Are the Ottawa Senators not as bad as people expected them to be?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah, I don't think we're scaring anyone yet.

But I take exception to the idea that we didn't beat the Leafs down fair and square.

it couldn't possibly have been fair and square. I mean c'mon. .....this is the Toronto Maple Leafs we're talking about here.....getting beat by ottawa .....I mean some people must have had to interupt their parade planning fter seeing that

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Leafs lead league in goals for - stanley cup favorite
Sens 3rd in goals for - no good
Oh poor baby.

The leafs habs a good team. They finished near the top of the league last year and improved.

The send do not have a good team. They were terrible last year and got much worse.

Big difference.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Leafs fans right now (re: 5-game sample size):

2k2066.jpg
Are you still picking the sens to make the playoffs and the leafs to miss like you were so adamant they would last year, until about December?

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

BlueWhite

Feb 12, 2014
Toronto
They are giving up 38 shots per game and only have 27 for.This team is terrible so they are worse than I expected.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I expect us to crash and burn hard after Christmas.

The team is too young and not anywhere near good enough defensively.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Are you still picking the sens to make the playoffs and the leafs to miss like you were so adamant they would last year, until about December?

Just maybe wait to see if your team can actually win one round in the playoffs before being completely smug. Has been a long time since the Leafs won even a single playoff round. Leafs are clearly a good team but the iffy D and lack of D support by forwards if uncorrected will limit playoff results. Playoffs are a different beast.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
lol at sample size, everyone and their dog were saying they were a lock for bottom 3 if not last before a game was played.

I personally don’t have that high of expectations but you watch them play and they are a completely different team than years past. They play a very fast game and have done a great job of generating chances from high danger areas which is reflected in their shooting% imo. As a team they have areas to improve but there’s been a lot of young players who have stepped up to start the season. 75% of you aren’t even aware of who Max Lajoie is yet, let alone are aware of the steps other young players on the team have taken. Give it a few months you will be more familiar with him and several other Senators.

Jacall

Oct 18, 2017
^^^^^^^^^

Absolutely! I really am not expecting much in terms of standings. This is a different team now, they are playing different than years past with a different style and it’s actually exciting to watch them, at least for me. It’s been a bright spot for this organization. A badly needed bright spot

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
it couldn't possibly have been fair and square. I mean c'mon. .....this is the Toronto Maple Leafs we're talking about here.....getting beat by ottawa .....I mean some people must have had to interupt their parade planning fter seeing that

Shot Attempts were 80-40 Leafs. It was all Anderson...well both Andy's, one good, one in October form.
Fair and square yes. Beat down-far from it.

The Steve Dangle triumverate of young, fast, work, is paying off for the Sens and Habs

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Youthful enthusiasm is a real thing. But I think it only gets you so far.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Shot Attempts were 80-40 Leafs. It was all Anderson...well both Andy's, one good, one in October form.
Fair and square yes. Beat down-far from it.

The Steve Dangle triumverate of young, fast, work, is paying off for the Sens and Habs

I making a living with numbers but I'm not a big fan of advanced stats in many cases

that game was a game where the "advanced" stats didn't really tell the story.

you can argue otherwise but the end result won't change

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
I making a living with numbers but I'm not a big fan of advanced stats in many cases

that game was a game where the "advanced" stats didn't really tell the story.

you can argue otherwise but the end result won't change

Yea that’s the argument after every Leafs loss against the Sens. All they want to bring up is the advanced stats like it changes the outcome somehow.

Reactions: swiftwin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad