Are we sleeping on Ozhiganov?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Something a little fishy with his ice time and place on the team. The year before he was an league All star then he announced that he was going to sign with the Leafs and he suddenly becomes a 7/8 D man?
His team had an abundance of players this past season and very a very good team so they could afford to give him a bad time last season once they knew he was going to the Leafs as why would they continue to develop him for us.

He had an NHL snap shot and release. I have no idea of his skating ability defending but he has a good slapped and can use his body effectively I will reserve judgment about him until I see him skated especially his transition skating. If he can skate at the NHL level we will have found a cheap D man for next season and it gives us options.
To conclude my assessment now that I have seen he skate. He can skate at the NHL level and he looks good enough to play 3rd pair minutes as well as PK minutes as he is a better skater then Z. Let’s see how his decision making holds up after 20 games because if it holds up we got us a top 4 D man and options moving forward.

Like his game a lot thus far. He boxes out players real well and identifies his man on rotations fast so like to see him get his feet wet and then play some tougher minutes if he handles the 3rd pair minutes well. A parting gift from Hunter.

Reactions: RedRenegade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad