Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Point = Toews
Kucherov = Kane
Hedman = Keith
Stamkos = Hossa
Seabrook = Mcdonagh

Vasilevski = ( sorry hawks didn't have such a good goalie )

I'm a die hard habs fan and I don't think we face chances in a 4 of 7 againts Tampa if it happens.

Tampa Bay is clearly a super team !
Kane > Kucherov (Not prime Kuch)
Keith >> Hedman (not healthy)
Hossa > Stamkos

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Even if they lose to the Isles, Tampa is insanely good. I mean they're stacked at every position. Credit due to the Isles for how they've hung in. Tampa is still a near perfectly built team in this day and age.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Tampa is a really good team obviously, probably the best in the league. But there's no superteams anymore. This is not the Red Wings of 1996-2009

Last edited:

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
The Islanders just took the Bolts to game 7. A super team would have taken care of the Islanders in 4/5 games.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Point, Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, and Mcdonagh as your top 5 is as rich and balanced of a top 5 you can get. Oh, and I almost forgot vasi.... another elite player.

If there is a super team in the league right now, I think it's tampa.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I still don't get it. Why do so many people take the term "superteam" to just simply mean. A team with a great collection of a lot of top talent. It just feels lost in translation.

Who ever used the term Superteam in that way before.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The Islanders just took the Bolts to game 7. A super team would have taken care of the Islanders in 4/5 games.

The Islanders are a good team, so there's no shame in that.

What it says is what we've always known about hockey. Super teams in the nhl are far from guaranteed ultimate success relative to the other North American team sports.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I still don't get it. Why do so many people take the term "superteam" to just simply mean. A team with a great collection of a lot of top talent. It just feels lost in translation.

Who ever used the term Superteam in that way before.

I think this term caught on in the last decade or so in the nba, especially when multiple stars began this trend of joining the same teams together..... Kind of like Kariya and Selanne when they joined Colorado.

Reactions: ClydeLee

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I think this term caught on in the last decade or so in the nba, especially when multiple stars began this trend of joining the same teams together..... Kind of like Kariya and Selanne when they joined Colorado.
Right, That is a superteam. But I don't get why Tampa would get called that, only McD was a star joined from outside. They drafted all the other elite pieces.

But Vegas is more superteam NBA style. Not even just from the expansion pieces but the recent star adds, Pietrangelo, Pach, and Stone.

The cap makes it hard to do like Detroit or Colorado did in the early 2000s. But like Colorado you can fail and be a superteam. I think it came from the Super-Band idea of stars from 2 or more bands joining on 1 band. I don't know which came first or not.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Right, That is a superteam. But I don't get why Tampa would get called that, only McD was a star joined from outside. They drafted all the other elite pieces.

But Vegas is more superteam NBA style. Not even just from the expansion pieces but the recent star adds, Pietrangelo, Pach, and Stone.

The cap makes it hard to do like Detroit or Colorado did in the early 2000s. But like Colorado you can fail and be a superteam. I think it came from the Super-Band idea of stars from 2 or more bands joining on 1 band. I don't know which came first or not.

I don't think the term is limited to how many stars join the team from the outside though.

People were calling golden state a super team, and I think they only had one big star on them that wasn't homegrown.

I guess it all depends how you want to define it. TB is a super team to me simply because of how stacked they are in regards to top end talent.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don't think the term is limited to how many stars join the team from the outside though.

People were calling golden state a super team, and I think they only had one big star on them that wasn't homegrown.
I was thinking about that. I don't follow NBA much, not that era especially but I wouldn't of considered them a super team until that year KD joined them. I guess it's just changing.

But sports terms live to evolve. I just find it interesting it's come to be superteam=elite champion team mainly. Or heck, some people on here were saying they would only call a team like the 70s Habs or the 80s Islanders a superteam. Those were dynasties we already had that term for them.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Steve Yzerman was waaaay ahead of his time. Most of what's happening right now is his moves bearing fruit, years after he's been gone.

McDonagh has been our best defenseman (stepping up with Hedman playing hurt). Cernak was instrumental in last year's cup and has been even better this year. Don't even get me started on Brayden Point.

JBB has been masterful with this roster, don't get me wrong, and he probably had a big hand in building it as Yzerman's assistant. But when you look at our key players and how they were acquired, it's pretty remarkable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad