Are Knights and Islanders done?

Capz

Jul 1, 2019
Knights are still going to win, make no mistakr. The discrepancy in pace of play, scoring chances and shots on goal are just so huge in favour of the Knights.

The Canadiens can thank MAF for being up, but they are still only 50% of the way there.

Mon has a better XGF through 3 games . Shot totals dont matter when they are all from the boards and price is back there. Mon was bad last night but I think more of their own doing than Vegas. Passes right on the tape were just bouncing off players sticks all night.

Vegas is definitely in the series they are a great team. But to say there is this huge gap in play is wrong IMO

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
The Knights have looked better than the Habs, I think they likely win the series. Although I thought the same about the Leafs :(

And the Isles are gritty and capable of coming back ... though I think the Lighting likely beat them, and win the cup, they’re damn good.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's pretty inexcusable to think this way unless someone is new to the playoffs.

I said the same thing when the habs were down against the Leafs. A series can turn on a dime, so I dont know why we never learn that lesson.

Of course neither team is "done".

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Knights are still going to win, make no mistakr. The discrepancy in pace of play, scoring chances and shots on goal are just so huge in favour of the Knights.

The Canadiens can thank MAF for being up, but they are still only 50% of the way there.
Lemme bookmark this real quick

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
No way they can come back. Does anyone think either team has a chance?

What? The Knights have been the better team by far, but they've been beating themselves. I fully expect them to win this series still.

I wouldn't say the Islanders are done but I can't see them beating the Lightning 3 more times. The Lightning are just too good.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Knights lost this serie when fleury f***ed up the second goal last night. You don't comeback from this.
Also his stupid flying pokecheck game 2 was also pretty putrid.

On other hand Carey Price is farming Vegas and Pacioretty is completely invisible.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
These “are x team done” when it’s 2-1 in the series are a joke and a waste of time. How are these always allowed?

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Vegas has the better chance of coming back, because I think the Islanders are simply playing the better team.

The only thing that concerns me about Vegas is that their forwards are not the greatest finishers.

We saw last year how much they can struggle and how quickly they can lose confidence when facing either hot or elite goaltending.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
A little stat for everyone to enjoy......

"Teams that take a 2-1 lead in a best-of-seven series go on to win 78% of the time."

Basically 80% both are done.
that's for each team individually -- for both series to go the same way would only be 16/25 or 64%.

Reactions: MattMartin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->