Speculation: Are you done with the playoffs? If not who are you cheering for?

How do you feel about the rest of the playoffs?

• Total voters

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I am pissed the Oilers lost this play-in playoff. If life was normal and this was a normal playoff and the Oilers lost a best of 7 I could look at the positives and be happy with the season. But it isn’t a normal world and right now a month or two of Oilers hockey was what I needed. So I’m mad and I’m disappointed.

I’m mad the Oilers didn’t sweep the Red Wings - they’d be in the bye-group and not the bye bye group.

I’m mad the NHL went with this format.

I’m mad about the “veteran calls” teams like the Blackhawks and Ducks (circa 2017) always seem to get and the Oilers will apparently “one day get”.

I also have some perspective. Right now, not following closely though, it appears 5/8 possibly 6/8 of these play-in rounds will be upsets. What’s with that? If it was 7/8 of the “home advantaged” teams won and Oilers lost I’d be angrier.

It makes me happy to think Pittsburgh and Edmonton have a combined 25% chance of 1st overall.

addressing that Veteran call thing. When the hell are the Oilers going to experience this? RNH as an example is definitely a veteran. McDavid/Drai have played 5 and 6 years respectively. Chaisson, Neal, Smith have played forever. The only real rookies we have is Yammo,Bear and Jones so what am I missing? It’s not a Veteran call it’s screw job. Some refs favour certain teams. Don’t give me this Veteran call BS.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Hell no. Hoping Blue Jackets go the distance.

this goalie for Columbus is something ridiculous. 60 plus saves in this game. Holy man. He deserves a win.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm not too invested, but that's not really different than the last couple of years.

Don't have a particular team I'm cheering for, I just wanna watch good hockey. The Bolts-Jackets looks promising. Vegas-Hawks and Bruins-Canes should be fun as well.

Probably not gonna watch much of the Avs-Coyotes series as I really dislike the Yotes but Avs are fun to watch as they have so much skill between Makar, Rantanen and MacKinnon.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I just can’t be bothered to watch right now. The way the Oilers played just disgusted me and I need a break. Winnipeg was my second choice so there’s that. My 3rd favourite team is whoever sh*tcans the Flames.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I mean after years of none-playoff hockey I still have my other teams to go with certain players I like to watch.

CBJ-TBL, really wanted to see this one after what happened last year. I also get a kick out of Torts, so the longer they are around the better.

CHI-VEG and MTL-PHI, real curious to see how these 12 seeds play. Major beat downs by Vegas and Philly and all of sudden Rutherford and Holland have even more questions to ask themselves.

NYI-WSH, know Johnny Boychuk and love the Caps. Will try to watch

CAR-BOS, Boychuk connection plus I liked Lucic so I've followed the Bruins for years.

ARI-COL, Colorado is fast high paced team with a lot of skill that are fun to watch. Curious if they run into the issue Toronto had against CBJ though. Kumpfer played real good in the play ins and could make things interesting.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I won't watch a heck of a lot until maybe the end, but I'd like to see the Bluejackets, Lightning, or Hurricanes do well.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
After watching Vegas beat the shit out of Chicago last night, I’m invested in Vegas continuing to destroy the Hawks in four.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->