GDT: [Apr 15] Game 1: Flames @ Canucks: Series Tied 0-0 [8:00mt - CBC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
My mind, my body and soul are ready for this series.

1 more day...

Anyone else the type of person that unless going to the game in person, you prefer being at home often alone to watch? :nod: I hate going in a bar setting where I cannot concentrate on the game or be around people that talk about "other stuff". I guess you could say I am very much into the game.

Looks like this series will be spent at home in front of TV. Followed up by some Red Mile visits.

Off to Portugal next week so I will have to stream game 5*, 6* & 7* *mandatory "if necessary" :handclap:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'm a bit surprised at this
Button has Calgary but says he had Vancouver and could change his mind again
Cherry has Vancouver
ESPN had 7 picks for Van over 6 for Calgary (though more hockey people on Calgary)
Cullen took the Canucks
Calgary and Vancouver each picked 7 times NHL.com

It's gonna go to 6 or 7! This series is going to be the best round 1 matchup :handclap:

trv

Nov 4, 2014
Didsbury
I'm a Flames fan first(by a large margin), then Caps. Maybe they'll meet in the final..........

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada

1 more day...

Anyone else the type of person that unless going to the game in person, you prefer being at home often alone to watch? :nod: I hate going in a bar setting where I cannot concentrate on the game or be around people that talk about "other stuff". I guess you could say I am very much into the game.

Looks like this series will be spent at home in front of TV. Followed up by some Red Mile visits.

Off to Portugal next week so I will have to stream game 5*, 6* & 7* *mandatory "if necessary" :handclap:

Yup. I even tried going to the bar with my other hockey loving buddy, we are both "journalists" in the making and it's pretty much our whole life, then all of the sudden he starts talking about super hero movies! **** off, man, hockey is on!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Added something to the OP
And lastly. For you to sing along to :sarcasm:

Ladies and gentlemen
This is Flames in 6!

One, two, three, four, five
Everybody in the rink, so come on let's skate
To the Saddledome around the corner
The boys say they want to win the cup
But we really don't wanna
Lose out, like we did last year
We must shoot deep, 'cause talk is cheap
I\We like Giordano, Monahan, Johnny and Brodie
And as I continue you know they're getting better
So what can I do? I really beg you, my Lord
To me winning is the point of sport
On the fly, it's all good let me dump it
Please get in the corner

A little bit of Giordano in our end
A little bit of Monahan by Huds side
A little bit of Johnny is all we need
A little bit of Brodie is what we see
A little bit of Backlund in the slot
A little bit of Wideman with a bomb
A little bit of Bouma blocking shots
A little bit of Stanley makes us the champs

Flames in 6!

Skate up and down and pass it all around
Shoot the puck to the net
Put your body on the line
Take one shot high and go bar down
Get to the front and create some traffic
Shots from the points and shots from the slot
And if it hits the net then you're doing it right

A little bit of you makes us the champs

Stanley!
Stanley Cup!
Flames in 6!
(ha ha ha)

A little bit of you makes us the champs

I do all I do
To fall in love with a team like you
You can't run and you can't hide
You and me gonna touch the cup

Flames in 6!​

May 27, 2012
Earth
I did not notice this at first. I filled out a Pool bracket and ended up with Tampa vs Calgary final. Calgary wins. I chose Calgary all the way for obvious reasons, but didn't notice Tampa right away.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

1 more day...

I do like going to bars because generally the atmosphere is very pro-Flames and that's always nice to celebrate a goal or a fight or a win with those people. But in general I prefer to stay home (if I'm not going to the game) because I can kick my feet up, I have free beer (well, from the fridge), and I can be on HF! HF really has become a ritual for me on game days (and non-game days... I'm pretty much always on here now lol)

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
Hey guys

Primary Habs fan, but moved to Calgary in 2011 and obviously they've been my second team ever since. Had middle bowl corner tickets for the clincher against LA, by far the loudest Ive ever heard the Dome since I've been going to games, what a night (and hangover Friday morning)

Anyways, anyone know whats going on with Mony? All these reports are making me pretty nervous. Like the Patches situation with the Habs, Mony is a must to be healthy here. Blah

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hey guys

Primary Habs fan, but moved to Calgary in 2011 and obviously they've been my second team ever since. Had middle bowl corner tickets for the clincher against LA, by far the loudest Ive ever heard the Dome since I've been going to games, what a night (and hangover Friday morning)

Anyways, anyone know whats going on with Mony? All these reports are making me pretty nervous. Like the Patches situation with the Habs, Mony is a must to be healthy here. Blah

Many people on Twitter (such as Steinberg) have said that resting Monahan was part of the plan all along. He'll be back for game 1.

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
****in A, thanks guys. Been off and on checking twitter and not liking what I've seen so figured I'd just got here and check with you fellas haha

Go Flames Go, PLOFFS ARE OURZ

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
****in A, thanks guys. Been off and on checking twitter and not liking what I've seen so figured I'd just got here and check with you fellas haha

Go Flames Go, PLOFFS ARE OURZ

As per the Flames website:

Sean Monahan’s 10-minute twirl with teammates at practice Tuesday was by design.

There’s no cause for alarm with the 20-year-old.

“That was the plan,†Monahan said after practice. “Obviously I had a few days off there to get some rest and the plan was for me to go out there and see how I feel. I felt good.

“I’ll be in the lineup. I feel like I’m ready. I’m ready to go. This is playoff hockey so I’m excited about itâ€

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was just listening to Hartley on the radio, wow I'm getting so pumped up for tomorrow. Definitely wearing my jersey to work.

I really think we can take these guys, our team is built very well for the playoffs, it's going to be a fantastic series.

Espeon

Apr 4, 2015
I'm so pumped. I can't wait till tomorrow. For some reason I'm less nervous about this than I am the game we played against LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad