Arizona Coyotes Lounge XI - We Have Melted

Status
Not open for further replies.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
It's hilarious how you develop a picture in your mind on how fellow posters look and then realize how badly off you were when you see an actual picture.

Anyway...cute segment, love the doughnut idea.

Hopefully I exceeded your expectations. Haha

MP

Feb 8, 2008
We were on the news today. An east valley photographer did some photo shoots and we were on the segment. My family was feeding me donuts. Haha. It was funny.
As one with a slowly receding hairline, I must say, you have the right attitude: close-cropped, tight, lean and mean--as opposed to the "frumpy English teacher in denial" look so many balding dudes, for reasons I cannot fathom, seem to prefer.

Also, I like how the daughter you're holding seems intent on keeping the donut. "It's daddy's photo shoot, honey. Give him the donut." "But I want the donut." "You can have it after we're done. Pretend to give it to him, just for right now. Please?" "But what if he steals the donut?" "...Just take the picture..."

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
As one with a slowly receding hairline, I must say, you have the right attitude: close-cropped, tight, lean and mean--as opposed to the "frumpy English teacher in denial" look so many balding dudes, for reasons I cannot fathom, seem to prefer.

Also, I like how the daughter you're holding seems intent on keeping the donut. "It's daddy's photo shoot, honey. Give him the donut." "But I want the donut." "You can have it after we're done. Pretend to give it to him, just for right now. Please?" "But what if he steals the donut?" "...Just take the picture..."

Why fight genetics, right?! I usually shave it all every week or so.

That was the exact conversation we had prior. Haha. She was a mess in her car seat the whole way back to surprise.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Some time soon I'd like to have a daughter to give donuts to. I'm capping it at two offsprings though. The boy will be 2yo in Sept. He's set to graduate survival swim training on Friday (wore winter clothes and got chucked into the pool each day this week, so he could practice floating on his back for rest and breathe and swimming to the side). He's been in swim lessons for six weeks now. He gets a medal at the end. I'm forcing my wife to play the Star Spangled Banner on her iPhone at full blast when he gets his award. Murica!!!

rt

May 13, 2004
Nope. No, no. No. One more kid. That's it. Will get fixed during paternity leave (aka the five business days I'll take off from work to get in my wife's way)

rt

May 13, 2004
So only a year from when he needs to start skating, as they say here in Canada :) Think you'll have him play hockey?

Haha. Nah. I have no designs on what his hobbies should be. He's really into trains. So for now that's what we're about. My only fear, interests-wise, is that he gets into musicals. There is nothing I hate more than musical theatre. Other than that, I don't care if it's chess, wrestling, bmx, hockey, reading, math, art, or whatever. If I had to pick, I'd hope he becomes a sensitive, thoughtful nerd of a kid. Seems safer.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
My only fear, interests-wise, is that he gets into musicals. There is nothing I hate more than musical theatre.

:laugh: That's been my 12 year-old daughter's obsession for the past 2 years. Musical theater. Ended up buying season tickets to the Phoenix Theater last year, attending about 4 performances per year. She's begging me to fly to NYC to see Hamilton. Sigh. The things we do for our kids.

rt

May 13, 2004
:laugh: That's been my 12 year-old daughter's obsession for the past 2 years. Musical theater. Ended up buying season tickets to the Phoenix Theater last year, attending about 4 performances per year. She's begging me to fly to NYC to see Hamilton. Sigh. The things we do for our kids.

You are living my hell. Anything but that. Anything. Even if he becomes obsessed with bugs and has 11 terrariums in his bedroom, so be it.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
You are living my hell. Anything but that. Anything. Even if he becomes obsessed with bugs and has 11 terrariums in his bedroom, so be it.

Oh yeah, that's her other thing. She really wants a pet, but she's with me only half the time. I told her as long as there's no smell and don't need to do anything, fine. Result: I'm about to have a ball python in my condo. Ugh.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Oh yeah, that's her other thing. She really wants a pet, but she's with me only half the time. I told her as long as there's no smell and don't need to do anything, fine. Result: I'm about to have a ball python in my condo. Ugh.

Don't worry. Ball pythons belong to a group of snakes known to experts as "safety noodle."

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Don't worry. Ball pythons belong to a group of snakes known to experts as "safety noodle."

My brother had one for a while...
  • I remember getting a nice little bite from a Ball python.
  • Feeding them mice is always an interesting task (especially when they snag it from behind).
  • Hopefully you don't have to deal with a constipated python (yes, it can happen).
  • Creepiness ensues when your sitting on a couch and the bugger looks at you eye-to-eye while bent oddly from the floor (having escaped its aquarium).

I would probably go with a lizard before a snake, but I've never owned one. Seeing a reptile munch on crickets or mealworms would be preferable to rodents (I had pet mice and rats many years ago). Plus some of the lizards have more vegetables/fruits in their diets than snakes, if that matters any.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Hamilton is special, go see it. Small price for a great memory with your daughter.

rt

May 13, 2004
The amount of money somebody would have to pay me to get on a plane, fly all the way to New York, get to Broadway, sit through Hamilton, get back to the airport, fly home, and get home? After expenses paid? Two thousand dollars. I wouldn't do it for $1,900. I'd have to be paid two thousand, after tax, before I agreed to do it.

I'm a specia kind of close-minded home-body. I'm a rare breed. I'd rate a nice, long, satisfying fart deep into my couch cushion so far beyond bungee jumping in New Zealand. Which by the way, my price would be a lot higher for than Hamilton. I'd rather dig and 8x8x8 hole in my yard, just to fill it right back in, rather than fly to Machu Pichu and backpack up to its summit.

I'm Carl Pilkington with hair. But I'd never do what he does. I'd rather have my soul slowly sucked from me by a grey cubicle than go dog sledding for five days. The main difference between me and him is that he's gone and done it. I wouldn't. I have more resolve.

Facebook and Instagram have shamed my people long enough. I refuse to be interesting. I refuse to do things. No! No more tyranny of the involved and the adventurous! I will rise up against you all! Tomorrow....if I feel like it...but probably next week...maybe....ahhh **** it....what was I saying? Yes I'll have another Scotch. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban number two.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
The amount of money somebody would have to pay me to get on a plane, fly all the way to New York, get to Broadway, sit through Hamilton, get back to the airport, fly home, and get home? After expenses paid? Two thousand dollars. I wouldn't do it for $1,900. I'd have to be paid two thousand, after tax, before I agreed to do it.

I'm a specia kind of close-minded home-body. I'm a rare breed. I'd rate a nice, long, satisfying fart deep into my couch cushion so far beyond bungee jumping in New Zealand. Which by the way, my price would be a lot higher for than Hamilton. I'd rather dig and 8x8x8 hole in my yard, just to fill it right back in, rather than fly to Machu Pichu and backpack up to its summit.

I'm Carl Pilkington with hair. But I'd never do what he does. I'd rather have my soul slowly sucked from me by a grey cubicle than go dog sledding for five days. The main difference between me and him is that he's gone and done it. I wouldn't. I have more resolve.

Facebook and Instagram have shamed my people long enough. I refuse to be interesting. I refuse to do things. No! No more tyranny of the involved and the adventurous! I will rise up against you all! Tomorrow....if I feel like it...but probably next week...maybe....ahhh **** it....what was I saying? Yes I'll have another Scotch. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban number two.
I'm at a loss to rationalize how someone who lives this boring would eat and drink as adventurous as you do. Usually "I like staying home and watching TV" is tied pretty closely to, "I like McDonalds and Taco Bell and hitting myself in the head."

I have to take a 12-hrs-each-way flight for work his fall (N California), about two weeks before my friend gets married in Seattle. The trips are JUST far enough apart that I can't combine them into one. I fly for work, fly home, then fly back for the wedding, then fly back home. 4x 12-hr flights in about 17 calendar days. The wedding is 95% of the motivation I need, and reviewing the T-birds / Silvertips WHL schedule + sketching out a walking map of the microbreweries in Seattle more than makes up the balance.

I'm absolutely in awe of the in-depth knowledge you and hbk and Mosby have of the young hockey players out there, and I often think, "man, I wish I had the time to watch enough to really formulate meaningful opinions" but then I look over at my shelf and see my Otters and IceDogs and Knights and Jokerit and Pioneers and Remparts and Drakkar and Sun Dogs and Bruins and Oilers and Canucks and Flames and Hitmen and Rebels and Thunderbirds and Gophers and Royals and Ducks and Terriers and Wolverines and Spartans and Thrashers and Lancers and Sioux and High1 and Canadiens and Maple Leafs and Steelheads and Cotton Kings (and that's all I can see, the rest are in a box in the closet) souvenir pucks and I remember the poutine in Quebec City and the hot dish in Minneapolis and the runzas in Kearney, Nebraska and the perogis in Edmonton and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I only saw Anthony Duclair play once before this season, really had no idea what to think of him. But it was live at the Colisee Quebec with dad and we were stuffed full of Harveys Burgers and arena poutine and wine (they serve freaking wine at the Remparts game) and the whole game presentation was in French and we had no idea what was going on and now that building is shut down but I got to see it in person and I wouldn't trade that memory for anything.

Last edited:

MP

Feb 8, 2008
I'd rather dig and 8x8x8 hole in my yard, just to fill it right back in, rather than fly to Machu Pichu and backpack up to its summit.
I can understand that. I mean, you get all dirty and stuff when you go backpacking. And at the major attractions, you have to deal with other nasty-ass backpackers and their nasty-ass B.O. On the other hand, your hole might not be much to look at, but at least you can have a shower when you're done filling it in.

indczn

May 28, 2008
I'm with RT. I pretty much hate everything about the traveling; the people, the flights, not sleeping, planning, humidity, etc.. I'll stay at home and drink some scotch and have a reasonable chance of having a good nights sleep, pets notwithstanding.

edit: Interesting is overrated. Half a billion people have done those things. I can see the pics and watch the videos of said things without all the bs.

rt

May 13, 2004
CK - I'd happily go to the Pac NWest on a beer and junior hockey tour if I didn't have a toddler. That's actually up my alley. I'd also absolutely love to go to Quebec on a booze, food and hockey tour (way, way more than the Pac NWest, actually) and I believe I will one day. Lagavulin is maybe my favorite drink. I don't believe I'll every do a Scotch distillery tour, though. The whisky is really the only appealing thing to me about Scotland, I think. I'd really like to go to England and/or Ireland, and would happily just drink Scotch there. I doubt I'll ever make it to Western Europe. I'll have to live a long time and make a lot of good choices for that to happen. Maybe if I have a lot of luck and become a better person that will be a reality for me twenty years from now.

I just don't like activities is what I'm trying to say. I'll go on booze and food vacations without hesitation. I'm never going to snorkel or parasail or zip line or bungee jump or ride a motorcycle or go mountain biking or kayaking or river rafting or to a musical or any other kind of activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->