Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Dmitrij Jaskin signs with the Coyotes (1 year, $3.2M)

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Bill Armstrong proved himself to be a decent talent evaluator with the rather limited resources that he had this year. I would trust his evaluation here. Locking up Bunting, a Group VI UFA, is probably the next thing on their bucket list.
Plus, BA was on the Blues’ scouting team when Jaskin was drafted.

I’ve watched Jaskin play many times across three seasons with the Chicago Wolves.

I was a huge advocate of him back then because he was such a bull with the puck. A man among boys.

Very strong and can score, but they’ll likely be bumrush goals and chippy net-front stuff.

Skating is just ok and his hands need some softening. Maybe his hands have softened a bit in the KHL. He has a difficult time receiving hard passes.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
He must really feel the urge to play in the NHL if this is true because 1.6 per is brutally less than what he may get in Russia. Also hard to believe he can sign this and therefore automatically become 4th liner again... But who knows - great move for Coyotes if true.
An idea that KHL throws around millions is very outdated. Jaskin's salary in the KHL was reported as around $1.3M.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Jaskin has skill…he just lacks the time and space to do anything effective with it in the NHL. Consistently a half-second too slow…but the man can cycle along the boards at an all-world level.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Always seemed like a good guy when he was on the blues. Doesn’t float but is pretty slow. Hope he can be a solid 4th liner again in the NHL and chip in some points

I agree, he always gave his best effort and is not a liability in any way. There were flashes of more offense, so it will be interesting to see if he has developed into more of a middle six guy rather than a bottom six guy. Happy to see him back in the league and hope he tears it up in Arizona, where he should get more ice time than he ever had with the Blues/Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad