Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's nothing. There's a thread on the main boards now that Dundon is saying that while he's the owner, they won't pick a d-man (and maybe goalies?) in the first round.
Canes owner: "We won't draft defense in the 1st round as long as I'm here"

I think he's underestimating how hard it is to get true #1 d-man.
Yeah I saw that too but didn't mention it because I didn't think it was related to not liking the jerseys. But related to being an idiot? Yeah it looks like you got me there

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Professional mascot performers are in pretty good shape...and sober. You've got to consider the condition they've got to be in to have cartoon levels of energy for 3~ hours a night, often multiple nights in a row (with some breaks of course), running up and down stairs all over the arena, etc.

I'm a bit surprised that Tommy Hawk didn't seem to have any kind of handlers with him. Either borrowed from another department/spirit squad type team or his own to get him out of exactly those type of situations (and enable him since he doesn't talk).

Reactions: The Macho Man

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Professional mascot performers are in pretty good shape...and sober. You've got to consider the condition they've got to be in to have cartoon levels of energy for 3~ hours a night, often multiple nights in a row (with some breaks of course), running up and down stairs all over the arena, etc.

I'm a bit surprised that Tommy Hawk didn't seem to have any kind of handlers with him. Either borrowed from another department/spirit squad type team or his own to get him out of exactly those type of situations (and enable him since he doesn't talk).

That is weird. Thunderbug always has a person with him - wearing a "Bug Keeper" jersey - at all times, plus there's almost always one other security type hanging around his general area.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Watched the pens vs ducks and it was an insanely fast game, really shows how far teams have adapted to the Penguins speed from 3 years ago but part of the reason both teams looked so fast was because their defenses was so bad at controlling the neutral zone. Both teams were springing guys back and forth, the score didn't reflect it but it was just run and gun hockey

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
What has happened to the Xmas team who was top5 earlier? The season is just right here and they are out of the playoff spot now.
The bad games I can recall are the losses against Yotes, and them.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
Pretty unreal that Canada beat Denmark 14-0 today in Juniors.. That is easily the highest hockey score I've ever seen, in any league, ever.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
So Jason Garrison has been traded to the Blackhawks and just now cut already. So if we need some defensive depth.....:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad