Are you sick of the Blackhawks?

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Hell no. They have been a pretty great time (but have taken a step back recently) bit they are still awesome to watch.

If they are playing the pens in the finals, the hawks can kiss my are. But if they are playing a number of teams from the easT, I'll pull for them.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
at the moment, they're sitting at #2 in the league standings and currently rolling a 7 game win streak. why wouldn't they be considered a top 3 team? people want to complain about their depth, but they are still winning and that's what matters.

Because opinions and the season just started.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
i said that I'm just sick of them playing the outdoor games (I'm just sick of outdoor games in general), but they really are a fun team to watch so I can't really say I'm sick of them. They're a lot more fun to watch than the Kings

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
I'm fine with them still being a top team but I absolutely do not want to see them win it all again.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
It can get annoying that they are always in the media spotlight, but that's because they are a really good team and you can't blame them for that.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Nah. If they actually won every year I would get tired of it eventually. That is not the case. In fact I don't think they are even a top 3 team at the moment.

:laugh:

I'm sorry, it may come off homerish, but you're crazy to think they're not a top 3 team in the NHL, and it's pretty damn obvious with the way you post in EVERY SINGLE Hawks thread, that you just despise the organization...
Who are the top 3 teams, in your opinion, then?

They're 1OA in the West, and 2OA in the NHL, as of right now. They have an influx of talented rookies and younger players that are coming in to take the reigns from the original franchise resurrection core, in Schmaltz, Panarin, Motte, Forsling, Kempny, Hartman, DeBrincat, etc. They have numerous shoe-ins for the HHOF that are still in/around their prime, including a somehow refreshed/resurrected Hossa, that looks 30 years old again...

I don't mean to be an ass about it, but expect the Hawks to remain a contender out of the West for probably the next 5-7 years, yet. Just grab some :popcorn: and enjoy watching some fun hockey, because there's few teams in the NHL that are as exciting to watch on a daily basis, as evidenced by the responses in this thread, overall.

As for the OP... as others have said, he's the farthest thing from a Hawks fan. :laugh::laugh:

Am I sick of watching the Hawks win? Not at all. Won't ever get sick of that. Fun to watch. Talented. And my hometown team that I grew up idolizing the players like Roenick, Daze, Larmer, Goulet, Chelios, Graham, Savard, Murray etc. etc. as I came up through youth hockey.

As all other Hawks fans in this thread have stated, I'm absolutely fed up with outdoor games every single year. The Hawks never win them, the jerseys always suck(please bring back a black one if we're ever in another outdoor game, please)although I do own a white one with the red tomahawks on the arms. I think it was the one from the WC against Washington, which I liked a bit, and got as a gift. But the luster of having one has worn off completely. They're even running out of venues in Chicago to have them at, though... which is saying something NHL. Please STOP giving them to the Hawks...

And again, to the OP... if you think this Hawks team is not even close to as good as any of the teams prior to 2015, then you're pretty crazy too. Wait till the handful of rookies have more than 15 games under their belt. Teams playing the Hawks are just now starting to see everyone on the Hawks roster start to build chemistry and gel together well. Lines have solidified themselves. Everyone is settling in nicely.

I'm expecting another lengthy post-season run from my Hawks! :yo:

Edit: Disclaimer, yes this was a seriously homerish post, but I don't care. :laugh:

Last edited:

EddieOs HairPluggs

Nov 11, 2015
Yes, us Blackhawks are lucky enough to play every midwest matchup. But we are a great national TV draw. We have stars..... sorry but some teams brand of hockey is not that fun to watch.

How can you not enjoy Kane...

4255d95885934a8564d9d65d05bb9f51.jpg

STC

Oct 29, 2012
He's a comedic editorialist and the article is excellent.

:laugh::laugh: You're the biggest stick in the mud on the Hawks board. You wouldn't know comedy even if Richard Pryor and Anthony Jeselnick were your gay adoptive parents.

Here's a clue, its not comedy when the guy basically accuses Kane of being a rapist. I don't find the humor in that at all.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The NHL just doesn't have ANY parity in it's broadcasting. The National Blackhawks/Bruins Channel (NBC) is an utterly ridiculous way of showing off your league. Nobody has the NHL-N so that's not even in the discussion.

I have no issue with the Hawks organization - I just have issue with the league not extending an olive branch to it's smaller markets (they're going to need to with Vegas). While I understand that it's basically up to the NBC to decide which games it will snag up, there could have easily been an agreement in the terms. At least the bright side of this is that you don't have to deal with blackouts as often in other markets.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's amusing but what I'm tired of is the Tallon narrative and how it's been gone on well on easier how it was not merely that as of why he was fired, maybe more a powerbroker move but still there is a bit too much awarding given to him of things he literally isn't responsible for like Mike Smith's picks.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Unlike the Patriots, at least the Blackhawks are doing this in a tough division

bobbydigital

Aug 18, 2016
Chicago
I don't understand the purpose of Lozo's article. Like, what ignited his diatribe against the Hawks? Because they are on a winning streak? So I guess in Dave's world teams are only allowed to succeed for 6 years. What does he expect from the Hawks, for them to start losing on purpose? How can a person be a hockey writer when he cannot objectively observe the game? I actually am a fan of Lozo's and Wysh's podcast puck soup but for Dave has lost credibility in my eyes in regards to unbiased analysis. Are they a contender anymore? No, most likely not but they can make it difficult on others teams in the playoffs. Anyway, Go Hawks!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't understand the purpose of Lozo's article. Like, what ignited his diatribe against the Hawks? Because they are on a winning streak? So I guess in Dave's world teams are only allowed to succeed for 6 years. What does he expect from the Hawks, for them to start losing on purpose? How can a person be a hockey writer when he cannot objectively observe the game? I actually am a fan of Lozo's and Wysh's podcast puck soup but for Dave has lost credibility in my eyes in regards to unbiased analysis. Are they a contender anymore? No, most likely not but they can make it difficult on others teams in the playoffs. Anyway, Go Hawks!

Do you honestly believe they're not a contender? They have a handful of rookies playing only 15 games into the season, are first in the West, and 2nd OA in the NHL.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
If they played boring hockey I would be beyond sick of them but since they don't then I am not sick of the Hawks... I wish the Habs played more like the Hawks.

bobbydigital

Aug 18, 2016
Chicago
Do you honestly believe they're not a contender? They have a handful of rookies playing only 15 games into the season, are first in the West, and 2nd OA in the NHL.

There's definitely a chance they can make run for the cup, I just want to see another 10-20 games to see if they can maintain a level of consistency in their game. Look, I really hope they do go all the way as most Hawks fans do. And I get more positive about this team after every game I watch, butI'm just trying to be realistic without my homer glasses affected my assessment about this team. Maybe I'm over compensating for my bias with my analysis. I guess I just don't want to get too excited about this team just yet and just enjoy the Hawks game to game without worrying about the future.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There's definitely a chance they can make run for the cup, I just want to see another 10-20 games to see if they can maintain a level of consistency in their game. Look, I really hope they do go all the way as most Hawks fans do. And I get more positive about this team after every game I watch, butI'm just trying to be realistic without my homer glasses affected my assessment about this team. Maybe I'm over compensating for my bias with my analysis. I guess I just don't want to get too excited about this team just yet and just enjoy the Hawks game to game without worrying about the future.

I'm in that boat with ya. I just think that this team has a lot to be excited for. Reminds me of the Pens last year with the influx of young, driven, talented rookies pushing hard for that Cup early on in their career.

Like you said, there's more and more positive after every single game, and they get better and better each game. It's still a fun time to be a Hawks fan! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad