are they trying to get Babcock fired

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Kyle Dubas (like Ducks GM Bob Murray did to head coach Kitty Carlyle) needs to give Babs a vote of confidence in order to send a clear message to Matthews and Nylander that Babs will not be run out of T.O.

Reactions: Duffman955

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
I hope so.
The system is broken and Babcock is not doing his job (prepare the players methally, help the team when the offence strugles, call a time out in every blue moon etc.)

Reactions: ToMaLe

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I hope not. If this team is trying to get a guy who's done nothing but win (and had them battling for first in the NHL) fired it really does not bode well for us.

***If*** your core players are engineering a mutiny when they're still on their ELC's or one month into their new contract, I think your problem is less getting rid of your coach but may as well go back to square one of the rebuild because that's not a group of guys you're likely to get very far with without some serious maturation.

RubberHead

Apr 15, 2018
Yep.. can him. He's lost the room, don't care much for a team that has to sniff something before the puck drops to get motivated.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Whatever he's doing to Matthews is killing the creativity and offensive game out of him

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
***If*** your core players are engineering a mutiny when they're still on their ELC's or one month into their new contract, I think your problem is less getting rid of your coach but may as well go back to square one of the rebuild because that's not a group of guys you're likely to get very far with without some serious maturation.

Though at the same time above average coaches are available nearly ever offseason: much harder to replace a core as young as skilled as the Leafs.

That said, I think some folks are making a mountain out of a molehill right now. It’s a slump, a very bad one, but it won’t last.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Though at the same time above average coaches are available nearly ever offseason: much harder to replace a core as young as skilled as the Leafs.

That said, I think some folks are making a mountain out of a molehill right now. It’s a slump, a very bad one, but it won’t last.

Agreed on your last point. Though the slump reveals some serious structural issues with the team.

My point was just that if you have young guys calling the shots for whatever reason and getting your coach fired, the inmates are definitely running the asylum, and I don't think those kinds of teams ever have success.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They are playing softer than ever right now. On the Coyotes 3rd goal there were two Leafs defenders watching the guy put the puck in the net. And on the EN, they literally quit playing. These are things that you wouldn’t see in beer leagues let alone an NHL game.

Why are they playing this way? The coach has some blame, for sure. Has he “lost the room”? We don’t know, but there appears to be something wrong.

Hopefully they’re just tired and the break will get them back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cams and socko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad