Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Monahan for Hoffman as the base of a deal

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Hoffman
Mangiapane-Ryan-Tkachuk
Bennett-Backlund-Dube
Lucic-Czarnik-Frolik

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
My take - his diet is catching up with him. He looks lethargic on the ice compared to previous years, and his puck skills look off. He’s easily pacing for the worst year in his career and frankly is a liability.

I could definitely see this being a good possibility for his "decline" this season. I'm not saying Johnny doesn't take his off-ice training seriously (okay maybe he doesn't, idk) but from what we've heard it's not exactly his forefront either. Compare this to someone like Patrick Kane, similar style, size, etc. Who started to take his training seriously after a pretty bad year by his standards in 2017 and is now literally playing the best hockey of his life at 31. Who knows how long Johnny can peak if he starts to take his diet and off ice training more seriously than ever? And if he wants to win, he's sure as hell not doing it here on a diet of f***ing skittles and ham & cheese.

Iggys Dome

Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Here's my take on my ideal line up:

GEOFF WARD, PLEASE TRY LINDHOLM AT C AND JOHNNY ON THE RW. f***ING. PLEASE. FOR LIKE 5 GAMES OR SOMETHING IDK.

Tkachuk-Lindholm-Gaudreau
Dube-Monahan-Mangiapane
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
Lucic-Ryan-Czarnik
Jankowski

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Andersson
Kylington-Hamonic
Stone

Rittich
Talbot

PP1:
Tkachuk
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Giordano

PP2:

Czarnik-Backlund-Mangiapane
Hanifin-Brodie

Switch Johnny on PP1 because Lindholm has a pretty good strong side wrister. Put him at RW in the first place because he can play there and there's no point continuing the Monahan-Gaudreau experiment forever, we have depth and god damn it I wanna see some crazy shit on the ice while we have this roster. Lucic has impressed me the past bit, so I'd be hesitant to split up the Lucic-Ryan-Dube line right away but let's be honest they're note exactly a season-saving line so let's just give this line up a shot. Hope GW gets my text tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Here's my take on my ideal line up:

GEOFF WARD, PLEASE TRY LINDHOLM AT C AND JOHNNY ON THE RW. ****ING. PLEASE. FOR LIKE 5 GAMES OR SOMETHING IDK.

Tkachuk-Lindholm-Gaudreau
Dube-Monahan-Mangiapane
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
Lucic-Ryan-Czarnik
Jankowski

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Andersson
Kylington-Hamonic
Stone

Rittich
Talbot

PP1:
Tkachuk
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Giordano

PP2:

Czarnik-Backlund-Mangiapane
Hanifin-Brodie

Switch Johnny on PP1 because Lindholm has a pretty good strong side wrister. Put him at RW in the first place because he can play there and there's no point continuing the Monahan-Gaudreau experiment forever, we have depth and god damn it I wanna see some crazy **** on the ice while we have this roster. Lucic has impressed me the past bit, so I'd be hesitant to split up the Lucic-Ryan-Dube line right away but let's be honest they're note exactly a season-saving line so let's just give this line up a shot. Hope GW gets my text tomorrow morning.

3rd line actually looks passable, but that second line is horrid. I love Mangi as much as the next guy, but he is barely pacing for more than 25 pts and Dube has 3 nhl goals to date.

Iggys Dome

Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
3rd line actually looks passable, but that second line is horrid. I love Mangi as much as the next guy, but he is barely pacing for more than 25 pts and Dube has 3 nhl goals to date.

Yeah Mangi isn’t great as a 2RW option, at the moment. Come to think of it I’d rather have Czarnik there. Bump Fro down to the 4th line and put Mangiapane on the 3rd.

Dube has big potential IMO. I’m okay with taking the easing in approach we’re doing right now, but in my hypothetical universe I’d like him to see more ice time with more talented teammates. I’m sure it’ll come with time though, I really really like him.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Dube is our next star.

Quote it now ****ers. Give him Tkachuk and some talented linemates and this guy will breakout big time.
NHLe Dashboard.png

Worse draft year (he had an eye injury that really hurt his production towards the end, before that I believe he was a first rounder) but better progression and he's born later in the year. I don't expect Brayden Point but I do think he's a top 6 player going forward, he's fast, skilled, smart and driven, he's been the most fun player to watch in the 3 games hes played.

Reactions: Schred

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Dube has looked better than he did last year. But he needs to play with guys with speed to fully utilize him. Ryan is good because he's a smart player, but give him Bennett instead of Lucic for the speed and I think he can take off.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Any chance you guys go through another rebuild?

I am a canucks fan but I am not trying to be annoying. Just a honest question.

I think last year was a career year for most of your team and they got into a solid system. Just don't think you guys will be as good as last year for a while. Col hands down are the best team going into the future. Nashville and Dallas will be good the next few years. Canucks/Edmonton lack depth but imo are better then the flames and both teams are on the upstring.

idk your ownership situation/fanbase well enough but with all respect is a rebuild a feasible option?

hopefully you guys take this the right way :)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

I think last year was a career year for most of your team and they got into a solid system. Just don't think you guys will be as good as last year for a while. Col hands down are the best team going into the future. Nashville and Dallas will be good the next few years. Canucks/Edmonton lack depth but imo are better then the flames and both teams are on the upstring.

idk your ownership situation/fanbase well enough but with all respect is a rebuild a feasible option?

Rebuild? Hell no.
Retool. Sure.

Flames were dealt this hand. We have to play it through. We have young contracts that are locked up for decent value. IMO we're better of working with the existing core and figure out how to find tune so that they can perform better.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

IMO we only have like 4 guys in our core that are actually playing to their abilities. Most aren't and we can't really figure out why. If we had guys even play close to where they should be, we'll be top 3-5 in the conference. We're playing like **** all season and still 1 point out of a wild card.

The 'retool' that's going to happen is simply moving on from Frolik and doing something with Brodie and/or Hamonic. The pieces that backfill those guys will make us better too.

There's no panic here (yet). The coaching shakeup has already gotten us on a little win streak despite still playing pretty poorly. This will be a scary team when JG & Co. figure it out.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
IMO we only have like 4 guys in our core that are actually playing to their abilities. Most aren't and we can't really figure out why. If we had guys even play close to where they should be, we'll be top 3-5 in the conference. We're playing like **** all season and still 1 point out of a wild card.

The 'retool' that's going to happen is simply moving on from Frolik and doing something with Brodie and/or Hamonic. The pieces that backfill those guys will make us better too.

There's no panic here (yet). The coaching shakeup has already gotten us on a little win streak despite still playing pretty poorly. This will be a scary team when JG & Co. figure it out.

4?

Other than Lindholm who else, Tkachuk like half the time and that's it.

No one else in this core is playing to their ability.

Reactions: super6646
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad