GDT: Are You Ready to Rummmm...er, Draaaaaaft!

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Zadina was a consensus #3 for a while and we took him at #6.

Podkolzin was a consensus #3 for a while and we took him at #6.
This parallel is one of the unfair reasons that Podkolzin is the one player I absolutely do not want.

And certain aspects of his actual game remind me of Zadina

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
that leaves us with one of Zegras or Dach, whom I'm both very high on

I think you are forgetting the team doesn't care about any of us. Yzerman's reason to move up or down is because he's Steve Yzerman and he does what he wants. Hang on and enjoy the ride.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I think you are forgetting the team doesn't care about any of us. Yzerman's reason to move up or down is because he's Steve Yzerman and he does what he wants. Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Not saying the team cares, it was just my opinion lol.

I hope the team does not listen to us, I wanted Holland's head on a stick when we drafted Larkin, so there's that :laugh:

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
BOYS. TELL ME WHO TO LIKE AND DISLIKE!!!
Like: Dach and Turcotte

Dislike: Byram. I am certainly not alone in this opinion and you will be joining a very large bandwagon, so don't question it (I'm so lonely)

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Let's make this a genuine draft, it's Miller time folks.

Oh yeah....draft night! Pick a good one Stevie, but not a winger alright?

Reactions: mantha39

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Let's make this a genuine draft, it's Miller time folks.
Just watch out for The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

giphy.gif

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Wait really? How does he compare to the top D men from last years draft?
"Really" as in the fact that I do believe it. "Not really" as in I am virtually the only one. Every one in every fan base would be thrilled with him. I just wanted to trick someone into siding with me.

I think he is bad defensively and lacks effort while only looking to jump up on the rush to be a 4th forward. He doesn't possess any elite level offensive skills (skating, shot, passing, stickhandling), he just takes advantage of being that 4th forward in the WHL but will be a big defensive liability.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
"Really" as in the fact that I do believe it. "Not really" as in I am virtually the only one. Every one in every fan base would be thrilled with him. I just wanted to trick someone into siding with me.

I think he is bad defensively and lacks effort while only looking to jump up on the rush to be a 4th forward. He doesn't possess any elite level offensive skills (skating, shot, passing, stickhandling), he just takes advantage of being that 4th forward in the WHL but will be a big defensive liability.
Interesting

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008

I said the same thing about Sandin. Your with me right?

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
I said the same thing about Sandin. Your with me right?
Don't really have a strong opinion on Sandin. I'd gladly jump on that bandwagon if you jump on the anti-Byram bandwagon.

Plus, it lets me hate on a leafs prospect. I'm in!

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It was an extremely dumb video of Carley Johnston out in the streets of Detroit asking people to pick who would be the next Red Wing at #6. The board had actual top prospects along with Fulton Reed from Mighty Ducks, Daniel Norris, TJ Hockenson, Luke Kennard, Harry Styles. Half the people they showed picking were choosing people who aren't even hockey players.

It made Red Wings "fans" look absolutely stupid. I imagine it was met with some crooked looks and deleted as a result.

I saw this and skipped it. Nothing like making your own fan base look like shit.

This is the kind of stuff you do to troll others, not make your own look like morons.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida

I've read some pretty negative reviews on him as a defenseman, but just about all of these come from HF people so I take it with a grain of salt. Still, there were enough from a few voices whose opinions I generally respect, so I have never been super high on Byram. I've not seen a single game the kid has played however so the entirety of my opinion is based on word of mouth. If he lands in Chicago or Colorado then hopefully your opinion of him proves to be correct.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I've read some pretty negative reviews on him as a defenseman, but just about all of these come from HF people so I take it with a grain of salt. Still, there were enough from a few voices whose opinions I generally respect, so I have never been super high on Byram. I've not seen a single game the kid has played however so the entirety of my opinion is based on word of mouth. If he lands in Chicago or Colorado then hopefully your opinion of him proves to be correct.

No further questions your honor.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Suppose there's some truth to Yzerman moving back, I would assume that we can trade into the mid to late 1st round if we get another high second rounder. Would you guys rather have one of Zegras/Dach/Cozens and just keep our 35th and hope for a decent player there, or a combination of Podkolzin/Boldy/Krebs and Seider/Harley/Robertson?

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
Plot twist:

Yzerman trades away #6 for a teams 2019-2022 2nd rd picks stating that picking in the 1st round is too easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad