How in the hell a coach is supposed to win a championship with that kind of handicap is beyond me. You can't fix chokers. You have to just hope they finally pull it together well enough to not cost you.

But let's put it this way. It's the ECF, we lead the series 3-2. Boy where have we seen this before? Stamkos and Kucherov are playing well thus far like usual. Team plays well as usual. But they combine for 0 points rest of the way and look like scared dogs wandering through traffic. We lose game 6 by a 2-0 and lose game 7 by 2-1 with Point scoring our lone goal.... that's not a coaching problem. That's your superstars being soft af YET AGAIN and I've got about 3 other times to prove it.

Edit: But in any case I picked us to win it all this year when the season started. I have no idea why. It just felt right kinda like how 2014-2015 did but even then I figured on day 1 we'd get to game 6 of the ECF and bow out. I never expected a SCF berth. We'll see if my prediction holds up.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Boudreau fired.... Dear God the stars are aligning for us to be able to pick between him, Lavi, Gallant and Babcock if we have to move on from Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad