Pre-Game Talk: Arizona @ Panthers Oct. 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
I met Bolland at Costume World yesterday, helped him pick his skeleton for the team party...he said he'll be back about another week. Minor groin issue.

Did u tell him to get the most expensive costume since he has all the money in the world to get one ;)

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
I met Bolland at Costume World yesterday, helped him pick his skeleton for the team party...he said he'll be back about another week. Minor groin issue.

did you pick one out where all the bones are broken? :sarcasm:

pretty cool though, groins are scary, hopefully he'll be ok

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Brad Boyes comes into the Publix I work at fairly often. Saw him yesterday in fact. Told him they had a good road trip. He said thanks and that it was a pretty long one. Saw him last season as well and it was right after they lost a game and he said it sucked to lose in it (obviously), I think it was after a home game vs. Tampa. But yeah, I've seen him about 4 or 5 times already in total since last season, it's pretty neat. I never know what to say though. The first time I saw him he said he's never really had anyone recognize him out in public down here, but that was last season when we had just signed him.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
you think you'd recognize him out of context?

haha of course no doubt. man i recognize all the players from my little hometown when they out shopping groceries or are out to lunch and what not. it's not that amazing. i think you'd also recognize bolland or anyone else from our team if you saw them irl.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
haha of course no doubt. man i recognize all the players from my little hometown when they out shopping groceries or are out to lunch and what not. it's not that amazing. i think you'd also recognize bolland or anyone else from our team if you saw them irl.

The first time I saw Boyes at my Publix, I honestly wasn't sure it was him (mostly because i'd never seen him there before and didn't believe it, but it looked like him enough to think about it) and I didn't say anything. He came in again and I asked if he was Brad Boyes and he said yes. (see a few posts above)

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

In an out of context situation, I think id bat .500 with the longer the player being here, the better my chances.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

Playing every NHL game, since they implemented real photos of the players, has made it really easy for me to recognize most NHL players on the street. Though when I was in Vancouver a few years back, we were in Gas Town having lunch, I swore I saw Mattias Ohlund and tyring to convince my then GF that it was him. I was going to say something to him and then luckily it hit me... Ohlund plays for TBay :banghead: Good thing I didn't say anything.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i know a lot of the guys in the league by face and first name. i used to go down after games for autographs and there would be tons of people and no one knew anyone, i was the one guy who could call every player over by their first name :laugh:

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
you think you'd recognize him out of context?

I've recognized a couple of players around Coral Springs. Vokoun at Dunkin Donuts, Sturm at target, etc... and I saw Bob Gainey at the Drs office I work at about a year ago and I had to do a double take. Was like is that really Bob ****ing Gainey? Was so random.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I've recognized a couple of players around Coral Springs. Vokoun at Dunkin Donuts, Sturm at target, etc... and I saw Bob Gainey at the Drs office I work at about a year ago and I had to do a double take. Was like is that really Bob ****ing Gainey? Was so random.

Haha, Bob Gainey :laugh:

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

Is he a dunker? :help:

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL

A lot of the players live around the Coral Springs/Parkland area since it's close to Panthers Ice Den and right up the Sawgrass from the arena. When I lived with my parents in the past in Heron Bay, I knew Vokoun, Olli Jokinen, Horton, and Stumpel live/lived in the very pricey section called Heron Estates I used to purposely take walks down there and would see Vokoun outside playing with his kids. I know others live in Parkland Golf & Country Club and Luongo I believe lives in Eagle Trace.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Arizona got lit up by Tampa, know how many powerplays they got? 0. I really hope the Panthers are more disciplined Thursday.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
A lot of the players live around the Coral Springs/Parkland area since it's close to Panthers Ice Den and right up the Sawgrass from the arena. When I lived with my parents in the past in Heron Bay, I knew Vokoun, Olli Jokinen, Horton, and Stumpel live/lived in the very pricey section called Heron Estates I used to purposely take walks down there and would see Vokoun outside playing with his kids. I know others live in Parkland Golf & Country Club and Luongo I believe lives in Eagle Trace.

1_wednesdays.gif

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I can easily understand AG, I've seen Bolland raise the Cup twice with one of my lifelong top 3 teams and it took me a second.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Playing every NHL game, since they implemented real photos of the players, has made it really easy for me to recognize most NHL players on the street. Though when I was in Vancouver a few years back, we were in Gas Town having lunch, I swore I saw Mattias Ohlund and tyring to convince my then GF that it was him. I was going to say something to him and then luckily it hit me... Ohlund plays for TBay :banghead: Good thing I didn't say anything.

You realize Ohlund played 11 years in Vancouver and very likely still has a house up there, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad