OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Listed June 3rd, soo.

Considering there are people on this board (HF in general, not forum 40) who were tracking flight information from New York to Quebec City as an indication that the Coyotes were going to relocate, I'm surprised something about it didn't show up on BOH. Or, maybe it did, and I missed it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Considering there are people on this board (HF in general, not forum 40) who were tracking flight information from New York to Quebec City as an indication that the Coyotes were going to relocate, I'm surprised something about it didn't show up on BOH. Or, maybe it did, and I missed it.

Nope.... it’s been relatively quiet in BoH until the CEO change.

However be it known there are a couple of eyes from there always watching here.
(and it isn’t me.)

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I know I have asked this before but just want to see if opinions have changed. Getting ready to cut cable. Which services should I go with, and just need it to have FSAZ1 and 2.
Sling
Hulu (already have the basic verzion, so would be upgrading to Hulu Live)
Direct TV Live (or whatever its called, already have Direct TV)

Pros and cons? Any service superior? Any of these been inconsistent?

Thanks

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I know I have asked this before but just want to see if opinions have changed. Getting ready to cut cable. Which services should I go with, and just need it to have FSAZ1 and 2.
Sling
Hulu (already have the basic verzion, so would be upgrading to Hulu Live)
Direct TV Live (or whatever its called, already have Direct TV)

Pros and cons? Any service superior? Any of these been inconsistent?

Thanks

YouTube TV, definitely. I did a lot of pricing and reviewing of options when I transitioned from Cox Digital Cable. Hulu Live was one option but didn't offer the DVR option levels that YTTV did. YouTube TV has by far the best channel lineups I've seen. Only things I don't like about it are the fact that, after a day or two, some broadcast networks (notably CBS) require you to watch the On-Demand version of a show rather than the copy you DVRed; also, I've noticed that Turner Classic Movies will occasionally not allow you to DVR a certain movie (although you can watch it live) depending on a particular studio's streaming agreement. But I would guess that those issues happen with other services (I know for a fact Hulu has issues like that and worse with its TV product).

Also, YouTube TV is now recognized by most streaming apps (i.e. Fox Sports Go) as a cable provider so you can use those apps without interruption, although the YouTube TV app itself is pretty great on its own.

Reactions: Grimes

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think all of Hulu, YouTube, sling, Vue, direct and whatever the hell else exists have trials. Just watch your data cap (f*** you cox!)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think all of Hulu, YouTube, sling, Vue, direct and whatever the hell else exists have trials. Just watch your data cap (**** you cox!)

I saved enough money cancelling my cable and phone with Cox to upgrade to their Gigablast Internet and still save money over what I was paying before.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Another endorsement for YouTube TV, which I've had for about six months since my DirecTV contract expired. The only thing I miss is the ability to quickly toggle between two stations, as in when there are two hockey or football games on. Takes too long to get from one station to another on my Roku interface.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Another endorsement for YouTube TV, which I've had for about six months since my DirecTV contract expired. The only thing I miss is the ability to quickly toggle between two stations, as in when there are two hockey or football games on. Takes too long to get from one station to another on my Roku interface.

...BUT, if you have a phone, tablet, or laptop nearby, you can open multiple browser windows to YouTube TV and stream different channels at once! :)

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

so you get every Coyotes game?

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Dropped cable for Amazon Prime several years ago. Considering YouTube TV so I can watch some hockey again. What can I expect for NHL games. Is NHL Live $40/month? With what I pay for Netflix, Hulu and Prime I'm getting close to COX rates again and I don't even watch television. I wish there was a package where I could watch one game/day or just highlights of them all. The NHL App, which I also subscribe to, doesn't work with prime. I should've just started this all with Sling.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
how rad. I may do this. Do i have to buy an adapter for my TV? how is the connection?

What I eventually ended up doing is buying a Roku Streaming Stick (although you can get TVs with Roku built in now) and plugged it into my HDMI port. Now I can access YouTube TV, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, in addition to a couple of other specialty channels (IMSAtv, Road to Indy TV, and I think they just came out with a Coyotes Desksite channel but I'm not sure), all in one place.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Dropped cable for Amazon Prime several years ago. Considering YouTube TV so I can watch some hockey again. What can I expect for NHL games. Is NHL Live $40/month? With what I pay for Netflix, Hulu and Prime I'm getting close to COX rates again and I don't even watch television. I wish there was a package where I could watch one game/day or just highlights of them all. The NHL App, which I also subscribe to, doesn't work with prime. I should've just started this all with Sling.

Well, since YouTube TV carries FSAZ, you can watch almost all of the Coyotes' games for free, plus anything on NBCSN/NBC. I have YouTube TV, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime (as well as a Google Play/YouTube Premium subscription) and all of them combined are still over a hundred bucks/month cheaper than my Cox bundle was.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad