OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
In Arizona are the police called "four eight?"

Not that I know of...just in case you aren't aware that name comes from AZ being the 48th state (last in the contiguous US) to ratify the constitution in 1912. The company (State Forty Eight) is a local sportswear company started by some now 30ish guys, at least one or two of whom played hockey as kids in Chandler in the 2000s.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Not that I know of...just in case you aren't aware that name comes from AZ being the 48th state (last in the contiguous US) to ratify the constitution in 1912. The company (State Forty Eight) is a local sportswear company started by some now 30ish guys, at least one or two of whom played hockey as kids in Chandler in the 2000s.

48th state...who knew? :sarcasm:

I thought it was the avg score on the state driving test.

Arizona labeled deadliest state for pedestrians

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
48th state...who knew? :sarcasm:

I thought it was the avg score on the state driving test.

Arizona labeled deadliest state for pedestrians

Heh, Actually, it's not so much the drivers as the pedestrians, a lot of whom like to drink and/or jaywalk, a deadly combo. The driverless uber car accident here? Jaywalker. The good news is there does seem to be more of an effort to get well marked signalled crosswalks in place, so hopefully we get off the bottom of that particular list.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Heh, Actually, it's not so much the drivers as the pedestrians, a lot of whom like to drink and/or jaywalk, a deadly combo. The driverless uber car accident here? Jaywalker. The good news is there does seem to be more of an effort to get well marked signalled crosswalks in place, so hopefully we get off the bottom of that particular list.
I think it’s the elderly drivers. Seems like once a year some senile blue-hair will plow a Chrysler through a large group of people. The body count on those, I think inflates the stats for the whole year.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I think it’s the elderly drivers. Seems like once a year some senile blue-hair will plow a Chrysler through a large group of people. The body count on those, I think inflates the stats for the whole year.

Yeah, I may be biased by living in Downtown Chandler. I've seen a lot of jaywalking. Although, they just completely redid Arizona Ave from Frye to Pecos; see if it has an effect.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmm.........

Should wear a hockey version of this. Let the good luck rub off. Gonzo's arms are jacked!

4eaf1c77a646b.image.jpg

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
“Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

i see what you did there. and i agree.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Does anyone use the Cox Cable DVR service to watch Coyotes games? Does it spoil the score?

No.
One quirk though, when you turn on the box it may return to the most recent channel you viewed which was likely the same as the one you just recorded.
So when you turn on the teevee look away and hammer channel up first.

On the old Cox boxes you could pick a "turn on channel" but I don't think the new Contours do this.

Oh there is a sports app that shows scores, obviously don't use this and I think there's a place to disable notifications from it in the settings. I've never had it come up but can see how it might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad