Pre-Game Talk: Arizona @ Panthers Oct. 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So much time between games, hopefully it's enough time to get them to stop taking dumb penalties?

I don't know how they got a point Saturday, but a win still gives them 3 out of 4 points for the home and home, and a respectable 3-2-3 record for the month, pretty good considering people's hysteria during the preseason.

Nope, Bolland is still out.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't like that you face teams from the west twice a year now? I have nothing against the Coyotes, but does anyone really look forward to seeing these teams play each other twice?

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Am I the only one who doesn't like that you face teams from the west twice a year now? I have nothing against the Coyotes, but does anyone really look forward to seeing these teams play each other twice?

Im not a huge fan either. Would rather see them play eastern teams.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
@strombone1 This is how I feel on game days.... #happyhalloween http://instagram.com/p/uoxRIyO6PC/

4uYENM7.jpg

I'd have that reaction too if I was facing 8 PPs a game :laugh:

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I love East vs West games. I don't really understand this thread, I think it's good that we get to face West teams more than once now. It shakes things up a little and it will create more tension between the two teams.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I think it is great. Means the team comes to Vancouver every year so I can see them play. :handclap:

My wallet would probably prefer the other way though!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I love East vs West games. I don't really understand this thread, I think it's good that we get to face West teams more than once now. It shakes things up a little and it will create more tension between the two teams.

It's the pregame thread, I was just asking a question, not much to talk about right now lol

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I like the new schedule. I like seeing western conference teams twice a year every year, instead of not seeing some teams for 2/3 years. Rather have that than seeing the same teams 6 times a year.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

I love playing the Western Conference. Arguably the best teams in the league. Especially when we play Chicago, California and the 3 Canadian teams.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
yea i loveee seeing the west teams. i get so bored with the east teams, i wanna see the western teams when they come down. i personally love it.

incredible how good we've been defensively 5v5. but we have to find a way to score. 5 of 7 games we've scored 1 or 0 goals in regulation...5 of 7 games. then 2 in one, then 3 in the other. for a total of 9 regulation goals in 7 games, 10 in total.

if we aren't going to get hardly any goals from barkov and huberdeau, which are 2 major players in our top-6, then we have to get it from other places. pirri has 2 in 3 already, he's doing his part (technically on the 3rd line). bjugstad has 0 goals and 1 point through 7 games on 21 shots...0g on 21 shots. bergy and boyes each have 2, which is about what you expect from players like them. flash, upshall, and jokinen (although I'm more confident in him) havent and probably won't score much at all. so thats flash, upshall, jussi, huberdeau, barkov, all expected to not score much (5 players in our top-9), bjugstad hasn't produced anything so far, another top-9 player. so pretty much bergenheim, boyes, and pirri are carrying the offense as of now. thats gotta change and hopefully sometime soon it will. hopefully our D can collect some goals too, thats always very important when you have D that can put up goals. campbell and kulikov can, ekblad is capable but i wouldnt expect too much right now, gudbranson is capable too with his shot but doesn't have the offensive instincts to get a lot.

just stay out of the box first, its been all season long. please.stay.out.of.the.box. behave yourselves guys, play by the rules :laugh:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I think part of the reason that the team struggles to score goals is that so much time is spent on the penalty kill. None of the guys on offense are able to get into a rhythm because every 8 minutes the team is going on the penalty kill and guys like Huberdeau, Barkov, and Bjugstad don't play on the penalty kill. It's tough to be effective when your best players can't get into the flow of the game. I'm not saying that once this team stops with the penalties they'll start scoring 5 goals a game, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 2.5-3 goals per game once the team plays with more discipline.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I think part of the reason that the team struggles to score goals is that so much time is spent on the penalty kill. None of the guys on offense are able to get into a rhythm because every 8 minutes the team is going on the penalty kill and guys like Huberdeau, Barkov, and Bjugstad don't play on the penalty kill. It's tough to be effective when your best players can't get into the flow of the game. I'm not saying that once this team stops with the penalties they'll start scoring 5 goals a game, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 2.5-3 goals per game once the team plays with more discipline.

I concur. Stop the stupid penalties. Play more 5 v 5. Score more goals. Oh, and practice the PP please!

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

agreed. i mean, we lead the leauge in total times short handed which is reflected in our goal scoring .. can't win many games nor score many goals playing short handed. it's pretty simple. still gotta give it up for our defence and luo for keeping us in the games tho.
things really has to change. hopefully luo gave the team a mouthful after the last game. he didn't look too happy.
sorta like this: :rant:

Last edited:

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

Exactly. You nailed it. And to top it all off, we don't even take hard working penalties. We take the greasy stick infractions, delay of game or unsportsmanlike penalties.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
If I were GM/Coach and if I could get rid of black holes on our team:
Hayes-Barkov-Boyes
Howden-Bjugstad-Huberdeau
Pirri-Bolland-Jokinen
Grimaldi-Shore-MacKenzie
Trocheck, Kopecky

Ekblad-Campbell
Mitchell-Kulikov
Gudbranson-Olsen
Petrovic

Luongo
Montoya

And yes, I do like playing teams in the west twice.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
If I were GM/Coach and if I could get rid of black holes on our team:
Hayes-Barkov-Boyes
Howden-Bjugstad-Huberdeau
Pirri-Bolland-Jokinen
Grimaldi-Shore-MacKenzie
Trocheck, Kopecky

that looks like next years line-up hehe. sort of. i'd switch alot of pieces tho.
i'm genuinely interested in why you'd wanna have hayes on the first line. if you want grit & speed, howden would be a better fit imo on the first and perhaps put pirri who's a sniper on the 2nd with huby and bjugs. i also don't think grimaldi has any business on our team as a fourth liner. he should be in the top when he's ready which won't be for a while.

man i wish trocheck would/could play on the wing off barkov in a couple of years, perhaps with grimaldi on the other side scoring goals. that'd be sweet.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
that looks like next years line-up hehe. sort of. i'd switch alot of pieces tho.
i'm genuinely interested in why you'd wanna have hayes on the first line. if you want grit & speed, howden would be a better fit imo on the first and perhaps put pirri who's a sniper on the 2nd with huby and bjugs. i also don't think grimaldi has any business on our team as a fourth liner. he should be in the top when he's ready which won't be for a while.

man i wish trocheck would/could play on the wing off barkov in a couple of years, perhaps with grimaldi on the other side scoring goals. that'd be sweet.

I think Hayes would be a good power-forward on the top line with a playmaker and solid goal-scorer. That's just me though. I had trouble deciding where to put Pirri because yes he's a goal-scorer but he has good chemistry with Jussi and I think a bottom-line role would give him more space to work with. Also, Howden has great speed. I think he's gonna be similar to Michael Grabner, hopefully better. I want to see what Grimaldi brings before I throw him up top. The guy has great skill don't get me wrong, just haven't seen him enough to pinpoint where he'd fit. Trocheck would hopefully take over Boyes' role on the top line someday too.....oh man wouldn't that be sweet haha.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I think Hayes would be a good power-forward on the top line with a playmaker and solid goal-scorer. That's just me though. I had trouble deciding where to put Pirri because yes he's a goal-scorer but he has good chemistry with Jussi and I think a bottom-line role would give him more space to work with. Also, Howden has great speed. I think he's gonna be similar to Michael Grabner, hopefully better. I want to see what Grimaldi brings before I throw him up top. The guy has great skill don't get me wrong, just haven't seen him enough to pinpoint where he'd fit. Trocheck would hopefully take over Boyes' role on the top line someday too.....oh man wouldn't that be sweet haha.

ait. i respect that.
also to that bolded part. aaaaaawwwwwyeeeeeaaah :yo:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I met Bolland at Costume World yesterday, helped him pick his skeleton for the team party...he said he'll be back about another week. Minor groin issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad