Are you sick of the Blackhawks?

darglor

Feb 17, 2012
The amount of blackhawks coverage that we get pales in comparison to the Leafs/Habs coverage we get, so no, I'm not even close to getting annoyed by the hawks.

Just yesterday, I was watching a Sens/Sabres game on the french channel and the entire intermission was on the Habs, outside of the scoring summary. :shakehead

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
:laugh:

I'm sorry, it may come off homerish, but you're crazy to think they're not a top 3 team in the NHL, and it's pretty damn obvious with the way you post in EVERY SINGLE Hawks thread, that you just despise the organization...
Who are the top 3 teams, in your opinion, then?

They're 1OA in the West, and 2OA in the NHL, as of right now. They have an influx of talented rookies and younger players that are coming in to take the reigns from the original franchise resurrection core, in Schmaltz, Panarin, Motte, Forsling, Kempny, Hartman, DeBrincat, etc. They have numerous shoe-ins for the HHOF that are still in/around their prime, including a somehow refreshed/resurrected Hossa, that looks 30 years old again...

I don't mean to be an ass about it, but expect the Hawks to remain a contender out of the West for probably the next 5-7 years, yet. Just grab some :popcorn: and enjoy watching some fun hockey, because there's few teams in the NHL that are as exciting to watch on a daily basis, as evidenced by the responses in this thread, overall.

As for the OP... as others have said, he's the farthest thing from a Hawks fan. :laugh::laugh:

Am I sick of watching the Hawks win? Not at all. Won't ever get sick of that. Fun to watch. Talented. And my hometown team that I grew up idolizing the players like Roenick, Daze, Larmer, Goulet, Chelios, Graham, Savard, Murray etc. etc. as I came up through youth hockey.

As all other Hawks fans in this thread have stated, I'm absolutely fed up with outdoor games every single year. The Hawks never win them, the jerseys always suck(please bring back a black one if we're ever in another outdoor game, please)although I do own a white one with the red tomahawks on the arms. I think it was the one from the WC against Washington, which I liked a bit, and got as a gift. But the luster of having one has worn off completely. They're even running out of venues in Chicago to have them at, though... which is saying something NHL. Please STOP giving them to the Hawks...

And again, to the OP... if you think this Hawks team is not even close to as good as any of the teams prior to 2015, then you're pretty crazy too. Wait till the handful of rookies have more than 15 games under their belt. Teams playing the Hawks are just now starting to see everyone on the Hawks roster start to build chemistry and gel together well. Lines have solidified themselves. Everyone is settling in nicely.

I'm expecting another lengthy post-season run from my Hawks! :yo:

Edit: Disclaimer, yes this was a seriously homerish post, but I don't care. :laugh:

Try to be a little objective next time. Please.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
I guess the two times I mentioned that it was a homer post were something you failed to read? If I wanted to be objective, I would have been. :shakehead

No it wasn't something I failed to read. I read those and responded with what I said. Posting complete homerism in the general board adds no input to this discussion. Try again next time. :boredom:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No it wasn't something I failed to read. I read those and responded with what I said. Posting complete homerism in the general board adds no input to this discussion. Try again next time. :boredom:

If you read those you'd know that yes there was homerism there in parts as indicated. Pretty sure there was plenty added to the discussion, though. Lots of valid information. Try again.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think someone mentioned this earlier but out of all the Winter Classic's for the Hawks to play in the one this year makes sense. Blues vs Hawks at Busch Stadium is awesome with the Hawks/Blues rivalry and the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry.

But Washington vs Chicago...yeah...what...

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Once the cap hits of Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, and Panarin are truly felt...they'll melt away into irrelevance. Good but never true contenders.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'm not sick of the Blackhawks.

Sure all the outdoor games are getting annoying but the team and organization have worked hard to get themselves to this point. The team is also fun to watch and continues to be successful on the ice. If there's anyone to blame for them being shoved down hockey fans throats its the league for promoting the heck out of them.

It wasn't very long ago where this team was virtually nonexistent in their hometown. Still can't believe how far they've come.

BigBootsie

Jun 8, 2010
Illinois
This is not meant to attack a fan base or a team. This is merely a thread to see if people agree with the article I'm posting below. As a Hawks fan, I've never really thought about it from an outsiders point of view, but I can definitely relate to it in the sense that the Detroit Red Wings dominance carried this way. One thing I can say though is that the Hawks aren't nearly as good as 2015 or prior this season so fans of teams contending have nothing to worry about sans some big blockbuster trade. But I'm really curious to know how many non-Hawks fans feel this way. For the record, I'm not sure why this article was written (I really hope it wasn't over a 6 game win streak which happens all the time in the NHL).

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/seriously-weve-had-enough-of-the-blackhawks

After all these years, I guess I'm only sick of you calling yourself a Hawks fan

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I think someone mentioned this earlier but out of all the Winter Classic's for the Hawks to play in the one this year makes sense. Blues vs Hawks at Busch Stadium is awesome with the Hawks/Blues rivalry and the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry.

But Washington vs Chicago...yeah...what...

Hawks/Wings at Wrigley was pretty epic.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
There's definitely a chance they can make run for the cup, I just want to see another 10-20 games to see if they can maintain a level of consistency in their game. Look, I really hope they do go all the way as most Hawks fans do. And I get more positive about this team after every game I watch, butI'm just trying to be realistic without my homer glasses affected my assessment about this team. Maybe I'm over compensating for my bias with my analysis. I guess I just don't want to get too excited about this team just yet and just enjoy the Hawks game to game without worrying about the future.

As a fellow Hawks fan let me encourage you there's absolutely nothing aside from injuries that should leave you to believe the team is just going to fall off and not be a contender.

Rock solid goalie, best D core they've had in years, tons of goal scoring, very stingy GA, great core of star-power with many key players having bounce back campaigns(if not going by pt production then just the jump in their stride and improvement in overall play, mainly Seabrook and Hossa), rookies look great, improved transition game, improving game by game already. I just fail to see anything about the current team that says "fluke" or "not sustainable as the season progresses". They're very good.

The one area that needs improvement is overall forward depth/ability to roll 4 lines and sustain better puck possession. The Hawks have had average Corsi numbers so far, and that is the only thing they haven't been dominant with. I think they'll make upgrades if they need to at the TDL if they can't find another 3rd/4th liner before then.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
If you read those you'd know that yes there was homerism there in parts as indicated. Pretty sure there was plenty added to the discussion, though. Lots of valid information. Try again.

Don't bother he's impossible.

He has deep seeded issues with his feelings about the Hawks. Does nothing but doubt and discredit them at every turn, has done so for years. Yet at the same time calls himself/labels himself a fan of the team. Makes absolutely zero sense. Its clinical.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Don't bother he's impossible.

He has deep seeded issues with his feelings about the Hawks. Does nothing but doubt and discredit them at every turn, has done so for years. Yet at the same time calls himself/labels himselfI a fan of the team. Makes absolutely zero sense. Its clinical.

Yup. I've been around a while. Dealt with him in the past. :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Once the cap hits of Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, and Panarin are truly felt...they'll melt away into irrelevance. Good but never true contenders.

I'm confused...

I'm pretty sure that every single player in your post has a large cap hit that has ALREADY kicked in... with the exception of Panarin. And he'll be signed this season, or just after it ends.

Everyone always says this every year. THE DREADED CAP PURGE!!!! ONOES!!! Yet every year they come back as a contender. :laugh:

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Am I missing something here? All the big cap hits in effect, save Panarin. They're already feeling the effects of those contracts and managing decently at this point.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Am I missing something here? All the big cap hits in effect, save Panarin. They're already feeling the effects of those contracts and managing decently at this point.

Apparently people don't realize that the Hawk's core players with large cap hits are already counted in against the cap. Apparently people must be under the impression that the Hawks big contracts have not kicked in yet? Even though they ALL have already. :laugh:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No, at least they play solid, entertaining hockey.

The Kings are another story.

Same here. I think I'm a little sick of them. Ironically I think I'd be less sick of them if they were as good as previous seasons. But in humble subjective opinion they play hockey the right way.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Apparently people don't realize that the Hawk's core players with large cap hits are already counted in against the cap. Apparently people must be under the impression that the Hawks big contracts have not kicked in yet? Even though they ALL have already. :laugh:

If opponents can't beat the Hawks on the ice, opponents try to do it off the ice. Anything to hold onto hope. Over the years, the Hawks have lost important pieces. But they still come back and contend because the core is still intact. Now that Panarin is part of the new core, opposing fans are praying he leaves ... which is the farthest from the truth. Since when does Bowman rid of a core player once identified? Saad? I don't think he was ever considered an integral part of the core ... at least not enough to trade the players higher up in the food chain.

Will the Hawks lose some pieces going forward. Sure ... but not the players wished by opposing fans. For the time being, the Hawks' championship window is still wide open. It will end ... but not any time soon.

Some advice: Don't come to a village with a blowtorch when it's made of concrete and steel.

The Toews is the new Scott Gomez OR Crawford is Niemi v2.0 are far better threads. At least it's interesting.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
As an Avs fan, yeah I'm kind of tired of them. Not only do we get to lose to them, but we get to see them in every conceivable outdoor game, every Wednesday night rivalry game on NBC, and then hear the media gush over them non-stop. You'd think with 2 $10 million dollar contracts, they were bound to regress eventually but they keep getting up and coming talent like its nothing in addition to FAs who are fine with signing on the cheap to have a chance at the cup.

That being said, I'm clearly a tad salty. They are a phenomenal team with unreal players and management has played a huge roll in keeping them competitive every years. Mad props.

Go Cubs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad