Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Dmitrij Jaskin signs with the Coyotes (1 year, $3.2M)

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Nice KHL stats, going to be interesting to see if he can produce in the NHL now.
Good solid player with snarl. Hopefully he fine tuned his offense a bit over in Russia. If not still a solid 4th line banger.

now trade us Dvorak and Crouse please?

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I wonder if his skating ability has improved while playing in Russia, if he's significantly faster he could be good. Hard to believe he was a point per game player for 2 seasons in the KHL. Hope it works out for him in Arizona.

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs
He must really feel the urge to play in the NHL if this is true because 1.6 per is brutally less than what he may get in Russia. Also hard to believe he can sign this and therefore automatically become 4th liner again... But who knows - great move for Coyotes if true.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I was always a Jaskin fan. He never scored all that much, but he was great defensively and worked well in the top 6 (vis a vis GF% and possession). People just wanted him to put the puck in the net more, but that's not the only way players can contribute.

Anyway, I hope he does well in Arizona.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
guy averaged like 3goals/year the last 3 years he was in the NHL. as seen in the KHL, his game is more offensive minded, and doesn't have the game to be a 4th liner in the NHL.
tweener... nothing to see here

He was always solid defensively in the nhl, so this isnt really that true

the main issue would be his skating

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He must really feel the urge to play in the NHL if this is true because 1.6 per is brutally less than what he may get in Russia. Also hard to believe he can sign this and therefore automatically become 4th liner again... But who knows - great move for Coyotes if true.
Maybe it is 3.2 on a 1yr? I don't know what to think. It seems like it should be some number in the middle, there?

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I was always a Jaskin fan. He never scored all that much, but he was great defensively and worked well in the top 6 (vis a vis GF% and possession). People just wanted him to put the puck in the net more, but that's not the only way players can contribute.

Anyway, I hope he does well in Arizona.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I mean, it's a one year deal so no biggie but what exactly has Jaskin done to earn $3.2M per year salary?

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
He was already a 2-2.5 million dollar player before he left when the cap was like 70 million. Even if he didn't improve its a fair ish deal, and it looks like he improved significantly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad