Are the Ottawa Senators not as bad as people expected them to be?

KyleSeaBass

Oct 5, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
People picked them to be the worst team in the league by far going into the season, but 5 games in they're 2-2-1.

Their two victories came against a historically elite Leafs team and a Kings team that made the playoffs last season.

With what we've seen so far do you think the Sens will be better than many people expected them to be this year?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's not really that surprising they're getting off to a quick start, but I don't expect them to keep this up honestly

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I have to say, it looks as their dressing room isn't as toxic anymore, but it's still too early to judge this team. The Melnyk situation though is still the elephant in the room.

Tkachuk and Tierney are big factors for this team though.

Reactions: Fixxer

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
People picked them to be the worst team in the league by far going into the season, but 5 games in they're 2-2-1.

Their two victories came against a historically elite Leafs team and a Kings team that made the playoffs last season.

With what we've seen so far do you think the Sens will be better than many people expected them to be this year?

Far, far too early to draw any conclusions. We should know for sure after their next game.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
I probably have a higher opinion of Ottawa than most here. I was never on the Sens-last bandwagon. I just don’t think any of these 5-game epiphanies make any sense.
Oh yeah no worries, was actually referring to the whole Rielly 5-game point record thing.

I like the Avs so it wouldn't be the apocalypse if u guys got Hughes. Still stings a bit to think of it though.

Reactions: tucker3434

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
If they got a good fit budget defenseman like Kempny was for the caps last season to replace Boro I could see them making the playoffs if Lajoie/DeMelo keep this up like all the Vegas D did last season.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
ya they're probably the 2nd best team in that division behind Boston...

Last year they had the ECF hangover, now they're back to the level of 2016-17.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Oh yeah no worries, was actually referring to the whole Rielly 5-game point record thing.

I like the Avs so it wouldn't be the apocalypse if u guys got Hughes. Still stings a bit to think of it though.

Oh, got it. I thought you were talking about Avs fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad