Value of: Armia

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
If i'm Bergevin i'd extend Armia again. 3 x 3
Keeping him until Caufield is ready to take a spot on the top-9
Byron, Drouin and Lehkonen are more likely to be traded than him
But IF he's traded i wouldn't be surprised if he flourish into a 50 points winger on a team who's ready to give him a top-6 role

Reactions: Husqvarna

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Tatar, Drouin, Byron, Weal, Lehkonen, Kulak, and Mete should all be on the block before Armia is even considered and if Danault stands pat on his contract demands, he's gonna be gone as well...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Weal will get sent down for Evans opening up 735K with 21 players. I think it’s doable with Laval close by. But yeah, would be nice to have another million in cap space.

I could see that, send Weal to Laval and have Evans as the 4th line center, that would give them 1,458,691 but still for 21 players so it gives them a little more room but I don't think they want to go with just 21 players so half of that could be gone if any of Juulsen, Blandisi, Belzile, Dauphin, etc.. are kept as a spare. It will be interesting for sure to see how they handle it

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I could see that, send Weal to Laval and have Evans as the 4th line center, that would give them 1,458,691 but still for 21 players so it gives them a little more room but I don't think they want to go with just 21 players so half of that could be gone if any of Juulsen, Blandisi, Belzile, Dauphin, etc.. are kept as a spare. It will be interesting for sure to see how they handle it
Doesn’t a portion of Weal’s cap still count if sent down? How much?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
But IF he's traded i wouldn't be surprised if he flourish into a 50 points winger on a team who's ready to give him a top-6 role

Caufield will be ready much faster than you think, he will play a few game at the end of the year.
and before he's ready to take a top-9 spot? it's not like he's gonna start on the 4th line.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ottawa needs bottom sixers...package him with Byron/Mete...

I don't think teams will take on Byron's contract as 3 years a 3.4M after back to back injury shorten seasons.

Mete they could move but the reality is we need his 735K contract.

I assume the only way the can move Weal is if we retain which we can't or we through in a decent pick.

I know MB said they are ok with the cap there's no way that's true unless Weal and maybe Kulak are in Laval.

Reactions: Junohockeyfan

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I don't think teams will take on Byron's contract as 3 years a 3.4M after back to back injury shorten seasons.

Mete they could move but the reality is we need his 735K contract.

I assume the only way the can move Weal is if we retain which we can't or we through in a decent pick.

I know MB said they are ok with the cap there's no way that's true unless Weal and maybe Kulak are in Laval.

I think Byron could gain at least a bit of interest; solid bottom six vet who's worn an "A" and is a PK threat...if the pot has to be sweetened with Kulak instead of Mete, so be it...throw Weal in for an extra body if they'd take him...just don't expect much back and use the cap gained wisely (like signing a Granlund if he'd accept a Toffoli-lite contract and banking the rest)...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think Byron could gain at least a bit of interest; solid bottom six vet who's worn an "A" and is a PK threat...if the pot has to be sweetened with Kulak instead of Mete, so be it...throw Weal in for an extra body if they'd take him...just don't expect much back and use the cap gained wisely (like signing a Granlund if he'd accept a Toffoli-lite contract and banking the rest)...

I would be surprised if any team would take on Byron's contract without money coming back or something added. As for Kulak, I would think Mete has more value then Kulak.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No one will have interest in Byron. Not during these times.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Weal needs to be sent down for the Habs to be under the cap, and that's with a 22-man roster (Belzile and Mete as extras).

Not to disparage Byron at all, but given the current market, no one is going to take that contract. We could really use him anyway.

The only possible trade options for cap space would be Kulak or Lehkonen. I'd rather not move either.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
With Gallagher, Anderson and Toffoli all signed to relatively long deals any chance Armia will be moved? $2.6 million seems a tad rich to play him on the 4th line. He’s a mid 6 winger. I’d personally love to add him to the Oilers.

What would be the cost for Edmonton? preference to a player for player deal since we are also tight for cap space. Wouldn’t be opposed to doing a prospect/pick + one of our many 4th liners on a cheaper contract.
Excellent taste. I loved Army in Winnipeg and was pretty bummed when he was the add in to dump Steve Mason's contract.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Tatar, Drouin, Byron, Weal, Lehkonen, Kulak, and Mete should all be on the block before Armia is even considered and if Danault stands pat on his contract demands, he's gonna be gone as well...
Absolutely. What are danaults demands ?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Armia isnt going anywhere, Habs are now in win now mode and Armia is too valuable to the team to trade him, brings size and is a puck possession beast, he is a versatile third liner that can be moved up and down the line-up...

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Weal needs to be sent down for the Habs to be under the cap, and that's with a 22-man roster (Belzile and Mete as extras).

Not to disparage Byron at all, but given the current market, no one is going to take that contract. We could really use him anyway.

The only possible trade options for cap space would be Kulak or Lehkonen. I'd rather not move either.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
We got an awful lot of picks . When and if hockey ever resumes , decent depth players can still find work . I’d give one of our three thirds in 2021 and Byron for a 2022 fifth . For weal I’d add one of our 3 fourths in 2021 for a 2022 sixth .

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I would replace Armia by Pulju. Just a bet and see if magic can happen.

Just Finnish magic beans instead of a solid Finnish player that's earned his spot? Wanna grab Joshua Ho-Sang while you're at it for Lekhonen? Howsabout Juolevi? Nolan Patrick? Any other busts you're interested in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad