OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What about buying NHLN ala cart? I’d buy it for the WJC and for the MemCup and for the Draft. I’d just cancel after 30 days for each of them. I think it’s roughly $25/mo for an NHL package that includes NHLN. My concern would be DVR for that. Anyone pay for standalone NHL? Can you DVR? What’s the DVR experience?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
What about buying NHLN ala cart? I’d buy it for the WJC and for the MemCup and for the Draft. I’d just cancel after 30 days for each of them. I think it’s roughly $25/mo for an NHL package that includes NHLN. My concern would be DVR for that. Anyone pay for standalone NHL? Can you DVR? What’s the DVR experience?

I subscribe to NHL.TV and watch on either my Roku, Droid phone, or laptop. Local game are blacked out. I'm not aware if they offer WJC, MemCup, or the Draft. They do show segments from the NHL Network broadcast, but don't know if they show games outside of the NHL. I did a search for "World Junior Championship" and this is what it returned. No games, only short clips talking about the WJC.

1rauc6.png

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I would say just get YTTV, I love it. In fact the only issue I have is my TV is a samsung 5 series and in order to have it running there I need to use my phone. Once I get a 7 series or higher I can run it without my phone.

I imagine there is someone out there that has a strong DVR feature that works well with YTTV. It does have this though:

How can I DVR shows, and how many can I store?

One of YouTube TV's most prominent features is its ability to save programming to its DVR library. To record a show, click its "+" button. YouTube TV will begin recording if the show is live, or save the show later if it has yet to come on.

This plus the NHLN App may due you just fine.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
From what I have been able to gather, you can't get TSN direct without being a Canadian resident, which is too bad because I would add that onto YTTV in a heartbeat. Didnt even think of that.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
i have sling blue with dvr. i believe i have 50 hours of storage space. their dvr function however, sucks. sometimes when i record games it will only record the replay, even if i choose to record all airings.

rt

May 13, 2004
Seems like if hockey fans in the US cut the chord, they lose the ability to DVR the U18s, U20s,
Top Prospects Game, and entry draft. Anyone have a different thought about that?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You can't on Youtube TV AFAIK.

Direct TV NOW (the streaming service) and Sling have it.

If he gets a Roku TV for YouTube TV, he can add the NHL app to his home screen even though YTTV doesn't have the NHL Network on its list.

I think Hulu with Live TV has NHL Network, but Hulu's DVR features and so forth are nowhere near as good as YTTV.

rt

May 13, 2004
If he gets a Roku TV for YouTube TV, he can add the NHL app to his home screen even though YTTV doesn't have the NHL Network on its list.

I think Hulu with Live TV has NHL Network, but Hulu's DVR features and so forth are nowhere near as good as YTTV.
Even then, it looks like “NHL Games” rather than NHL Network. Keep in mind, my interest in the NHL Network is not NHL games. Haha.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
"I'm pro vaccination. I'm anti-measles," Ducey told reporters.

-haha.

“I’m pro nourishment. I’m anti-starvation,” rt told reporters.

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet and Alex Jones is a buffoon.
Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad