Are the Leafs Tough Enough for Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
It would be better without a lot of things. It's a message board. Deal with it.

Also, judging from the reaction, I can't really be sure if that poster was not crying. Read his posts and tell me you can.

If you think anyone is actually crying about a message on here you have bigger issues.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
It's be a different story if it we're Marner of Nylander. Kadri plays with enough of an edge that this is bound to happen from time to time.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Oh dang is it time for the weekly "the Leafs aren't tough enough to win but every other team in the league is" thread.

HF was almost more bearable when the Leafs weren't a great team since at least you guys had facts and reality to bash them with.

Reactions: Monsieur Gustave H

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Kadri did his job, and did it well. Leafs dominated and won. What's the problem, and why is there a second thread now?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Hahah just watched the video, and it makes this thread better!

Comment: "Kadri punched the goalie"
Reality: Kadri bumps goalie, goalie gloves Kadri then Kadri gives him a soft push.

Comment: "McQuaid ragdolls Kadri"
Reality: McQuaid drops his gloves, realizes Kadri isnt going to fight and pushes him to the ground.

Great stuff everyone.
Nah man, he got tossed like trash.

“Pushed to the ground” - Hahaha, he was f***ing upside down...

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
McQuaid is a useless plug. Yes, a big guy rag dolled a smaller guy. Let's all giggle like little schoolgirls.

Who won the game again?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Nope, Bruins weren't tough. They acted tough and took cheap shots against a bunch of injured people. Congrats?

Tim Thomas was a goalie that didn't play like that before 2011. He went on a run and got you a cup. Be grateful.

This is not remotely true and totally revisionist. Thomas was a two time all star and one time Vezina winner before the season.

The Bruins main advantage over the Canucks was toughness. That team had Lucic, Chara, and several goons like Shawn Thornton and Adam McQuaid. By today's standards that was a very tough team. In fact, with the faster game now, you couldn't ice a team that big and be successful.

A major reason why the Canucks lost was lack of toughness. Their "toughness" was guys like Burrows. The Canucks had

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Since 2010 the winners of the cup have been Chicago x 3, LA x 2, Boston and Pittsburgh x 2 and Washington.

With the exception being Pittsburgh
, who happen to boast two of the best players of our generation, every other one of those teams won because they beat the **** out of their opponents for seven games with hard, heavy, fast hockey. This whole narrative that you don't need to be tough and speed and skill is what wins championships now is just wrong. And every cup winner outside of Pittsburgh over the last decade shows you it's wrong.

Nobody is going to convince me that hard hitting heavy hockey isn't still a huge part of going the distance.

LOL did you watch the Blackhawks from 2009-2015? They were not a physical team at all and on paper they were one of the smallest teams in the league. They kicked ass with speed, skill, and lightning fast transition. Hard hitting heavy hockey was not their mo, at all.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
How many threads are going to be made trying to discredit the Leafs today?

It kinda comes with the territory. Toronto is one of the best teams in the league with one of the largest fanbases. There will always be a litany of pro/anti Leafs threads.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
LOL did you watch the Blackhawks from 2009-2015? They were not a physical team at all and on paper they were one of the smallest teams in the league. They kicked ass with speed, skill, and lightning fast transition. Hard hitting heavy hockey was not their mo, at all.
I seem to remember Buff, Bickell, Ladd, Brouwer, Boynton, Seabrook, Eager, Hjalmarsson and Burish being pretty physical players.

Reactions: easton117

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Oh dang is it time for the weekly "the Leafs aren't tough enough to win but every other team in the league is" thread.

HF was almost more bearable when the Leafs weren't a great team since at least you guys had facts and reality to bash them with.

Agreed. Now we get trolled for having players so good they will cost a lot of money.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I seem to remember Buff, Bickell, Ladd, Brouwer, Boynton, Seabrook, Eager, Hjalmarsson and Burish being pretty physical players.
Sounds like you didn't watch anything past 2010 then, because literally every player there save for Seabrook/Hjalmarrson(since when the f*** was Hjalmarrson a physical hitter?) weren't even on the Hawks past then.

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
It was smart. If Kadri wanted to fight he would have fought. He's fought stronger and bigger players then mcquaid. I don't see how getting a pp is bad when mcquaid was being an idiot.
Not a lot of guys stronger and bigger than Mcquaid around so I’m not sure about that.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Sounds like you didn't watch anything past 2010 then, because literally every player there save for Seabrook/Hjalmarrson(since when the **** was Hjalmarrson a physical hitter?) weren't even on the Hawks past then.
Okay so the first cup they won with heavy hard hitting hockey doesn't count then. Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino