Are you sick of the Blackhawks?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If opponents can't beat the Hawks on the ice, opponents try to do it off the ice. Anything to hold onto hope. Over the years, the Hawks have lost important pieces. But they still come back and contend because the core is still intact. Now that Panarin is part of the new core, opposing fans are praying he leaves ... which is the farthest from the truth. Since when does Bowman rid of a core player once identified? Saad? I don't think he was ever considered an integral part of the core ... at least not enough to trade the players higher up in the food chain.

Will the Hawks lose some pieces going forward. Sure ... but not the players wished by opposing fans. For the time being, the Hawks' championship window is still wide open. It will end ... but not any time soon.

Some advice: Don't come to a village with a blowtorch when it's made of concrete and steel.

The Toews is the new Scott Gomez OR Crawford is Niemi v2.0 are far better threads. At least it's interesting.

:yo:

i am being really honest here...... best comment i have seen ....

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
If you think it's bad with the Hawks now wait until Pittsburgh takes back to back cups.

I think I might just go and off myself when it happens.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
For the love of God yes I am beyond sick of the Hawks. Every time there's a game on NBCSN it's Chicago vs some other team. I have long maintained that a fan in Florida could legitimately become a Hawks fan and see at least 1/3 of the games.

For once I'd like to see something else like Nashville vs St. Louis. Ottawa vs Buffalo. LA vs Vancouver. I mean there's 29 other teams and we will be lucky to see anyone but Hawks vs division rival.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
If opponents can't beat the Hawks on the ice, opponents try to do it off the ice. Anything to hold onto hope. Over the years, the Hawks have lost important pieces. But they still come back and contend because the core is still intact. Now that Panarin is part of the new core, opposing fans are praying he leaves ... which is the farthest from the truth. Since when does Bowman rid of a core player once identified? Saad? I don't think he was ever considered an integral part of the core ... at least not enough to trade the players higher up in the food chain.

Will the Hawks lose some pieces going forward. Sure ... but not the players wished by opposing fans. For the time being, the Hawks' championship window is still wide open. It will end ... but not any time soon.

Some advice: Don't come to a village with a blowtorch when it's made of concrete and steel.

The Toews is the new Scott Gomez OR Crawford is Niemi v2.0 are far better threads. At least it's interesting.

Well this Panarin stuff is still small potatoes. I remember back in 2009-2010 season, after Hawks signed Hossa, there were posts stating that Hawks were clearly going to lose Toews/Kane/Keith. After 2010 post cup cap purge(Versteeg, Ladd, Buff) and the Hjalmarsson offer-sheet, the common sentiment was Hawks were done as a contender. Some Red-Wings fans even made up the word "capstration" to refer to Hawks' cap woes.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
As an Avs fan, yeah I'm kind of tired of them. Not only do we get to lose to them, but we get to see them in every conceivable outdoor game, every Wednesday night rivalry game on NBC, and then hear the media gush over them non-stop. You'd think with 2 $10 million dollar contracts, they were bound to regress eventually but they keep getting up and coming talent like its nothing in addition to FAs who are fine with signing on the cheap to have a chance at the cup.

That being said, I'm clearly a tad salty. They are a phenomenal team with unreal players and management has played a huge roll in keeping them competitive every years. Mad props.

Go Cubs!

That I get. Even Hawk fans are sick and tired of being in every conceivable outdoor game. But the problem is that the Blackhawks sell in the American market. It's really 3 teams (CHI, NYR, Boston). You might have LA, PHI, WASH, PITT, DET, and SJ garnering some interest ... but not even close to the big American market original six teams. A CHI-Boston Stanley Cup was big ... but I guarantee every NBC exec is on their knees praying for a CHI-NYR Cup Finals this year ... especially with the NFL "struggling" this year.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
That I get. Even Hawk fans are sick and tired of being in every conceivable outdoor game. But the problem is that the Blackhawks sell in the American market. It's really 3 teams (CHI, NYR, Boston). You might have LA, PHI, WASH, PITT, DET, and SJ garnering some interest ... but not even close to the big American market original six teams. A CHI-Boston Stanley Cup was big ... but I guarantee every NBC exec is on their knees praying for a CHI-NYR Cup Finals this year ... especially with the NFL "struggling" this year.

No they're definitely hoping for the CHI-PIT matchup, that would easily skyrocket the ratings like no other, the amount of storylines would be absurd.

Pittsburgh going for back-to-back cups against the most successful team of the 2010's with potential to take that title away from them. Crosby vs Toews and the media frenzy behind that, and all of the other insanity going along with it.

Between the storylines, the superstars, and the two stories of those franchises, no other match-up would even come close.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I literally don't care anymore. I'm at the point of overexposure. Like "oh blackhawks right moving on"

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I just sick of watching them play outside every. single. year.

Seconded.

I'm not sick of the Blackhawks.

I am sick of them being in the way of other teams playing outdoors. I am sick of their "new" outdoor jerseys that come out each year and are starting to be a parody of themselves with how similar and uninspired they are.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Seconded.

I'm not sick of the Blackhawks.

I am sick of them being in the way of other teams playing outdoors. I am sick of their "new" outdoor jerseys that come out each year and are starting to be a parody of themselves with how similar and uninspired they are.

Every single Hawks fan agrees with you on this entire post. We're sick of it too.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Not sick of the Blackhawks for as long as they entertaining to watch and that continues to be the truth. As much as every team deserves some level of exposure, it behooves the league to put the best teams they can on TV (not saying that's what they do).

What I am sick of, as of others have said, is that they play outside virtually every year. It's enough already. I understand a Blues/Blackhawks outdoor game makes sense in terms of rivalry, but there are tons of teams that haven't had the opportunity to do it.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
:yo:

i am being really honest here...... best comment i have seen ....
That was excellent. This was good too... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad