Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Seriously, just heard the reasoning for the no call on the PK high stick...Linesman came in and said that the puck was what hit Pageau, not PK's stick...

3 French Canadian Officials on the ice btw.

What?...

Subban straight up chopped him in the face. Could've actually hurt him if he wasn't wearing a visor.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
What?...

Subban straight up chopped him in the face. Could've actually hurt him if he wasn't wearing a visor.

Yeah, I dunno man. The only thing more hilarious is all of the Habs fans in the GDT talking about the rules and how the play was dead as soon as Subban touched the puck...so it's ok he hit Pageau in the face with his stick...

Then the explanation coming through that the Linesman overturned it because he made a bad call kinda shut them up. They literally were stating ******** rules in the GDT. How are these supposed to be the most knowledgeable fans in the game?

I think Chief was right.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well this just went crazy.

Gotta think the Subban major is a makeup for the Eller miss. There's no way that should be a misconduct. Probably the weakest misconduct I've ever seen, honestly. 2 minutes, definitely. 4 if you wanna run wild with it. The Eller butt-end most definitely should have been some kind of misconduct.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014

Gotta think the Subban major is a makeup for the Eller miss. There's no way that should be a misconduct. Probably the weakest misconduct I've ever seen, honestly. The Eller butt-end most definitely should have been some kind of misconduct.

what? that's straight up baseball bat style swing right into stone's wrists. if you only get 2 minutes for **** like this people would do it all the time.

dirtiest play in a long time

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
what? that's straight up baseball bat style swing right into stone's wrists. if you only get 2 minutes for **** like this people would do it all the time.

dirtiest play in a long time

People do do that all the time. It happens 3 times a game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Woo! Sens score!

Little known fact: Turris's childhood hero was Steve Yzerman.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

Gotta think the Subban major is a makeup for the Eller miss. There's no way that should be a misconduct. Probably the weakest misconduct I've ever seen, honestly. 2 minutes, definitely. 4 if you wanna run wild with it. The Eller butt-end most definitely should have been some kind of misconduct.

Well, any slash that results in an injury(which it appears it may have), is an automatic major and game misconduct is also automatic. That's according to Kerry Fraser.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He came back to the bench, but the way he left the game he clearly thought he had a broken wrist. Ref has to make that call though according to Fraser. He tweeted it, it's not me citing him from another example.

We should send a memo to our players to drop like they're shot. That's the only thing that separates what happened there from a run-of-the-mill 2 minute slashing penalty. 4 if you want to send a message. I'd love to see the Sens beat Montreal in a sweep, so I'm kind of happy Subban got the game, but there's no way I can look at that and think it should've been a misconduct. It was a hack across the wrist.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
We thought we were starting to develop some hate with Detroit fans. Wow Habs and Sens fans are brutal. If words could kill, Canada would have half the population it does now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad