OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
It's not so much that he left as the way he did it. Had he waited for the offseason, we probably would have been sad but understanding. Apparently he wanted out before, family reasons and whatnot, but this was a bit different.

As it was he accepted the role of Captain and then left a team full of rookies and a barely recovered Stamkos in the middle of a playoff push. The first hint of the playoffs in three years.

In addition to that there are some indications that the fact he was so unhappy about not making the Olympic team on the first go round really affected the locker room. MSL may have played well in the month between the "snub" and actually making the team, but the rest of them not so much. And why wouldn't they, it's a team full of kids and your captain obviously wants out. Not good.

Lastly, not only did he request a trade but he only would go to one team. Way to handcuff the organization. Fortunately Yzerman was able to get Sather to bid against himself, but it could have been much worse.

The Rangers were also in no way preordained to even make the playoffs at the time of the trade, and while Marty had a tough time in the regular season with them, you've got to wonder about TB's playoff run had he stayed.

Gotcha,I wouldn't be thrilled with him either. It's too bad he acted that way. Good way to tarnish his TB legacy. It's not surprising though as he and TT are close friends. They seem to be much alike in many ways.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Being a MSL fan for years because of his time @ UVM can I get a lowdown of why he is so disliked now? I have a general idea but would like more specifics w/o having to muddle through a bunch of threads.

uh... he gave up on his team and fans in the middle of the season after 10 plus years. He's a selfish ***** and not the man we thought he was, had he shut his mouth had done this in the off season it would be different. It's sad really, but his own doing.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Carey Price out for the rest of the series.

Habs fans aren't allowed to use it as an excuse, because, well, they said we couldn't. Let's see if they practice what they preach.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Carey Price out for the rest of the series.

Habs fans aren't allowed to use it as an excuse, because, well, they said we couldn't. Let's see if they practice what they preach.

Exactly this. They'll understand how differently a team plays in front of an inferior goaltender.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Habs fans are already giving up and going straight through the grief stages to acceptance. At least in my house. I've tried to limit my 'NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE' to a minimum.

ThunderBuddy

Apr 20, 2014
Not really a fan of both teams, but it's sure enjoyable to see one of them fall apart. Won't even be mad to see Rangers advance and then fall against the mighty West.

Now I guess Habs fans will learn a thing or two about how it was for us when we faced them :laugh:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Not really a fan of both teams, but it's sure enjoyable to see one of them fall apart. Won't even be mad to see Rangers advance and then fall against the mighty West.

Now I guess Habs fans will learn a thing or two about how it was for us when we faced them :laugh:

Well, they'd still have to have Subban and 3 other top skaters playing <100%

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Well, in fairness, by this time of year, most people are less than 100% in some way, shape, or form.

It sucks that Carey Price got hurt, but yeah, in some respects the Habs will get to taste the medicine that they benefited from in the first round. I know we're all still bugged at the poor luck the Lightning had with Bishop in that first round series because, well, it's going to be tough to win when going from a Vezina 'keeper to a below average 'keeper.

ThunderBuddy

Apr 20, 2014
Well, in fairness, by this time of year, most people are less than 100% in some way, shape, or form.

It sucks that Carey Price got hurt, but yeah, in some respects the Habs will get to taste the medicine that they benefited from in the first round. I know we're all still bugged at the poor luck the Lightning had with Bishop in that first round series because, well, it's going to be tough to win when going from a Vezina 'keeper to a below average 'keeper.

Below average keeper that team had no faith in :cry:

Hell, the fact our guys were more confident when Guddy was in net shows how utterly useless Lindback was at times...

BobBobrovsky*

Except that the Canadiens weren't involved in Bishop's injury. At all.
I also don't think this series is a lock for the Rags. At least not yet.

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
Ah poor Habs fans..their team should have no problem beating the Rangers, having your starting goalie go down means nothing..:sarcasm: Atleast they have someone that looks like a back-up and not a steaming pile of poo.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is there a website to view complete old print game programs?

I'm finding a certain amount of interest in the interwar years again.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
the only argument I could see for Pierre McGuire as Pens GM (which he's denied interest in, and no one believes) is the Ben Chang defense.

rip in peace community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad