Line Combos: Are the Leafs set up the middle for the future?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Babs will treat Stamkos, the same way he handled Kariya. A former 60 goal scorer isn't going to be moulded into someone with a cleaner defensive game ( that's impossible at this stage) and rather he'll be utilised as an offensive forward.

Now if Stamkos is really bent on being a centre ( despite being weak at it), we'll likely just line him up with defensive responsible wingers. I, personally, could see Kadri tried at wing due to being far more steadier on the defensive end than Stamkos. Naz reminds me of Marchand in that sense and could do quite well in that role.

The Kadri - Stamkos pairing actually makes a lot of sense. Kadri's two way play can make up for Stamkos' deficiency here, and akadri's makn offensive strength is playmaking which is good fit for a sniper like Stamkos.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Stamkos
Matthews
Kadri
Gauthier

Nylander becomes a winger again when Stamkos arrives

Its a good thing injuries never occur in hockey, so having a winger who can jump into the center ice position is a moot point.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Kadri - Stamkos pairing actually makes a lot of sense. Kadri's two way play can make up for Stamkos' deficiency here, and akadri's makn offensive strength is playmaking which is good fit for a sniper like Stamkos.

Its a mischaracterization to say Stamkos is deficient defensively while Kadri is a two way presence.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Its a mischaracterization to say Stamkos is deficient defensively while Kadri is a two way presence.

hey stephen

has team canada ever taken such feeble 1 way players to represent the country?

don't they usually watch from the sidelines like yzerman did way back, marty stloo

spezza, green , just to name a couple real easy like.

i just howl reading this tripe and just look at what the best hockey minds in canada think, oh and do , stamkos was a instant lock for their roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad