Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
If you ever wanna feel good about the Lightning, especially when they're in a slump, check this out:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/edm/edmonton-oilers

Could always be worse.

The Oiler's post-game thread tonight is full of a zen-like loathing. Gotta feel for those fans. That's a proud organization that's crumbled (because of pride, maybe?).

dangit, why did the sharks have to ruin all the fun?

BEVmZDZ.jpg

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm to lazy to look but does anyone know if we get a huge layoff in games? We have played 5 more then a bunch of teams. I prefer when we have games in hand rather then being ahead of schedule as it makes the standings not as true as they seem. Obviously everybody behind us won't win them all but I can see there being a real tight group of 6 at the top of the standings.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
other than montreal winning I'd say it was a pretty good night for our standings
3 point game from NYI/WSH, and detroit and rangers lost

for the rangers to only be #2 wildcard after an 8 game winning streak says that it is not impossible for the rangers to miss the playoffs especially if boston stops sucking

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Purcell @ -18 right now and 17 pts in 36 games. If it wasn't for the 2 years left in his $4.5 Million cap hit contract - he'd be in the KHL right now.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...y-boucher-loses-it-on-referee-at-spengler-cup
Former Tampa Bay Lightning coach Guy Boucher has been coaching the Canadian team that is participating in the Spengler Cup, and on Tuesday he had a bit of a meltdown following their 6-5 loss to Swiss club team Geneve-Servette in the Semifinal of the tournament.

In the final minute, with Canada trailing 6-5, they were whistled for a too many men on the ice penalty before the puck had been dropped to start the play. Seriously.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I actually like what he said, from the video it sounded alot more derogatory.

On the television broadcast, which you can see above, he could be heard repeatedly screaming at a referee, "You're an idiot" and "people came here to watch hockey, not you."

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Man, the rangers are really having all kinds of luck right now but they are also playing some good hockey and will win another game tonight against Buffalo who is going the other way. Montreal will probably pull out another win against Pittsburgh since we couldn'tdo that and take a firm grip on the lead in the Atlantic, things are getting tightare in the east and it's time for us to start pulling out the big guns soon and fix what we need to fix.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Gallagher apparently had a major GI go uncalled for one of those Montreal goals. Color me surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad