OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Big difference between this Habs team and the one we played.

That's the shame in all of it.

And, yes, the Habs went on to win tonight but they were by no means the better team in this game (though, in fairness, NY wasn't the better team in Game 2, either; infuriating sport, isn't it?). Just restating the thoughts of every single one of us when I speak about wishing the Lightning hadn't shat all over themselves in that first round series because, yes, the Habs played well but the Lightning did themselves no favors with their performance, either, Lindback factor duly noted.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Today has been literally the worst day of the playoffs so far, and we've had some days without games.

Practicegate is the biggest non-story I've seen in a while.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I would agree I like the lightning jerseys. What were the other 4? I'm gonna say Wings,hawks, B's and Habs. I like the Blues home jersey also. So I guess that's my top 6.

The other four were Montreal, Chicago, Detroit and Dallas at 4, though i can't recall the exact order of the first three.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Oh that. Yeah, they started saying the head wasn't the principal point of contact to saying Prust didn't hit his head at all.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The other four were Montreal, Chicago, Detroit and Dallas at 4, though i can't recall the exact order of the first three.

You have it right.

1. Montreal (home)
2. Chicago (home)
3. Detroit (home)
4. Dallas (home)
5. Tampa Bay (home)

THN was actually quite kind to the bolts in their other rankings

Best rookie
2nd. Ondrej Palat

Breakout player
1st. Ben Bishop

Top penalty killer
4th. Tyler Johnson

Best shootout goalie
4th. Ben Bishop

MVP
5th. Ben Bishop

Toughest player
3rd. Radko Gudas

Best Goalie
3rd. Ben Bishop

Top Single Game Performances
3rd. Kristers Gudlevskis: Canada-Latvia Olympic game

Top Facial Hair
4th. Radko Gudas

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
You can't put the Lightning's uniforms above the Maple Leafs. The very idea is completely ludicrous.

I don't know i think of it like this, if you had never seen a maple leafs jersey and compared it the the lightning's its tuff to say which is better. I personally prefer Tampa's taking the same point of view.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I want the Canadian team to win the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup.

on practicegate:

Last edited:

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
It will just be that much sweeter when he makes it to the finals and loses.

Could have used a goal like that in 2011, ****er.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I don't know i think of it like this, if you had never seen a maple leafs jersey and compared it the the lightning's its tuff to say which is better. I personally prefer Tampa's taking the same point of view.

Yes, but Toronto has been wearing the identical (literally identical) royal blue/white color scheme for almost 100 years. They are an Original Six team.

I'm guessing this argument/discussion occurred many times ~February 2011 when I wasn't here and I'm of no desire to rekindle it personally, but as far as I'm concerned, it's Toronto's look, the Lightning (a '90s expansion franchise for 'cripes sakes) poached it, and essentially took Toronto's colors and Detroit's template (and laces; for the love of God, laces?) and wanted to look like a traditional team when they play in Florida and have been around for 20 someodd years.

Watching these uniforms for three years has helped get me used to them and I don't mind them like I initially did. It's also worth noting that the EDGE uniforms were an unmitigated disaster; those things were hideous. Maybe with all context removed with respect to Toronto and Detroit, then they even look like a top-notch uniform. But being the uniform nerd that I am, I cannot remove this context personally and, as such, I cannot in good faith put Tampa Bay's uniform set above Toronto's.

To each their own.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm no fashion expert, but does anyone else think that our uniform would look better with black pants rather than blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad