Are you sick of the Blackhawks?

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
This is not meant to attack a fan base or a team. This is merely a thread to see if people agree with the article I'm posting below. As a Hawks fan, I've never really thought about it from an outsiders point of view, but I can definitely relate to it in the sense that the Detroit Red Wings dominance carried this way. One thing I can say though is that the Hawks aren't nearly as good as 2015 or prior this season so fans of teams contending have nothing to worry about sans some big blockbuster trade. But I'm really curious to know how many non-Hawks fans feel this way. For the record, I'm not sure why this article was written (I really hope it wasn't over a 6 game win streak which happens all the time in the NHL).

Weren't we done with the Chicago Blackhawks? Weren't we all set? Wasn't last year the beginning of the end, like a television show that gave us six solid seasons we enjoyed and now it was time to move on to something new? Like, literally anything else besides this same team? Didn't we have an unspoken agreement that in exchange for giving Patrick Kane the Hart Trophy last year we could stop thinking about this team as a contender?

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/seriously-weve-had-enough-of-the-blackhawks

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 3, 2012
stop winning cups will be fine

but I'm more sick of the canucks management

fix our dumpster fire you clowns

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
No, at least they play solid, entertaining hockey.

The Kings are another story.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Is that the same Vice that does the garbage documentaries because it belongs in the same dumpster.

Hawks are fine, not as thrilling as they once were but I still enjoy watching them in the playoffs. I like when good teams are around to make sure no one gets an easy ride to the cup.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Kind of bored of them being pushed down our throats.

Toews is a top 3 centre, Kane is the best in the league, Keith deserves the Norris every year, Crawford is an amazing goalie, Panarin is wonder boy superstar, and now Anisimov 'best russian'.

I respect all of them as great players. I just don't care, and I'm bored of it. Let's move on, please.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
no.
as a canuck fan im sick that we've descended into crap and our once great rivalry is nothing now (still think that 2011 1st round was one of the greatest ive ever seen)

but i long ago lost the hatred for the hawks, have just the respect they deserve ...and when a random game is on, its far more likely to be enjoyable if the hawks are playing. They play it the right way, as does Pittsburgh, i always thought. Up tempo and exciting, not goonish or smothering. Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook will go down as one of the greatest 5-somes ever.

i have a share of season tix for the rangers, and when we draft them out, the hawks always rightfully go high.

but i still find a way to hate them when the nux are playing, lol

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
No. Kane might be the most entertaining player in the game and I love watching Keith rush the puck up the ice. Buff was awesome when he was on the team too. Plus their humiliation(s) of Vaughncouver will always earn them brownie points in my book.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the problem here is, the hawks has some sort of magnetism that when they are on, many will like to follow.

the other part is the success. this success is a generational kind of success, the kind that as hockey fans will learned to hate that team. especially if that is not your team.

for me, it was the Can of the late 60's, esp when the hawks played and lost to them, then came, Bos, NYI, Edm and i will not forget Det, as much as i would like to. :) a sample of division rivalry.

now for me, with this current core, i am wanting to see how Stan can make those changes that the salary cap forces the team to make, to continue this ongoing success.

Go Hawks !!! :yo:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Am I sick of them? No. I am sick of them being on NBC though. I understand the reasons behind it, it just would be nice to have a little more variety. Like say, Crosby vs. McDavid.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
just no more outdoor games....i get it....they bring in great ratings so blackhawks get a ton of national broadcasts but no more blackhawks and while we're on it...no more ****ing penguins in the outdoor games....just stop it. Please.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Am I sick of them? No. I am sick of them being on NBC though. I understand the reasons behind it, it just would be nice to have a little more variety. Like say, Crosby vs. McDavid.

for real hockey fans, that kind of a matchup would be great to see. however, the media is trying to expand their fan-ship for those who are not die hard fans.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Eh whatever

Kane is fun to watch. Same with Panarin

Keith is a dirty player but he's entertaining when he isn't acting like a clown

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Nope, not at all. I enjoyed our rivalry with the Hawks from 2012-2014. They were and continue to be an amazing team. Credit to their scouting staff for finding gems at low cost.

Also, with the Pens winning the cup last year and the love fest with Crosby and the new young stars (McDavid & Matthews), I think the media attention on the Hawks has really died down. Now all you hear is Crosby this, McDavid that etc.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
A great deal of fans actually enjoy seeing dynasties and much prefer it to an arbitrary lottery game where a new team is top dog each year, and their victory is less impressive as a result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad