GDT: Arizona Coyotes @ Florida Panthers - 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Jameson Cooper Olive @JamesonCoop
Aleksander Barkov was absent for the majority of tonight's third period. Gallant says it's lower-body and he's day-to-day. Know more 2moro.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Lou was obviously the 1st star and it was great that Upshall got redemption and was able to finally finish a breakaway. Pirri was all over the place. His anticipation and shot is high end and I strongly disagree with anyone who wants to make him a wing. Being a great offensive center is all about timing and anticipation and Pirri has that magic. You watch Bjugstad and there is none of that. Without the puck his game is to just try and bull rush to the net aimlessly. Barkov is so concerned about D he looks like a checking center which is the role Gallant seems to have him now.

Its clear we have an excellent D and our goaltending is top notch but we have to move guys around in this lineup and get these lines right because scoring 2-1 is just not enough but in addition to that I don't particular enjoy our last years 2nd pick of the draft being developed as a checking center and Bjugstad playing inconsistently and Huby to me looking very very average and I am being kind with that statement.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
What a good night for the boys. Upshall came in clutch there, I've got to hand it to him. And this is coming from someone who was really critical of him not too long ago. I was really happy with the amount of penalties in this game. Hopefully only giving up two, three, or four penalties a night will become the norm, instead of the six, seven, or eight that they've usually given up so far this season.

As always, Lu continues to make me happy. He is so consistently rock solid compared to Thomas/Markstrom. I agree with the sentiment already shared here, that that Luongo trade was the best this franchise has ever seen. Everyone on the Canuck's board despises Matthias (some have called him their worst player), and Markstrom just adds to the goalie circus going on in Vancouver. No way in hell we'd be where we are right now with Thomas/Markstrom. Thank you Tallon for bringing back my favorite Panther player.

Finally, the attendance is a bit annoying to see, but winning sells. I've said it before, we just need ONE playoff series to get our numbers back up again. I hope this is that year.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Jameson Cooper Olive @JamesonCoop
Aleksander Barkov was absent for the majority of tonight's third period. Gallant says it's lower-body and he's day-to-day. Know more 2moro.

Worried this will turn into days, weeks, months, surgery, next season....

If it's his knee, that is.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Worried this will turn into days, weeks, months, surgery, next season....

If it's his knee, that is.

That's what I was worried about going into the season for him. It's tough to deal with leg injuries in the NHL. I think he'll be okay but I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Last edited:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
That's what I was worried about going into the season for him. It's tough to deal with leg injuries in the NHL. I think he'll be okay but I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow.

I cringe every time he's checked, tripped up, or in a board battle because I'm worried his knee is like glass.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Roberto luongo.

God we need to get this guy a 40 goal scorer.

There's no telling how far he will take us when we make the playoffs.

He should win a Stanley cup. And he should do it in a panther sweater.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Barkov appeared to be skating fine at the beginning of the third, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary if I remember correctly.

Skated through the neutral zone without any issues around 4 minutes into the 3rd.

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
If you guys have GameCenter, you should go back and watch the Arizona feed of the Pirri/Guddy scrum.

I think the ref's name is Wes McCauley, but he's yelling at Guddy saying, "That's a *** good hit. That's a great hit."

Guddy comes back with something like, "I don't give a flying F if that's my teammate, get out of here."

The ref then says, "You want a penalty?... F you!"

What an idiot that ref is.

-ghoste

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Upshall what a goal that stupid penalty taking idiot! That goal got me so pumped, well done Scottie!

We played another solid game. Our defense was once again the difference in the hockey game. I know some of you are giving credit to Luongo (and he has been really great) but our defense is honestly incredible right now. I've never seen the Panthers EVER play defense this way in my entire life. Denis Potvin alluded to it after the game. We don't allow second shots. Luongo is a top-10 goaltender in the NHL and he's almost always going to stop the first shot. The best pass in hockey is a rebound and we are simply eliminating them. Teams do not get a chance at a second look with Luongo.

Sticks are in lanes, guys are wide in the d-zone. Everyone has both arms sticking out and their stick waving back and forth. We move as a unit in our zone as opposed to individuals running around like chickens with their heads cut off. It's really something special to watch. Luongo made some awesome saves tonight but he wasn't really ever hung out to dry. A big chunk of the shots he faced tonight were weak wristers from 20 feet out which is easy pickin' for Bobby Lou.

The offense is still obviously an issue. It's almost comical that our defense is so strong but we simply cannot put the puck in the net. I am starting to feel a little bit more optimistic about it though. We are hitting around 3-4 posts a game. Those will eventually start going in. Our shooting percentage won't sit at 6% all season. I even think Flash is going to turn it around. He's playing much better lately and once he scores a couple, he could finally return to form. He, Jokinen and Pirri are clearly forming some chemistry. Pirri is a stud btw, that kid shoots from everywhere and has such a goal scoring mentality. How the hell did Chicago not give this kid more time?!?!

Hopefully the offense can step up against Philly because they can really score goals and even with the way the defense is playing I don't think another 2 goals will win us the game on Saturday.

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
Little off topic but this Pirri-guy is a beast! How long is his contract? I would offer at least 5 years extension :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad