Are Orr's days numbered?

BLUEnWHITE4LIFE

Jun 27, 2014
Barrie
With the way these lines are seeming to be more skill less goon is Orr's days numbered, or will he just waste away in the Marlies? We signed Bodie and if we sign Ashton then do we really need Orr?

You decide

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I dont see why we need Orr when we have Polak, Clarkson, Komarov or even bodie in the line-up, all 4 will fight, maybe not Komarov, but they can all play hockey.

orr has no use on this team and Carlyle is stupid if he thinks we need him even against a team like Boston.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I wouldn't mind having Orr as like the 13th guy. We can bring him in for games where we need to fight someone. He'll come into the game, fight in the 1st period. Then sit out the next 5 or so games until we need to bring him in to fight again. But if he's playing, he's gotta be fighting and hopefully he does it early and gets himself and one of their guys kicked out. It's just kind of an intimidation factor. The other team will know that if they mess with us, we'll unleach Orr on them the next time we play them.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I would have to think so. MCclarens a better goon anyways if you feel the need to play one

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
With the amount of bottom 6 players we have now, I highly doubt he is on the roster.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Watch Orr still somehow manage to be on the roster while guys like Bodie and Holland sit.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Can he play defence?

:)

Seriously though, unless he can re-invent himself as he did when he was with the Marlies, I think we are going in a different direction. Management has all but told Carlyle he needs to roll 4 lines, so playing Orr/McLaren 4 minutes a night isn't an option. Neither is capable to giving 10-12 quality minutes a night, and simply put, other teams are more interested in out-scoring us, not out-punching us.

I love my enforcers, but I don't see where McLaren and Orr fit anymore.

BB

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
He really shouldn't be in any capacity. Whatever happened last year he just stopped fighting even when given the opportunity to. Besides that he wasn't at all effective out there on the ice when given some opportunity.

Though Carlyle will probably have to be forced not to keep him on the roster. No good reason for Orr to be on the Leafs, but you just never know for sure.

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
Orr's career is winding down. He had a couple great seasons as far as dropping the mitts are concerned for us, but his performance and frequency regarding fisticuffs has plummeted, and with the team seemingly taking a new(smarter) direction with the bottom 6 it spells the end for him.

Broll or Devane can fill that role if need be

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
As much as everyone hates on Orr and McLaren, these guys are actually somewhat useful, and it's even more important to have them now with a roster filled with agitators on the team. Just dress them when needed (i.e Boston, Buffalo, any team that can get pretty rough). Of course Bodie can fight somewhat, but he doesn't have that intimidation factor.

Everyone talks about how great the Leafs did and their identity during the lockout season, but forget Orr and McLaren were part of that team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
As much as everyone hates on Orr and McLaren, these guys are actually somewhat useful, and it's even more important to have them now with a roster filled with agitators on the team. Just dress them when needed (i.e Boston, Buffalo, any team that can get pretty rough). Of course Bodie can fight somewhat, but he doesn't have that intimidation factor.

Everyone talks about how great the Leafs did and their identity during the lockout season, but forget Orr and McLaren were part of that team.

if they don't fight - they're not useful. i can count on one hand how many fights those two had - I think it was like five, and after the Parros fight (eeesh, still can't even think about that one) - any 'fight' Orr had basically had him looking at the ref to bail him out.

And most teams just simply stopped fighting us period - because they knew the Leafs got off on it.

neither player scored a single point last season.

we can still be amazingly troll-esque, without having them. i don't think there isn't anyone who wouldn't fight - but more importantly - we don't have to engage. let the other team take the 2 + and we go on the powerplay.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
I hope I've seen the last of him and any other 3 minute face punchers on our roster. Waste of cap space, roster spots and ice time.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's gonna have to play some of his best hockey for him to stick around.

siddy

Oct 26, 2010
I wouldn't mind having Orr as like the 13th guy. We can bring him in for games where we need to fight someone. He'll come into the game, fight in the 1st period. Then sit out the next 5 or so games until we need to bring him in to fight again. But if he's playing, he's gotta be fighting and hopefully he does it early and gets himself and one of their guys kicked out. It's just kind of an intimidation factor. The other team will know that if they mess with us, we'll unleach Orr on them the next time we play them.

This is just a stupid comment. When should someone 'need' to fight? How will the coaches know that before the game started? How do you quantify the intimidation factor? How does a person who plays 3 minutes a night against the other 4th line intimidate 1st liners?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I wouldn't mind keeping one of Orr or McLaren as an extra forward to use sparingly for certain matchups throughout the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad