Arizona Coyotes Lounge XI - We Have Melted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
When I was providing security for them, you needed 3 preconditions to exist before you were authorized to use deadly force. The individual needed to show intent, capability and opportunity to harm the resource (or person). If you just jumped the fence and were running around on the site with no apparent way to cause any harm, you'd just get arrested. The missile silos are pretty hardened so I doubt you could do more than scratch the surface. The signs do work as a deterrent.
One of the tidbits I remember from the tour was a story about a mountain lion that took a liking to one of the silos and would regularly jump the fence and sunbathe on the large concrete slab. It would trip the motion sensors and the military police would respond, but none of them ever wanted to mess with the big cat, so they'd radio down to the underground missile crews, "your additional security is in place" and then just leave the thing alone :laugh:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Does anyone here worship unicorns? I'd like to have a discussion about unicorns but I don't want it getting deleted because it might offend followers of Pegasus, the one true horse! :sarcasm:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Does anyone here worship unicorns? I'd like to have a discussion about unicorns but I don't want it getting deleted because it might offend followers of Pegasus, the one true horse! :sarcasm:

You noob

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I worship ICBM's.

Minuteman III is our version of Zeus, but the Russians are doing big things with the SS-29, so there is a schism forming among the faithful. I'll keep forum=40 appraised if anyone gets burned at the stake for heresy.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I worship ICBM's.

Minuteman III is our version of Zeus, but the Russians are doing big things with the SS-29, so there is a schism forming among the faithful. I'll keep forum=40 appraised if anyone gets burned at the stake for heresy.

Have you played Wasteland 2?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
As a citizen of the Commonwealth I must inform you there is only one wasteland!

meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up.jpg

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Picked up a copy after work today because being single and having no kids is awesome.

Played about 30 minutes, got my whole team killed. Should probably do some reading about how to play but it looks great and has a very fun vibe. And I now understand the "Desert Rangers" avatar someone on this board was rocking a while back.

Good times.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Picked up a copy after work today because being single and having no kids is awesome.

Played about 30 minutes, got my whole team killed. Should probably do some reading about how to play but it looks great and has a very fun vibe. And I now understand the "Desert Rangers" avatar someone on this board was rocking a while back.

Good times.

The reason I mention it is because you'll eventually get to a town where they worship and old Titan ICBM'S as a god. Your post reminded me

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Charlie Sheen to announce tomorrow something about his health and this is being discussed on the entertainment board.

Report: Charlie Sheen to Announce He's HIV Positive on the Today Show

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/report-charlie-sheen-announce-hes-181650138.html

Charlie Sheen is set to make a major announcement on Tuesday’s Today show, and rumors persist that it’s related to the actor’s health.

If it is true he's HIV positive, nobody should be surprised by it if you know anything about his history. I hope, if true(hopefully not true), he didn't give it to others.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
The reason I mention it is because you'll eventually get to a town where they worship and old Titan ICBM'S as a god. Your post reminded me
Sounds like the bar and restaurant owners in Sumter, SC; Rapid City, SD; Abilene, TX; Songtan, South Korea and other, equally-depressing military towns. Glendale, Surprise, Avondale and Goodyear do a great job of benefitting from Luke AFB but not being dragged down the pit of jet engines and young men with money. Many towns don't fare so well, as the good people of Wasteland 2 can attest ...

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://www.today.com/health/charlie-sheen-reveals-hes-hiv-positive-today-show-exclusive-t56391

Sheen said he made the announcement to end a smear campaign and extortion efforts.

"I have to put a stop to this onslaught, this barrage of attacks and of sub-truths and very harmful and mercurial stories that are about me, threatening the health of so many others that couldn't be further from the truth," he said.

READ: Charlie Sheen pens an open letter about his HIV-positive diagnosis

Sheen said he's trusted the diagnosis with people he thought he could confide in, but has paid out upwards of $10 million to keep the illness a secret.

"What people forget is that that's money they're taking from my children," he said about the "shakedowns" he has experienced. "I trusted them and they were deep in my inner circle, and I thought they could be helpful. My trust turned to their treason."

He said appearing on TODAY will help put a stop to those payouts.

"That's my goal. That's not my only goal. I think I release myself from this prison today," he said.

Hopefully of the women he has been with get tested.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
1. Did the Coyotes raise ticket prices this year? I'm looking at the pre-sale options just released and upper bowl tickets are over $70 for some game. Even on week nights. Das ist crazy.

2. Jurassic World isn't very good. I tend not to nit pick at films but I couldn't stop with this one. Oh well. Glad I waited for Netflix instead of shelling out real cash money at the theater.

3. Counting down to Turkey Day. Let the fast begin. Come Thursday I'll be at Mining Camping looking to gain a few pounds.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
2. Jurassic World isn't very good. I tend not to nit pick at films but I couldn't stop with this one. Oh well. Glad I waited for Netflix instead of shelling out real cash money at the theater.

Is this based off someone else's evaluation of the movie? I don't believe it's out at Netflix yet.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
1. Did the Coyotes raise ticket prices this year? I'm looking at the pre-sale options just released and upper bowl tickets are over $70 for some game. Even on week nights. Das ist crazy.

As far as I know the only Coyotes upper bowl tickets that are $70+ are against the Red Wings and two Blackhawks games. The demand is so high for these two teams that the Yotes can charge higher prices and get it. Before the Coyotes were being stupid selling the tickets too cheap. The re-sellers were buying them from the Yotes for cheap and then relisting them for $100/seat. It was costing the Yotes hundreds of thousands in revenue per game. Yotes are just cutting out the middle man.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

They might have edged in some increases on the fringes but overall it's mostly the same as last season. My 13 game plan ended up $100 cheaper than last years.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
It's out on dvd and Blu Ray now. Does Netflix not get dvds when movies are normally released?

Netflix is always last. Maybe he meant redbox. Either way, I really liked the movie. We went to opening night with 3 other couples. It was awesome!

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
As far as I know the only Coyotes upper bowl tickets that are $70+ are against the Red Wings and two Blackhawks games. The demand is so high for these two teams that the Yotes can charge higher prices and get it. Before the Coyotes were being stupid selling the tickets too cheap. The re-sellers were buying them from the Yotes for cheap and then relisting them for $100/seat. It was costing the Yotes hundreds of thousands in revenue per game. Yotes are just cutting out the middle man.

Makes sense. At the current time, however, there's plenty of tickets on StubHub in the upper bowl for cheaper than face. Snagged two upper bowl tickets for the Wings game for $115.57.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Saw Mockingjay part 2 yesterday. There was a certain point in the film where I cried so much my contact lens fell out (some of you might instantly know what I'm talking about if you know me :P). Upon trying to reinsert it I dropped it on the floor in the dark cinema.

Had to ask my friend to ask an usher for a flashlight so we could look for it after the film. Luckily we found it. Whoops! :laugh:

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Saw Mockingjay part 2 yesterday. There was a certain point in the film where I cried so much my contact lens fell out (some of you might instantly know what I'm talking about if you know me :P). Upon trying to reinsert it I dropped it on the floor in the dark cinema.

Had to ask my friend to ask an usher for a flashlight so we could look for it after the film. Luckily we found it. Whoops! :laugh:

You threw it away, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad