Confirmed Buy-Out [ARI] Michael Grabner bought out by the Coyotes

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I'd welcome him back on Long Island. Add him to the PK stable, try him next to Barzal since he's got the wheels to keep up.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'd welcome him back on Long Island. Add him to the PK stable, try him next to Barzal since he's got the wheels to keep up.
I think if you're planning on putting Barzal with Grabner, then you're already planning on taking a step back next season.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He scores goals, but he's not an offensive player. You play him in the bottom six and let him create havoc and generate a counter attack. He's excellent at that one thing.
Playing with a playmaker won't really help him, imo. That isn't really his game. Not a conventional sniper, not a playmaker, not great at cycling the puck.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I think if you're planning on putting Barzal with Grabner, then you're already planning on taking a step back next season.
Don't know what you've got til you try. Some players click. Some don't. I'd give him a few shifts to try.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
He scores goals, but he's not an offensive player. You play him in the bottom six and let him create havoc and generate a counter attack. He's excellent at that one thing.
Playing with a playmaker won't really help him, imo. That isn't really his game. Not a conventional sniper, not a playmaker, not great at cycling the puck.
We already had him on the Isles. Speed without hands is useless.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002

But he's got speed and that can open ice and help enter the zone, which has been a struggle. Like I said, I'd pick him up for the PK, but see what else you might get from him. I remember him well from his days as an Islander.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
I would absolutely love him back on the Rangers. He crushed it with us in the first stint, nearly a 30 goal scorer both seasons and an extremely solid PK player.
He would do better with Flyers or Rangers get Devils version of Grabner and I want no part of that. Rangers only like Dman with eye injuries like Staal or Berard

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
The problem is that anytime there's a 50-50 puck, he's only gets it 10-20% of the time. And if you're not scoring, the coaches, teammates, and fans aren't going to appreciate that you're not willing to battle, or can't seem to win any. BUT, he still can be effective as PKer for sure. He'll probably create 7-10 goals by himself. And maybe another 5-10 if he plays in best suited system. He scored quite a few for the Rangers with help from Miller or Hayes or Zuccarello, all good passers. I don't think playing with Richardson helped him excpet on PK. I would have expected Hinostroza and him to have connected for some goals. Didn't seem to happen. But the Coyotes didn't play good hockey. Any effectiveness requires that he still has the wheels. If the wheels are gone, it's over.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The problem is that anytime there's a 50-50 puck, he's only gets it 10-20% of the time. And if you're not scoring, the fans aren't going to appreciate that you're not willing to battle. BUT, he still can be effective as PKer for sure. He'll probably create 7-10 goals by himself. And maybe another 5-10 if he plays in best suited system. He scored quite a few for the Rangers with help from Miller or Hayes or Zuccarello, all good passers. I don't think playing with Richardson helped him excpet on PK. I would have expected Hinostroza and him to have connected for some goals. Didn't seem to happen. But the Coyotes didn't play good hockey. Any effectiveness requires that he still has the wheels. If the wheels are gone, it's over.

He would be an incredibly effective forward on a team that has a strong top 9 and uses their 4th line as a utility player dungeon. The Coyotes aren't that team. Grabner's AAV has been a prohibitive luxury for that role for most teams up until now. Now he can sign for dirt cheap and really boost a team.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad