Are Knights and Islanders done?

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Vegas was under two minutes away from taking a 2-1 lead. Fleury gave the game away in one of the most brutal plays this side of Steve Smith. There is still a good chance that Vegas takes this series. Even spotting Montreal a one game lead, this is still anybody's series.

Agreed, especially when considering that VGK plays with 10 man on the ice all the time.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Is this the same guy that said Colorado had their series in the bag when they won 7-1 in game one?

Both teams win their next game, the series is 2-2. best of 3 after that.

I will say this, Vegas WILL win this series. They have been the better team since the puck dropped game 1. Montreal has been completely outclassed this series.

Reactions: barbu

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Yeah, but you also didn't think the Islanders would make the playoffs in 2020 so your prediction record with regards to NYI is shoddy at best.

Did you have to cross reference that with your folder titled on your computer: "SUPER SECRET REVENGE AGAINST DUMB RANGERS FANS AND EXPOSING THEIR OLD TAKES"

because I don't even remember what I had for dinner last night

voldar

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal
Is this the same guy that said Colorado had their series in the bag when they won 7-1 in game one?

I will say this, Vegas WILL win this series. They have been the better team since the puck dropped game 1. Montreal has been completely outclassed this series.
There is also a possibility that the Habs win their second home game too and go to Vegas with a 3-1. We all know that Habs play better on the road, so it can be very well possible that the the round ends Tuesday. Just in time to have a great St-Jean on Thursday. But again, that’s daydreaming, but who knows ? Things DO happen.

People should learn that in a competition it’s not the better team on paper who wins, but the one who wants it more. IMHO the Habs want it more.

Reactions: hobochangba

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Did you have to cross reference that with your folder titled on your computer: "SUPER SECRET REVENGE AGAINST DUMB RANGERS FANS AND EXPOSING THEIR OLD TAKES"

because I don't even remember what I had for dinner last night
Nope.

You have an easy username and avi combo to remember. Not everyone has a memory equivalent of that of a goldfish.

Reactions: JT Kreider

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
"Outclassed", yet they're trailing in the series despite the refs attempting to hand them a sweep on a golden platter.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

They've been the better team. Yet are down 2-1. They can't buy a PP goal. Montreal can't buy a PP.

Hmm....

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
A little stat for everyone to enjoy......

"Teams that take a 2-1 lead in a best-of-seven series go on to win 78% of the time."

Basically 80% both are done.

That's not how the math checks out actually. 64% chance that both are done. 96% chance that at least one is done. 4% chance that both come back.

Honestly though, I'm still betting on Vegas to win the series. Montreal was getting absolutely destroyed yesterday by Vegas. Price will be the reason they win this series if at all.

Reactions: Nucker101

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
That's not how the math checks out actually. 64% chance that both are done. 96% chance that at least one is done. 4% chance that both come back.

Honestly though, I'm still betting on Vegas to win the series. Montreal was getting absolutely destroyed yesterday by Vegas. Price will be the reason they win this series if at all.

Second bolded is why the first bolded won't happen imo.

When you have the inferior goalie. And have no gamebreakers. Plus are down 2-1 in a series without home ice.

Well....not liking your chances.

hobochangba

Apr 26, 2016
Knights have the refs on their side, so they're going to have that advantage. This isn't a conspiracy theory or a few calls here or there. This is demonstrably obvious to anyone with eyes
Yep I rarely say anything about the refs but for Vegas my god. It's been like that since they came into the league. Don't get it. Don't like it either but last night those guys should be removed. The refs were that bad. Jeez.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
It's far from done, but 50/50 is delusional. Montréal has the edge.

These guys have it 52/48 Vegas and 80/20 Bolts

NHL Playoff Odds -MoneyPuck 2021 Playoff & Cup Odds

Gambling wise: To win the cup it’s TBL +105, Vegas +185, MTL +450 and NYI +1000

If you think MTL is substantially better than 50/50 for the semis then you should be pounding the Habs

I personally think they are giving Vegas too much love but nowhere near as much as many on this board believe

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
"...Get your ICE COLD Hot Takes here...Hot Takes...Get your Ice Cold Hot Takes here..."

GladiatorMan.gif

Reactions: Canadienna

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Unless the Knights start throwing pucks over the glass, they're not going to be reliably called for infractions, which means they can do whatever the f*** they want in order to win. So they're not done.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad