Value of: Armia

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Fair enough. Reasonable reply's. I thought he'd genuinely be available but if not we can lock this one up.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I would get rid of Weal...then Byron long before I would touch Armia.

This, i hope we end up keeping both Armia and Byron, they're cheap and versatile players. I'd prefer moving Tatar because I don't think he's consistent enough to be a big $ player.. and he's probably gonna want 6-7M.

I don't see why having players like Byron and Armia on your 4th line is a bad thing, that's a luxury. It gives us the option to create miss-matches.

Reactions: HabsAddict

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This, i hope we end up keeping Armia and Byron. I'd prefer moving Tatar because I don't think he's consistent enough to be a big $ player.. and he's probably gonna want 6-7M.

Doubt Tatar still has 6-7 million in his dreams. More like a 5x5 retirement counteract...which is still too high.

I would not extend him so I wouldn't have to protect him. Let him "join" the FA market, which will be even worse then now, then sign him for 4x3.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Doubt Tatar still has 6-7 million in his dreams. More like a 5x5 retirement counteract...which is still too high.

I would not extend him so I wouldn't have to protect him. Let him "join" the FA market, which will be even worse then now, then sign him for 4x3.
Yeah Tatar would have to take a huge hometown discount to stay and he could do much better in free agency. If we’re playing really well and he is contributing I wouldn’t have a problem with keeping him as our built in rental sort of thing . Instead of taking a second and prospect for him, just keep him and let him walk after the season.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah Tatar would have to take a huge hometown discount to stay and he could do much better in free agency. If we’re playing really well and he is contributing I wouldn’t have a problem with keeping him as our built in rental sort of thing . Instead of taking a second and prospect for him, just keep him and let him walk after the season.

I think he will take a huge discount to stay.

He is playing well for us but his utter collapse for Vegas is still on his bio. Given his age and next year, which will be as bad as this year, he could be looking at a 3 million contract.

Smartest move....don't extend him and "wink" agreement we will sign him post expansion draft.

If someone wants him for anything past 4...bye.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Fair enough. Reasonable reply's. I thought he'd genuinely be available but if not we can lock this one up.

It's completely reasonable to think he might be on the block considering the recent acquisitions. I feel like he's going to walk at the end of the year (he'd likely be exposed for Seattle otherwise anyway) but right now there is no need to even consider dealing such a versatile player as Armia. Give us another call around the TDL if we're selling.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I think he will take a huge discount to stay.

He is playing well for us but his utter collapse for Vegas is still on his bio. Given his age and next year, which will be as bad as this year, he could be looking at a 3 million contract.

Smartest move....don't extend him and "wink" agreement we will sign him post expansion draft.

If someone wants him for anything past 4...bye.
Sounds good to me but if he gets any where near his point pace of this past season some team will give him 5 million a season for a few years

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
With Gallagher, Anderson and Toffoli all signed to relatively long deals any chance Armia will be moved? $2.6 million seems a tad rich to play him on the 4th line. He’s a mid 6 winger. I’d personally love to add him to the Oilers.

What would be the cost for Edmonton? preference to a player for player deal since we are also tight for cap space. Wouldn’t be opposed to doing a prospect/pick + one of our many 4th liners on a cheaper contract.
Doubtful Montreal trade Armia .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Yes.

And if we're going to trim salary by trading guys like Armia and Byron, we'll need cheaper replacements as well.
I think armia will be extended . Toffoli says he’s fine playing the left side . We wouldn’t be able to find a better third line right winger.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
There’s something about chemistry and familiarity. I’d keep the danault line together as line one playing the best lines . Suzuki seemed to connect with drouin(albeit for a brief stint) and both could benefit from Anderson’s game. Armia and Kotkaniemi played well together and Toffoli would fit like a glove . Drouin needs to be productive to stay with suzuki and Anderson or he loses his spot to Toffoli. He’ll lose that spot on the third line to Lehkonen or Byron if he deteriorated further.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I think armia will be extended . Toffoli says he’s fine playing the left side . We wouldn’t be able to find a better third line right winger.
I don't think Toffoli will play LW. Just see the line combinations where it would work.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
He’s already said he’s fine playing the left side . I think with his quick stick he’ll flourish there
Neither he or Armia are transition players. They also aren't very creative in the offensive zone. Playing them together creates redundancy and puts too much pressure on Kotkaniemi to be the only puck carrier/creator on a line.

I like Armia very much and I wouldn't mind him as a #4RW, but there are future cap implications to consider. If we don't want to lose him for nothing, we may need to trade him.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Neither he or Armia are transition players. They also aren't very creative in the offensive zone. Playing them together creates redundancy and puts too much pressure on Kotkaniemi to be the only puck carrier/creator on a line.

I like Armia very much and I wouldn't mind him as a #4RW, but there are future cap implications to consider. If we don't want to lose him for nothing, we may need to trade him.
Well I guess we agree to disagree . It’s all good.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Would be foolish for Habs to let go Armia after paying premium for Anderson IMO. Might not be as physical/gritty but he can give you 200/200 hits/shots on 3rd line. Toffoli should be on LW.

LW
Tatar
Drouin
Toffoli

RW
Gallagher
Anderson
Armia

I'd put Lehkonen and Byron as expendables.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
They need picks or RD prospects IMO.
Norlinder plays RD and Romanov too, and we have Brook. We are okay with RD and LD

We need young LW prospect who have more potential than Tuch.
I don'T see Drouin in the long term, and Tatar will be traded in time, so we need LW prospect with Caufield at RW and Ylonen at RW

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Montreal made a notable effort to get larger and more physical this offseason so trading Armia is counterproductive. I think he plays out the season and is either dealt at the deadline or walks in UFA.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I really don't see the point to Edmonton adding Armia to be quite honest, we have way too many RW's as it is.

If we add anything else at forward this offseason it really needs to be a LW, preferably a top 6 one.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I am sure MB could but to find one better and as big as Armia would be difficult. And Canadiens can't afford to give up size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad