Value of: Armia

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
There's a good chance Toffoli plays LW.

Montreal is in a bit of cap trouble now, so player for player trades might be tough. Montreal also doesn't need depth.

If Montreal is moving one of their slightly expensive guys (Kulak, Lehkonen, Armia, Byron), they'll either be forced to pay to offload Byron or take the best offer they can get on Kulak, Lehkonen or Armia (the latter option is my preference).

As for futures, it may just be a prospect Bergevin likes, since Montreal has a deep prospect pool and 14 picks (including two picks in the 2nd and three picks in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds).

What do the Habs even need now depth wise?
A vet RD?

They have two vet RD, they need room for their prospects to compete for a spot or two.

Montreal needs depth nowhere, only upgrades at the top of the line-up.

Reactions: tellermine

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
With Gallagher, Anderson and Toffoli all signed to relatively long deals any chance Armia will be moved?

Yes.

It's not the most desirable option and the Habs can easily avoid it by sending Weal to Laval, but I could see the Habs doing it for the following reasons:

- getting some assets for a pending UFA that they might not be able to retain

- trimming salary from the bottom of their roster in order to build more depth

What would be the cost for Edmonton? preference to a player for player deal since we are also tight for cap space. Wouldn’t be opposed to doing a prospect/pick + one of our many 4th liners on a cheaper contract.

If it were to be a player for player transaction I could see us being interested in:

1) a solid bottom-pairing RHD to play with Romanov. Preferably a veteran.

2) a good #4 C or RW

Plus any picks/prospects that would make this trade worthwhile for the Habs. Again, we are not forced to make this move. Having Paul Byron and Armia on our 4th line is actually pretty great considering how we want to play.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
With Gallagher, Anderson and Toffoli all signed to relatively long deals any chance Armia will be moved? $2.6 million seems a tad rich to play him on the 4th line. He’s a mid 6 winger. I’d personally love to add him to the Oilers.

What would be the cost for Edmonton? preference to a player for player deal since we are also tight for cap space. Wouldn’t be opposed to doing a prospect/pick + one of our many 4th liners on a cheaper contract.
I hope we extend Armia. He has looked pretty good since coming to us.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I don’t want Armia back unless he changes the pronunciation of his first name back.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Bergevin wants the team to become bigger, so I doubt he trades the habs biggest forward.
Lehkonen/Byron will be traded before him.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
With Gallagher, Anderson and Toffoli all signed to relatively long deals any chance Armia will be moved? $2.6 million seems a tad rich to play him on the 4th line. He’s a mid 6 winger. I’d personally love to add him to the Oilers.

One of your two young defenseman We can tweak it

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
This, i hope we end up keeping both Armia and Byron, they're cheap and versatile players. I'd prefer moving Tatar because I don't think he's consistent enough to be a big $ player.. and he's probably gonna want 6-7M.

I don't see why having players like Byron and Armia on your 4th line is a bad thing, that's a luxury. It gives us the option to create miss-matches.
Armia should be top 9 A lot of other teams would like to have him Armia and danault will be resigned Tatar will be dealt

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
We get it - you hate Drouin. Your Drouin thread, chalk full of Drouin hating must make you super happy! lol
I’m at the end of the line with drouin to It seemed like he did f all until the last two or three games I think he got a couple empty netters He better start producing this year .

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If montreal is looking to dump salary we will take him back.

It is too bad we had to gift Armia to montreal because of that overpaid dud of a goalie mason.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
If montreal is looking to dump salary we will take him back.

It is too bad we had to gift Armia to montreal because of that overpaid dud of a goalie mason.

If the Habs are dumping salary, it won't be Armia's; there's at least 3 forwards who would be on the block first...

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Danault will be signed. Next year, Tatar and Drouin out, Lehkonen and Armia extended, and Poehling promoted full-time with the club. Mb wants a fast team with big, responsible forwards. There's no way Armia is traded or not re-signed.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
they most likely do depending on how they handle the roster, having less then 400K in cap space for only 21 players won't work as injuries will happen and then they need some room left over for bonuses (Suzuki, Kotka and Romanov all have them)

Weal will get sent down for Evans opening up 735K with 21 players. I think it’s doable with Laval close by. But yeah, would be nice to have another million in cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad