Speculation: Are you done with the playoffs? If not who are you cheering for?

How do you feel about the rest of the playoffs?

• Total voters

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I was thinking of cheering for the Flyers. I wouldn't mind following the Canucks just because I dont know much of that team and I feel I should

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I am pissed the Oilers lost this play-in playoff. If life was normal and this was a normal playoff and the Oilers lost a best of 7 I could look at the positives and be happy with the season. But it isn’t a normal world and right now a month or two of Oilers hockey was what I needed. So I’m mad and I’m disappointed.

I’m mad the Oilers didn’t sweep the Red Wings - they’d be in the bye-group and not the bye bye group.

I’m mad the NHL went with this format.

I’m mad about the “veteran calls” teams like the Blackhawks and Ducks (circa 2017) always seem to get and the Oilers will apparently “one day get”.

I also have some perspective. Right now, not following closely though, it appears 5/8 possibly 6/8 of these play-in rounds will be upsets. What’s with that? If it was 7/8 of the “home advantaged” teams won and Oilers lost I’d be angrier.

It makes me happy to think Pittsburgh and Edmonton have a combined 25% chance of 1st overall.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Haven't watched any games but the Oilers but Philly is still in so I'll be keeping tabs on the Flyers. Might even catch a game or 2 if possible. Not big on spending hours of time in front of TV any more.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
C173B4A5-50E4-431F-A7A5-E8A5BA4BD4CC.jpeg

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG

Agreed.

I find it infuriating talking to friends who happen to be Flames fans. Everything is better there. Pat Maroon scores 27 goals? That’s great but Michael Ferlund has better hands. Sam Bennett will be better than Leon. 2015 Flames defence was better than 2015 (Cup champion) Blackhawks defence.

It goes on and on. Then you remember that they’ve been out of the first round a grand total of 3 times in the 30 years since Oilers and Flames won their last Cups.

And I’m someone who doesn’t harbour ill will toward either Lucic or Talbot. Wish they ended up anywhere but down south so I could be happy for any success they enjoy.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I have been working on a sound theory that Taylor Hall went out to a country bar and decided to leave Arizona and come back to Edmonton then Arizona won and Edmonton lost. Then Hall sobered up bit and decided he'd try to join the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad