Are the Ottawa Senators not as bad as people expected them to be?

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
True but after 7 the standings are in stone, there’s no way they can change. You might as well tear down the team if you’re in last place after 7 games
Good point. I'm excited to see what the standings look like after everyone's played 7. Gonna be such a good season!

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Yes the Sens are going to be terrible this year and into the future...to ever use the first few games of a new season as your barometer is absolutely absurd....enjoy the few wins now....there will be little else to enjoy over the coming season!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They are playing fast and loose,and likely there are going to be some kids that have decent years...But when crunch time comes they will fade ...

Reactions: Kamiccolo

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Don't have much to say about the future other than they sure took it to the Kings today. If that is any indicator then the OP is correct for sure.

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
They probably won’t make the playoffs, but they won’t just drop every game without an effort. They are playing tough right now, and Chabot could be the next Morgan Rielly #44.

Reactions: topshelf15

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Future is bright, plenty of good young players already. Everyone thinks our traded pick will end up lst overall and is gone to Colorado.

We have 25 drafts picks coming up over the next 3 drafts and likely to add a few more to that total before the season ends.Imagine having 30 draft picks over a 3 year span.

Reactions: Senafan

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Future is bright, plenty of good young players already. Everyone thinks our traded pick will end up lst overall and is gone to Colorado.

We have 25 drafts picks coming up over the next 3 drafts and likely to add a few more to that total before the season ends.Imagine having 30 draft picks over a 3 year span.
It's great to stay optimistic but bad management will ruin your chances to a proper rebuild even if you have tons of top draft picks. Melnyk and Dorion's successors have a hell of a job to do. And it's not given that they will be any better. Oilers' old boys club was horrible but Chia & co haven't done any better.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
It's great to stay optimistic but bad management will ruin your chances to a proper rebuild even if you have tons of top draft picks. Melnyk and Dorion's successors have a hell of a job to do. And it's not given that they will be any better. Oilers' old boys club was horrible but Chia & co haven't done any better.
Dorion's biggest strength is scouting, that's what he was for like 10 seasons, and our director of scouting was huge on Tkachuk at 4th overall, no complaints there. Give us a chance to tear it down and rebuild before comparing us to the Oilers.

Reactions: Kevs Security

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
For pride's sake it would good to finish above last season. Being ahead of SJ would be better tho lol

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
They are a rag tag group that's probably disgruntled and feeling down. If history has taught us anything, they will be going to the Stanley Cup Final.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
By the end of November we will see whats up with teams, first 10-15 games is always a crap shoot with random players performing well and awesome players being slow out of the gate.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
before tonight they had won just 1 of their 4 games, and that was a game they got dominated that anderson stole

they are gonna be awful

I kinda hope they finish like 6th or 7th worst, giving sens fans hope that that 1st rd wont be hughes, only to see the avs win the lotto

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
before tonight they had won just 1 of their 4 games, and that was a game they got dominated that anderson stole

they are gonna be awful

I kinda hope they finish like 6th or 7th worst, giving sens fans hope that that 1st rd wont be hughes, only to see the avs win the lotto
Aw you gonna be ok there kiddo?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
People picked them to be the worst team in the league by far going into the season, but 5 games in they're 2-2-1.

Their two victories came against a historically elite Leafs team and a Kings team that made the playoffs last season.

With what we've seen so far do you think the Sens will be better than many people expected them to be this year?

Do you know how often bad teams beat good teams? This is just a five game stretch and have 2 wins in 5 games. They’re bad.

Buffalo last year, remember the 62 or 64 I don’t even know I tried to forget pt team beat Tampa twice Nashville, Washington and Toronto in the span of two weeks. Yes the cup champs, the other cup favourites division winners, presidents trophy winners. This was in March 2018.

Pretty sure buffalo was as bad or worse then everyone said. So the fact Ottawa beat Toronto or Vancouver beat Tampa isn’t surprising. Vancouver (3-2) for instance also started 6-3-1 in the last two seasons both times and are the worst team of the last three years combined. So starts while important aren’t everything. Buffalo is hovering at .500 and I’m not excited, I’m happier then I was last year but I’m not very “excited.”

This is not to say Ottawa doesent have some good things going like a goalie who can keep them in games, chabot and lajoie with Bernard-docker on the back-end who look like three sound, good to great d-men and Chris Tierney doesen’t make the karlsson deal look like the “robbery of the century” and stone is of course, great. Yes he is a UFA as is Duchene and Dzingel amongst a couple others I think and there are some who are probably unhappy or whatever right now and with no top pick in a lottery that includes the likes of Hughes, this team can overachieve this season and finish near .500 and the bad will STILL outweigh the good.

Not because of these 5 games where they’ve looked decent at times but because there organization and roster are overall bad when compared to most other teams. And don’t get me started on the management and ownership.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Do you know how often bad teams beat good teams? This is just a five game stretch and have 2 wins in 5 games. They’re bad.

Buffalo last year, remember the 62 or 64 I don’t even know I tried to forget pt team beat Tampa twice Nashville, Washington and Toronto in the span of two weeks. Yes the cup champs, the other cup favourites division winners, presidents trophy winners. This was in March 2018.

Pretty sure buffalo was as bad or worse then everyone said. So the fact Ottawa beat Toronto or Vancouver beat Tampa isn’t surprising. Vancouver (3-2) for instance also started 6-3-1 in the last two seasons both times and are the worst team of the last three years combined. So starts while important aren’t everything. Buffalo is hovering at .500 and I’m not excited, I’m happier then I was last year but I’m not very “excited.”

This is not to say Ottawa doesent have some good things going like a goalie who can keep them in games, chabot and lajoie with Bernard-docker on the back-end who look like three sound, good to great d-men and Chris Tierney doesen’t make the karlsson deal look like the “robbery of the century” and stone is of course, great. Yes he is a UFA as is Duchene and Dzingel amongst a couple others I think and there are some who are probably unhappy or whatever right now and with no top pick in a lottery that includes the likes of Hughes, this team can overachieve this season and finish near .500 and the bad will STILL outweigh the good.

Not because of these 5 games where they’ve looked decent at times but because there organization and roster are overall bad when compared to most other teams. And don’t get me started on the management and ownership.
We get it. We are bad. Sheesh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad