Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
I got enough Toronto hype from the main board during the Toronto / Boston game to last an eternity..

I thought habs fans were cocky, but that was before I had experienced the leafs fans.. Wow, what a despicable fanbase they have up there.

I hope we beat them into oblivion Thursday night, just as we did Colorado. I would say "put them in their place", but I don't think they'll ever come back to reality, even with a devastating loss. I can't imagine what level it'll get to if they actually make it out of the first round of the playoffs for the first time in 15 years..

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ovechkin is unreal, on way to his 9th 50 goal season at age 33.

By comparison Stamkos and Kovalchuk who were his biggest goal scoring rivals have 4 combined.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Ovechkin is unreal, on way to his 9th 50 goal season at age 33.

By comparison Stamkos and Kovalchuk who were his biggest goal scoring rivals have 4 combined.
Wonder if Kovalchuk and Stamkos would have more if they played more. Kovalchuk straight up left the NHL and Stamkos got hit with injuries. Of those three Stamkos is the youngest though who knows maybe after a couple of injury free seasons he will be able to get back to 50 but I doubt it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He'll probably put up 50 goals in his 60s.

But seriously, to think that many guys start fading away at 33 and play their last seasons in the season while this guy is going to have another 50 goal season...

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Gary Roberts:
"I would love to come back for a few shifts against Brad Marchand. Listen, hey that guy and I'll be honest, he's made himself a heck of a hockey player. Love the way he plays 100%. Don't like the side show stuff that he does. I just don't think there's a place for that in the game. So if someone is allowed to act like that on the ice, then someone should be allowed to do something about it, and unfortunately that's not the case."

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

The white/color sweater scheme is pretty outdated from the days of black and white tv. If you can get away with wearing your primary kits (like in soccer), then do that.

It sounds like a pain in the ass because it's just the Canes doing it, but some minor league teams have virtually non-stop specialty sweaters that require the away team to wear their other color so the home team can have their Fortnite sweaters or whatever.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ovechkin already has as many goals as Stamkos did all of last season..

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
28 goals in 31 games..... that's a 60 goal season if he "only" plays the remaining 51 games at his career pace.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->