Anything new at Rexall this year?

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
For sure it's Northlands. They have their hand in everything. There was a discussion if Katz got the proceeds from the food and beverage sales when he first bought the team and it was confirmed that Northalnds contracts out to Aramark year round.

Ah, good to know. It'll be good to get the stink of Northlands away from this team. Too bad the stink of management persists.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Thats true but Katz doesnt seem to have an issue charging top dollar to watch a bad hockey team.

I have a hard time believing that he will change his ways when it comes to food services.

I can see ticket prices jumping a bit. But only to be in comparision with other arenas of that quality. Just think, we're downtown, we'll have many more options to eat before and after the game. Easier access as it's central so we don't have to pay $20 bucks to park. Plus the entertainment factor is going to be amazing.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I can see ticket prices jumping a bit. But only to be in comparision with other arenas of that quality. Just think, we're downtown, we'll have many more options to eat before and after the game. Easier access as it's central so we don't have to pay $20 bucks to park. Plus the entertainment factor is going to be amazing.

Here's hoping.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

Hopefully, but parking meters downtown will be in effect at night on game days now.

I'm sure they would never go above 7-10 bucks for the evening though.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
There are some that complain about a $4 increase in a ticket, but are all of a sudden going to pay for quality food?

Again I think 8.75 for their pulled pork is a decent deal. It is similar to other sandwiches I have had at other arenas. The buffet at club level for $20 is reasonable.

Maybe to stop the complaining and my defending in this thread (it is pointless and no real need for it) - what would people like to see here? What have you had in other arena's that you would like to see at Rexall? Somebody already mentioned the pretzels. What has been some of the best food you have ordered at an arena?

So I would put this to the people.

Would you pay more for food and service (even if it is overpriced by regular standards), if you are very happy with the quality of both?

Or would you be satisfied with paying less for food and service that you'll constantly complain about, upsets your stomach, and has little variety.

Just because you've grown accustomed to eating garbage, doesn't mean it should be acceptable.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Just a little story about the infamous Rexall service. My brother decided to take a chance last year and have a slice of pizza. He left his seat with 2 minutes left in the period and approached the BP counter. No one was in line, which he thought was great. Get a slice and leave. To his surprise, there was no pizza displayed. He ordered a slice, and they informed him they would be begin to make it for him. Told him they wanted it "fresh". While he waited, a lineup formed behind him, as the period had ended. 8 minutes later, he finally had his piece of pizza, and the lineup was 20 people deep. Unbelievable. How this has gone on for this long baffles me.

As to a new provider in Rogers Place, yes, the Katz group already said Northlands and their affiliates will NOT be used, thank God.

I think people that have never experienced anything but the food and service at Rexall will be pleasantly shocked when they see what actual food and service is like at the new place.

So does this mean that there is hope out there that Molson will go take a hike and we can drink real beer at the new rink like Labatts? Sorry just personal preference. I cant stand Molson and its watered down beer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad