Are the Ottawa Senators not as bad as people expected them to be?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Well TBH Boedker has been playing like hot garbage for the last 2 years in San Jose.

Really? I was reading the Sharks board, and a few people were complaining that they should have kept Boedker over Kane.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
They are sure better than many give them credit for. A lot of injuries, and they still beat a tough Montreal team tonight. Stone's goal in OT was not a cheapie. Took a lot of skill to rifle that past Price.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Would be funny if the pick they got from SJ is higher than the one they gave to Colorado.

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018
The Sens looked pretty exciting tonight. 4-2-1 now, I think this qualifies as winning hocley and only 3 points back of your Leafs with 2 games in hand. If they are as crappy as you say they are. Your team is not much better if we are using your logic. Darn exciting game and win against a good Montreal team.

Didn't you used to cheer for the Leafs?

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
and some underrated vets like Tierney and Boedker who are getting massively overlooked.

Boedker sucks. He has a good natural skillset and can get hot at the right time, but there's a reason he's been in the league a decade and has broken 50 points twice. His best work with Arizona (the year he got traded) I think he was leading the league in PP time. He has the skillset to occasionally convince teams that he has can be a good player, but it's not there. Super frustrating, because if he was willing to go to the net and work the center of the ice he could be a very solid top six wing.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Boedker sucks. He has a good natural skillset and can get hot at the right time, but there's a reason he's been in the league a decade and has broken 50 points twice. His best work with Arizona (the year he got traded) I think he was leading the league in PP time. He has the skillset to occasionally convince teams that he has can be a good player, but it's not there. Super frustrating, because if he was willing to go to the net and work the center of the ice he could be a very solid top six wing.

Cool, but we're not asking him to be a top 6 player. When we're fully healthy, he's on the 3rd line. Also, he's been working hard and doing lots of little things well for us so far. His goal tonight was some nice net drive.

Reactions: albator71

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Brady Tkachuk with 6 points in 4 games while playing good defence and being an excellent forechecker is certainly shutting up a lot of draft snobs.

I still think they were crazy to keep the pick, but at the very least, they know they have one excellent player locked in moving forward. Getting Stone and Duchene long term could turn Ottawa's long term outlook around.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Cool, but we're not asking him to be a top 6 player. When we're fully healthy, he's on the 3rd line. Also, he's been working hard and doing lots of little things well for us so far. His goal tonight was some nice net drive.

Yea I don't really think he's a good third line winger either, he loses scrambles incessantly, sucks defensively, and just generally seems glued to the boards. I mean, he's certainly a guy that's got plus puck skills for the third line, but last year is the only year I can really think of that he was productive in his role. Maybe I'm too fixated on his time in the desert, but I'll always remember him as a guy that got fed superstar type minutes and never really did much with them.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Thomas Chabot is soooo darn good. What a tremendous pick he was. EK will soon be forgotten with this kid turning into a top pair d man.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
zero expectations, but if they keep beating montreal and toronto. im glad.
keep adding points and as a fan its fun.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
If Ottawa can sign Mark Stone long-term, they have an exciting future. Think he would make a much better captain than Karlsson based on what I've seen and heard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad