Speculation: Are you done with the playoffs? If not who are you cheering for?

How do you feel about the rest of the playoffs?

• Total voters

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I will watch but could care less who wins now so long as it’s not the Flames or Leafs but this being 2020 you know it’s going to be a Flames Leafs final.

Reactions: TB12

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Bye. Blind support doesn't help them. Fans, management, and the team should expect better.
You are getting all in a mood because of a 5 game series. It isn't blind support but its understanding this was not regular. We had a pretty good season up until it was suspended/abandoned and that's where I'm looking.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I have been watching the Flyers basically since xmas so i will continue to follow them. Very impressed with the way they play and I think they will be Stanley Cup champions. Bold prediction - Scott Laughton will the "Fernando Pisani" of this year's playoffs. Not so bold prediction - Sean Couturier will win the Conn Smythe.

I think I might join you on the Philly bandwagon.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I like watching the Avs and their fans are pretty cool.

I’m not going to let the Oilers ruin my love of the best sport on earth, but damn if they aren’t trying their very best. Like I said in the PGT at least it’s summer and I won’t be stuck inside watching hockey religiously like I would be had the Oilers remained in it.

Thanks Oilers. This team sure finds new ways to disappoint. Not a reflection on myself or any of you. We just happen to be loyal fans of a shitty team.

The fact that this team didn’t go out dying on its sword in a bloody fight makes me hold this team in further contempt, especially considering all the circumstances. Just complete disdain right now. Completely gutless team.

Enjoy the rest of the summer lads! Go soak up some sun, go camping, etc.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Pretty much done.

I'll probably watch lazily while I play some Switch or something on my days off but I shan't get invested in any of it.

You know, other than not wanting Calgary or Toronto to win.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
You are getting all in a mood because of a 5 game series. It isn't blind support but its understanding this was not regular. We had a pretty good season up until it was suspended/abandoned and that's where I'm looking.
The Oilers mailing it in when it matters most is very regular. It isn't just this 4 game window. These unusual circumstances they were presented with actually gave them the biggest advantage out of almost any team and they threw it away. This seemed to start with Katz's ownership and Tambellini's search for "character" players, which meant easy to get along with but lacking any urgency, drive, sacrifice, or killer instinct. We now are stuck with a bunch of gentleman and the last guy with a chip on his shoulder is neutered due to his comfy contract. Gotta get some playoff pedigree and real veterans on this team, but that comes with baggage our insecure management and ownership cannot handle.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Probably watch some condensed games/ extended highlights. Might follow Montreal. Support Montreal or St. Louis to repeat .

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
If they do well, sure, but I just don't think that team's good enough.

Ya, they certainly are big underdogs on paper. Montreal and Chicago were too though, so I’m just going to go in without expectations.

Reactions: ujju2

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Love that Columbus team for the GM's balls to the wall deadline moves last year. Great to see this risk rewarded with a great team effort this year and hopefully they beat the Leafs. Carolina too I hope has some success. Colorado is awesome to watch.

I am always ABC so whoever can beat down the Flamers I am behind.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The Oilers mailing it in when it matters most is very regular. It isn't just this 4 game window. These unusual circumstances they were presented with actually gave them the biggest advantage out of almost any team and they threw it away. This seemed to start with Katz's ownership and Tambellini's search for "character" players, which meant easy to get along with but lacking any urgency, drive, sacrifice, or killer instinct. We now are stuck with a bunch of gentleman and the last guy with a chip on his shoulder is neutered due to his comfy contract. Gotta get some playoff pedigree and real veterans on this team, but that comes with baggage our insecure management and ownership cannot handle.

I understand the frustration but I don't really get the correlation. They seem to have players that have those characteristics, and Neal, Chiasson, Smith have decent swagger for vets. Better than what they had before IMO

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
HFOil bandwagon dispersal draft?

Otherwise I'll just pull for a Colorado/Dallas/Carolina/Colombus final four.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Cheering against in this order:

1. Leafs
1. Flames
2. Bettman's little bitches (Arizona, TB)
3. Bettman's newest fling thing (Vegas)

So I guess its up to Colorado then.
I honestly want the Leafs to be out of the draft lottery 100% then I want to see them get their asses kicked. Same goes for the Flames.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I’m mostly done. My best friend is a Leafs fan, and I’m a big fan of Barrie/Andersen/Rielly, so I’ll watch them, but it’s really not the same

giphy.gif

OilfaninTO

Aug 1, 2020
I’ve always liked Torts so if the Bluejackets take out the Leafs tomorrow I’ll be pulling for them. Man I wish we had a task master coach like Tortorella. In the west, I’ll be pulling for whomever plays the Flames and Canucks.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad