Arizona Coyotes Lounge XI - We Have Melted

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yeah, end of Talking Stick Arena and a new arena on the reservation for the Suns and Yotes together with endless amounts of cash. Things are looking up!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The 2015 NHL Playoffs have been over for sometime now. There's no need for the Nashville Bandwagon avatar now.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
The 2015 NHL Playoffs have been over for sometime now. There's no need for the Nashville Bandwagon avatar now.

I like the preds. And whoever made the avatar did a good job. No reason to change it.

Last edited:

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Memphis-Grizzlies-logo-Addison-Foote-Behance.jpg

Logo mock-up found online. Remind you of anything?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Does anyone in the forum want to hit up the Ducks game on February 5th?

We won't outnumber their fans and it is on a back to back, but it could be fun.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Logo mock-up found online. Remind you of anything?
RIP Thrashers :(

Happy Veteran's Day to all who have served.
Favorite meme on Facebook yesterday was a "thank you for your service" to ICBMs, Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, the types that can carry nuclear warheads to the other side of the world with enough precision to hit a hockey rink in Moscow or a soccer field in North Korea. They've done so much to keep us safe and free for the last 60 years ...

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
RIP Thrashers :(

Favorite meme on Facebook yesterday was a "thank you for your service" to ICBMs, Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, the types that can carry nuclear warheads to the other side of the world with enough precision to hit a hockey rink in Moscow or a soccer field in North Korea. They've done so much to keep us safe and free for the last 60 years ...

I missed that one. Spent about 10 years guarding nukes of some sort in the USAF. 5 years dealing with ICBMs. Saw the Bruins at the Jets in '84 when I was stationed at Grand Forks.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
picture.php

Fun fact: the missile above is a Titan II. Biggest ICBM the US ever had. The last open / intact silo is just south of Tucson ... national landmark and a fun day trip if you've never seen it.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Saw the Bruins at the Jets in '84 when I was stationed at Grand Forks.

Hey, that's where I was born, when my dad worked for Boeing there in the mid 60s. (and that's why I arbitrarily decided to root for the Jets in HS, since there wasn't a team within 700 miles of where I grew up)

...Titan II. Biggest ICBM the US ever had. The last open / intact silo is just south of Tucson ... national landmark and a fun day trip if you've never seen it.

...concur. After 15 years living here and in part because of my dad bouncing around Minuteman sites, and in part having grown up near and worked at Kennedy Space Center in Florida, I finally visited that site. Hadn't seen so much 60s era government gray/green furniture since I left NASA. If you can handle heat, visit in summer when there's no one around; you'll get a private tour, almost.

Reactions: ck26

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Does anyone in the forum want to hit up the Ducks game on February 5th?

We won't outnumber their fans and it is on a back to back, but it could be fun.

I'd be interested. What were you thinking, like a road trip, and then a late trip back or something? Only a 5 some odd hour drive.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
picture.php

Fun fact: the missile above is a Titan II. Biggest ICBM the US ever had. The last open / intact silo is just south of Tucson ... national landmark and a fun day trip if you've never seen it.
I grew up in the middle of the largest concentration of ICBM's in the world. They were everywhere and so common that as a kid I spent a lot of time drawing missiles. haha There was a silo less than a mile away from my school. Last time I visited I had to take a pic of the sign warning people not to attempt to breach the perimeter so I could show my city friends who didn't believe that is said use of deadly force is authorized.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I grew up in the middle of the largest concentration of ICBM's in the world. They were everywhere and so common that as a kid I spent a lot of time drawing missiles. haha There was a silo less than a mile away from my school. Last time I visited I had to take a pic of the sign warning people not to attempt to breach the perimeter so I could show my city friends who didn't believe that is said use of deadly force is authorized.

When I was providing security for them, you needed 3 preconditions to exist before you were authorized to use deadly force. The individual needed to show intent, capability and opportunity to harm the resource (or person). If you just jumped the fence and were running around on the site with no apparent way to cause any harm, you'd just get arrested. The missile silos are pretty hardened so I doubt you could do more than scratch the surface. The signs do work as a deterrent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad