Value of: Armia

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
With Gallagher, Anderson and Toffoli all signed to relatively long deals any chance Armia will be moved? $2.6 million seems a tad rich to play him on the 4th line. He’s a mid 6 winger. I’d personally love to add him to the Oilers.

What would be the cost for Edmonton? preference to a player for player deal since we are also tight for cap space. Wouldn’t be opposed to doing a prospect/pick + one of our many 4th liners on a cheaper contract.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I doubt they trade him.
They either re-sign him or keep him for the playoffs, and he then leaves as a ufa

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oilers already have too many Right Wingers as it is. Pulju - Yamo - Kassian - Archibald and Chiasson with nowhere to play.

We need a top 6 lw. The bottom 6 is full of players.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
So...

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Toffoli - Suzuki - Andersen
Drouin - Kotkaneimi - Armia
Lehkonen -Evans - Weal/Byron

Armia isn't the odd man out of the Habs, he plays some pretty big roles for us.

Drouin though, he might be looking for a new home next offseason. Weal/Lehkonen/Byron, one of them might not like being a 13th forward.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
So...

Drouin though, he might be looking for a new home next offseason. Weal/Lehkonen/Byron, one of them might not like being a 13th forward.

Drouin with Suzuki- they had chemistry in the playins.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Habs have a lot of picks and a lot of prospects. We don't need either right now. We need an actual game breaking forward which we wont get so I can safely say the Habs actually don't need anything since everything is set for puck drop.

As much as I hate on MB he did a very good job this off season addressing almost every single need the Habs had. Only thing that wasn't addressed was a PMD on the left side but maybe Romanov can do that job.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I can only think of one player who hasn't had great chemistry with Suzuki. He's the type of player anyone can thrive with :)
I think your 100 % right on this . I think drouin has to step up and bring it this year . With a big winger like Anderson creating space and a heady center like suzuki on his line he gotta start producing . If after 10-20 games he loses that spot to Toffoli I don’t think he’ll be getting it back .

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Habs have a lot of picks and a lot of prospects. We don't need either right now. We need an actual game breaking forward which we wont get so I can safely say the Habs actually don't need anything since everything is set for puck drop.

As much as I hate on MB he did a very good job this off season addressing almost every single need the Habs had. Only thing that wasn't addressed was a PMD on the left side but maybe Romanov can do that job.
Wouldn’t that be sweet . I don’t think it’s inconceivable considering he was a point a game player at the world junior tournaments

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So...

Weal should be used to it by now. Probably gets the Peca treatment & gets waived to start the season. It saves us $1m of cap space if he's in the AHL.

Agree though, Armia isn't being moved. He'll walk as a ufa.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Weal should be used to it by now. Probably gets the Peca treatment & gets waived to start the season. It saves us $1m of cap space if he's in the AHL.

Agree though, Armia isn't being moved. He'll walk as a ufa.
Resigned I’m sure

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
What do the Habs even need now depth wise?
A vet RD?
Belief is Romanov likely plays 3rd pairing RHD, even tho he’s a lefty that’s where he plays the most.

Would love a legitimate Top 4 LHPMD and someone to bang and crash on the 4th line

Need to shed Lehkonen/Byron/Kulak for that to happen though

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Wouldn’t it be sweet if romanov turns out to be a left shot puck moving phenom who hits ? I mean he was a point a game defenseman in the world juniors for two years . Maybe there was some truth to his misuse in the khl.

Than I consider three guys we can lose tomorrow and not be affected all that much . Byron 3.4, kulak 1.85 and weal 1.4 . That’s 6.65 that bergevin will free up before the start of the season.

It’s around this time of the day that my therapist thinks I should maybe relax and call it a day .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad