GDT: Arizona Coyotes @ Florida Panthers - 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
So pirri got a concussion on a hit to the head that was VERY unnecessary after he had shot the puck AND all we got was a powerplay?

Panthers607

Howden seems to be banged up.

Dan Weiss ‏@DanWeissPBP 40 min
Rampage updates: Ellis will start tonight. McFarland looks to be a game time decision. Howden still skating in a non-contact jersey.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
He did get a 4min penalty which became a 2minute because of Gudbrandon stepping up for pirri

Are we thinking the same play? Yandle's cheapshot on Pirri's partial break? Guds and one of them got 5 for fighting and 2 offsetting minors. Was 5 on 5 until Upshall went for a soft call a couple mins later.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
My thoughts:

Pirri is a stud. Shame he is injured. Hope Yandel gets a suspension for that hit, but I doubt it. Pirri and Jokinen have good chemistry. Jokinen has 4 points in 8 games now.

Lou and the defense have been great.
MacKenzie is basically the ideal 4th line player. Those two blocked shots on the PK led to Upshalls goal.
We took less stupid penalties, but still a couple too many.
Kopecky has been great.
Sad to see the low attendance, but at least they got loud. It was quite impressive actually.

Overall a good game, and we deserved the win.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Are we thinking the same play? Yandle's cheapshot on Pirri's partial break? Guds and one of them got 5 for fighting and 2 offsetting minors. Was 5 on 5 until Upshall went for a soft call a couple mins later.

Yea same play. Guess I understood the it wrong then. My bad. But not getting anything makes it even worse. I understand if one of the refs didnt see it but im 99.99% sure the others saw it.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Gotta assume Trocheck is the first call. If they call up 2, maybe Rocco since Howden is injured?

Could be or someone like Butler. Hayes should draw in for Bergy, Tro for Barkov.. That leaves a question who will fill the missing C.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Barkov and Pirri both looked fine in the 3rd so it can't be too bad for either of them. Didn't notice anything about Bergy...

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This was a great game to attend. Yes, there were only about 7,700 in the stands, but what I do love about the ownership's reasoning for no freebies is working at least with the atmosphere. It feels like every fan in in the building is a diehard. It was loud as freaking hell during the non-call on Yandle, the call on Upshall, and then his goal out of the penalty box. It felt like the energy from the 2012 playoffs returned. If more people would just pay attention to this team and realize they're not horrible and are on their way up, it would be so damn awesome.

I'm livid now knowing that Pirri has a concussion that there was still no call on Yandle. The officiating has gotten absolutely ridiculous. Nevertheless, with three Centers possibly out for tomorrow's game, I'd expect Trocheck called up. Possibly Shore, even though that could be a gamble with him only having four games left before his waiver exemption is lost. Maybe Rocco too.

If the Panthers could just generate more offense and not just a goal or two per game, I think that could do wonders for the rest of the season. It's amazing that we're over .500 being within one goal of every game except for the Devils game. The defense looks solid and Luongo has been stellar. He's not going to be on in every game, so we'll need more offense to bail him out. It's the few that are non-existent in most games so far that need to step up.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
bergenheim is also day to day

George Richards @GeorgeRichards · 2h 2 hours ago
#FlaPanthers also missing Sean Bergenheim and Aleksander Barkov (both lower body) from practice. All four 'day to day' #Flyers

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I know I'm late on this but Bure, :cry:, man I miss him.

Aaaand note the crowd. I guess we do have fans. :sarcasm:
Give them something to show up for and there you go.

Did Bure even touch the neutral zone? I mean spectacular. The look on Quinn's face was like, "Ok..". I think Bure popped in 3 or 4 that night if I remember correctly. Man I miss him. Nothing even close since the rocket.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
So pirri got a concussion on a hit to the head that was VERY unnecessary after he had shot the puck AND all we got was a powerplay?

I am so angry. What a piece of **** Yandle. The funny part is that Yotes fans were calling us out for complaining about the Yandle hit on Pirri. Now Pirri has a f***ing concussion. What more evidence do you need? It was a hit targeting the head, clear as day, the exact hit they're trying to keep out of the game. Now our leading scorer is gone for who knows how long because of one boneheaded decision that will go unpunished probably. Yandle could've just bodied him. Pirri was on the perimeter already. F***ing gutless.

Barkov, Bergenheim and Bolland got hurt on hockey plays. Pirri, hit in the head.

Here we go again with Panther injuries. I don't think we have the depth to even sustain our already anemic offense.

Another thing. Next time we get those refs again, I hope Gudbranson absolutely WIRES one at the guy's f***ing mellon. Then, we'll see if he plays favorites again. Show us some ****ing respect.

Last edited:

CoolburnIsGone

Could be or someone like Butler. Hayes should draw in for Bergy, Tro for Barkov.. That leaves a question who will fill the missing C.
Kopecky has played C in the past (including for us). Also Jokinen has played some C in his career in a pinch so I dont think anyone should be focusing on that C coming from San Antonio. Butler deserves the callup with how he's played so far (9 pts in 8 games) and could be Brett Olson instead of Trocheck as well (though by most reports Trocheck deserves the call up too).

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Yea same play. Guess I understood the it wrong then. My bad. But not getting anything makes it even worse. I understand if one of the refs didnt see it but im 99.99% sure the others saw it.

The ref didn't miss it, he said; 'That's a great f ucking hit!' and then '**** you!' after Gudbranson said he didn't f ucking care.

Anod

Aug 12, 2007
Toronto, ON
Gonna guess Shore and Butler, and they want Vincent to get the most ice-time in the A.

Idealy, I think it will be bjugs getting first line C, trocheck with second line C, and Shore for 3rd line C. Keep the fourth as is because they have been great 4th line energy.
Although the only problem with Shore is that he would have to pass waivers if sent back down. And I recall Dale Tallon saying he would not do that, the next time he is up, he's up for good.
So if no Shore, then it could be Butler instead with Kopecky moving to C.
Really stinks losing Pirri and Barkov, but that's the game and we'll see how this team reacts. I do have much more confidence in Gallants "system" with respect to replacing injured players. Also thankful our D or goaltending didn't get hit, since that has been our strength, and I don't believe we have much, if any depth, at those positions.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Shore would get picked up on waivers, 100%. No chance he comes up unless it's a permanent thing and that probably wont be unless we suffer a rash of long term injuries or after the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad