OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Wings are killing it. Tied for 1st in the division with us. We need to start winning.

Yupp, and now Ottawa have tied it up after being down 3 - 0 since all teams but ours can do that with little problems because they don't give up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yupp, and now Ottawa have tied it up after being down 3 - 0 since all teams but ours can do that with little problems because they don't give up.

That's only a short-term thing. We have a pretty good history of clawing our way back into games that looked out of reach. We haven't done it much this year, but it's still in us.

I know we're coming off a loss, but we're in first place even though we're not really sure if we have a first place team just yet. So things have gone very, very well.

Ottawa's win is good for us. They're the latest team to jump the Rangers in the standings (NYR with games at hand). As long as the Rangers are out of a playoff spot, even lower tier Atlantic division teams can help our cause. Rangers sitting 11th in the East right now, 21st in the league. That's a 3.5% (I think) shot at McDavid. I'd take that. Too bad it's not until next year that the NHL will determine the top 3 picks via lottery.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's only a short-term thing. We have a pretty good history of clawing our way back into games that looked out of reach. We haven't done it much this year, but it's still in us.

I know we're coming off a loss, but we're in first place even though we're not really sure if we have a first place team just yet. So things have gone very, very well.

We have been very good this season so far, even with injuries we have prevailed. But I have this feeling that we need to get better, especially on special teams if we want to stay on top. Normally I would say just keep playing like we are, but feel we have been a little inconsistent this month so far. We score 6 goals, then only one, we score 5 goals, then only 1. There seems to be no middle ground.

We could of taken 4 of the goals from Thursday's game against Buffalo, and apply it to two other games last week, and we would of won all three.

As per the Rangers tanking. Yeah, I think it's a long-shot. But if it helps this team get a better pick, so be it.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Rangers are looking good against the Pens again.

The Pens and Rangers games are always full of emotions, especially for the rangers who it always seem to be a massove thing when they win against them and while it doesn't seem to be as big of a deal to the pens after last yeard po I think that is slowly turning around.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Jagr scoring his 710th goal in his 1,500th game, it's very impressive and he is still better than many players younger than him.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Malkin and Downie score back to back in like 10 seconds to tie the game at 3. EDIT: Rangers could defy probability and lose a record number of games after 2 goal leads.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
You guys really suck at boarding. I read this and think the Pens win and check the score and they lost. **** all of you. Stop being terrible at the internet you ****ing turd licking losers.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
really starting to salivate over the the thought of stealing some of san jose's players if they crash and burn type rebuild

big fan of pavelski and marleau, and I think niemi would be an awesome rental so bishop doesn't stay on pace for 70-something games played..

i really wouldn't mind giving up any variation of namestnikov, paquette, killorn, brown, connolly + pick(s), or hopefully carle, at the right price of what they have to offer

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
really starting to salivate over the the thought of stealing some of san jose's players if they crash and burn type rebuild

big fan of pavelski and marleau, and I think niemi would be an awesome rental so bishop doesn't stay on pace for 70-something games played..

i really wouldn't mind giving up any variation of namestnikov, paquette, killorn, brown, connolly + pick(s), or hopefully carle, at the right price of what they have to offer

Marleau or Jagr would be ideal for a stong playoff run, Jagr shouldn't cost much but Marleau depending on the price but it'd also require us to ship off some salary (please be Carle).

Drouin-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn-Filppula-Marleau
Morrow-Boyle-Paquette

Filthy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I think, and have always thought, Marleau is obtainable. And I think Yzerman would still like to bring him on board, despite how strong our forward group is. Over the off-season, Marleau was perhaps the only guy we were fairly heavily rumored to be after via trade (unless you count Ekblad). He might be the only forward in the league I think we should acquire if we have the chance. The fit is just too perfect. Even his age would benefit us, when you consider how young our forward group is.

I also think San Jose would be reasonable about the price tag (because of the aforementioned age), and I can't see another team in the league being able to comfortably offer what we could offer. We can part with a highly skilled prospect (I'm thinking Point-level) as part of a package. We can part with our own 1st rounder. We can part with either Wilcox or Gudlevskis. (If SJ starts asking for D, that could be a problem.)

The only real sticking point (aside from whether or not Marleau is even available) is the money, meaning we'd probably have to figure out a way to move Carle beforehand, or include him in the deal. I doubt there's much appetite for Carle around the league right now. And we're not exactly super deep on the left side anymore, so we'd probably be in the market for a depth lefty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad