Arizona Coyotes Lounge XI - We Have Melted

Status
Not open for further replies.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
If it was going to be thrown away, the time would not have been taken to find it.

Right. As someone who uses contacts, those get so dirty (especially if it hits the ground at a movie theatre). Just asking for pink eye!

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Right. As someone who uses contacts, those get so dirty (especially if it hits the ground at a movie theatre). Just asking for pink eye!

It was the left lens of a $750 set of rigid gas-permeable lenses to correct my keratoconus (the official reason I got disqualified from military service when I tried to enlist), I'm not about to throw it away because it's dirty.

Being that it's made of a plastic polymer similar to the same material used in the glass at hockey arenas (older hard lenses were made out of PMMA as well, but weren't gas-permeable) instead of the silicone hydrogel that soft lenses are made of, it's easy to clean off. Theoretically I could use hypoallergenic soap and tap water, but I use a special cleaning solution to wash and saline solution to rinse so they're more comfortable to wear. Then there's a conditioning/cushioning solution I store them in and put a drop of in the concave side of the lens before insertion. The solutions are pricier than the stuff you can store soft lenses in, but the benefits of me choosing hard lenses is better vision (soft lenses don't correct my vision as well because my cornea misshapen), and that one pair of lenses can last up to 10 years.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Happy thanksgiving all! I'll be at the kid's house and am bringing a steamed and roasted turkey (Jacques Pepin recipe) and bacon-mushroom stuffing. My son in law is cooking a duck. I hate duck.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Pathetic. People act like animals going after these stupid trinkets.
Embarrassing. And, like, 4 hours after we sat down at the dinner table and professed to be grateful for the blessings life has bestowed upon us.

What's your dignity worth?

Like, if someone offered you a giant flatscreen for $50, but they got to throw dog **** at you and film it for the world to see, would you sign up for that?

If someone offered you a Playstation for your kids for free, but you had to drive around with a blackhawks and a lakers window sticker on your car for a year, would you sign up for that?

I spent about $100 online Thanksgiving morning to get some stuff that'll take a week to ship to me anyway. Checked Facebook that evening and saw about $40 worth of discounts ... I literally would have had to wait, like, 5 hours and it would have made no difference to the delivery / actual use timeline. But I don't think that way. The idea that I'm going to alter my behavior to save a couple bucks just does not cross my mind.

I like sales. Advertising them is a nice reminder, "oh, yeah, a Chipotle steak bowl for lunch sounds great!" But the idea of lining up for hours (or DAYS!) and dealing with a big crowd to save a few bucks on some stuff? FFS. Stay home, spend a few quiet minutes with your thoughts and write your girlfriend / wife / boyfriend / husband / grandma a card or a note. Write it by hand and tell them how much they mean to you. A hallmark card costs $2 and a sheet of notebook paper costs about a half a cent. And, mysteriously, those are the gifts that she'll keep forever, not just until next year when the next model comes out.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
To hell with Black Friday shopping. I worked (something similar to) retail for almost a decade and mostly just feel sorry for the employees. I'm just not gonna bother them. They've got plenty of customers to worry about without me. I'll be at the grocery store this afternoon and I bought some tape at the rink's pro shop before reffing this morning. That'll be the extent of me shopping today. I'm also currently eating lunch at the 18 Degrees at Chandler, if that counts too.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I was there at target. Wasn't bad at all. Very organized. It was my first time doing it. For larger families, it's well worth it.

Most everything gets marked up the night before, then imaginary discounts are added.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I'm at dfw airport. Any avid travelers have suggestions her? I have about 6 hours to kill.
Fly into Love Field next time. DFW is up in Grapevine / Coppell and there's nothing to do there. A cab ride to go see the Cowboys Stadium is going to run you probably $50. Sorry man.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Fly into Love Field next time. DFW is up in Grapevine / Coppell and there's nothing to do there. A cab ride to go see the Cowboys Stadium is going to run you probably $50. Sorry man.

My sister lives in frisco, and picked me up from the airport and drove me here. Can't complain about the connection.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Flight at 1130pm was cancelled. Grabbed 6am flight with American Airlines. Ugh. I got to the airport at 4:30 pm. Got drunk but that is wearing off. Nothing is open this late. Ugh.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Flight at 1130pm was cancelled. Grabbed 6am flight with American Airlines. Ugh. I got to the airport at 4:30 pm. Got drunk but that is wearing off. Nothing is open this late. Ugh.
Time to walk around aimlessly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad